Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

schumi13

Mclaren Conspiracy

Fernando Alonso recently suggested that towards the end of last season, my bet is after the Italian Grand Prix, the McLaren team that have a philosphy of equality with their drivers favoured Lewis Hamilton over himself. So what do we think? Alonso sliced Hamilton up twice in the opening corner at Spa which signalled out loud and clear, these two were at war. Hamilton was actually 1 lap heavier in the first stint therefore staying behind Fernando would have been fine, all he would have had to do in hindsight is push when Alonso pitted. The team decided to give him an additional 3 laps of fuel in the second stint which suggests that McLaren wanted Hamilton to beat Alonso.

Another telling sign of the cracks came after a disasterous grand prix in Japan where Alonso crashed out and Hamilton won. At the Chinese Grand Prix, Ron Dennis let the cat out of the bag by saying 'we weren't racing Kimi, we were basically racing Fernando.' Now whatever way you look at this, it tells you that Alonso was at war with his own Team Principal and his own team. The team however screwed themselves over and lost the championship because of their inability to handle two competitive drivers.

Now it is true to say that Alonso kick started this himself in Hungary during qualifying, but Hamilton was requested to let Alonso through in Q3 and he failed to do so. Alonso wouldn't have expected Hamilton to be so fast in his rookie season however being moulded in the McLaren family, Lewis was always going to be extremely fast. He however as I believe, became too ego-centric and instead of obeying Ron in Hungary, he lost the team the world championship.

It's been done to death. Let's hear a different tune.

This forum is pretty much dead from what it used to be a year ago thats why I've posted the conspiracy theory that is. It always leads people to share their view on it.

I'd say we should discuss Schumi parking his car at La Rascasse. That subject has been totally overlooked. Or maybe Suzuka 89?

Fernando Alonso recently suggested that towards the end of last season, my bet is after the Italian Grand Prix, the McLaren team that have a philosphy of equality with their drivers favoured Lewis Hamilton over himself.

Mainly Ron Dennis was looking for any excuse to favour his boy. That said, Alonso should have kept his mind focused. After Monaco GP he gave up trying to make them understand why he was 2xWDC while Hamilton was a brilliant rookie and Ron thought the boy would do it just that same year. Hungary and China proves how bad they managed that situation and they finished their good work in Brazil when gave Alonso an uncompetitive car not only against Hamilton but against the Ferraris too.

I'd say we should discuss Schumi parking his car at La Rascasse. That subject has been totally overlooked. Or maybe Suzuka 89?

Ahh the old classics. Adelaide 94.

I feel like I've just opened an old thread from last year.

Did anyone know that Max Moseley was in some sex scandal, whipping , punishment thingy?

Indeed. Here, fancy a cup of Fisa-Foca war?

I'd prefer a pint of Connie Montoya.

I feel like I've just opened an old thread from last year.

Makes you feel a year younger, doesn't it?

Not this again! My view of it is that Ron Dennis has been licking Hamilton's a$$ since he was karting so I think it's because of that Hamilton had Ron's full backing last season & I guess he couldn't give a damn about the other 2 time World Champion in the #1 car!

Not this again! My view of it is that Ron Dennis has been licking Hamilton's a$$ since he was karting so I think it's because of that Hamilton had Ron's full backing last season & I guess he couldn't give a damn about the other 2 time World Champion in the #1 car!

There is always a bald man licking the Villan's a##. Whatever, he seems to do it well.

Yup. It's pretty clear Alonso was responsible for Schumi stopping at Rascasse. But we've been over that before.

Yup. It's pretty clear Alonso was responsible for Schumi stopping at Rascasse. But we've been over that before.

I haven't heard that story before but it sounds interesting and... I need more details.

I haven't heard that story before but it sounds interesting and... I need more details.

He meant that, Alonso pushed him to make such a mistake, which means, he is complimenting Alonso's pace.

I can only say I regret making the topic. The replies are an illustration on how the board has changed since 2005 when I would want to come on everyday because people like Senna and others had intelligent debates going on. The hostility and over defensive nature at the moment is incredibily corrosive which is why some of the old regulars no longer bother and the highest number of posts is significantly less than a few months ago. I doubt this has anything to do with the fact there is a 3 week break aswell.

I can only say I regret making the topic. The replies are an illustration on how the board has changed since 2005 when I would want to come on everyday because people like Senna and others had intelligent debates going on. The hostility and over defensive nature at the moment is incredibily corrosive which is why some of the old regulars no longer bother and the highest number of posts is significantly less than a few months ago. I doubt this has anything to do with the fact there is a 3 week break aswell.

Bollocks. This is a repeptitive thread. It is covering old ground. That is why it is being met by a hostile approach. Don't allude to the fact that it is indicative of the nature of the forum.