Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

schumi13

Mclaren Conspiracy

The stats and facts suggest it isn't isolated and instead of being rude you should realise there is freedom of speech aswell as healthy debates. Rather than slagging of a topic that makes some attempt of trying to get people talking sensibly you should either keep your opinion to yourself or share it in a more productive way.

I think he is pointing to the fact our threads are mostly not getting anywhere. He tried to generate some old-time-like-arguements to see if would work, but apparently people don't feel like. Repetitive threads can be boring, but if you don't wanna talk on a subject, if you're tired of it, ignore it. The point is that recently every single thread has been getting repetitive, because people simply don't wanna hear there are different perspectives for some points of view. if you tell someone you don't agree, you get ignored, you get bashed, whatever. People don't mind talking about it because they're soooo sure they're 100% right, and I don't understand what's the point in a forum then. We always had some combinations of words you just can't write along in a thread or you'd get terribly turned off, but suddently you just can't say anything, and that's making it boring. That's when we get to the jokes, and then bye bye thread. (nothing against the jokes, I miss them when I'm not here, but they used to come on third page, and now they come on third post).

I'm not foruming along Niki Lauda, or Murray Wal... (ok I am, but you know what I meant :lol: ), or any other so called insider from TV-press-whatsoever. Some of us watched F1 longer than others, some of us are just starting, so getting some patience would be quite appropriate and maybe some respect for others ideas. I'm avoiding posting on the F1 Discussions for some time because I already know how the threads are gonna end.

I think the iniciative for a new arguement is valid, but maybe clearing up things would be appropriate. I'm sure he is not only who feels like this, since we've having a hundred 'is it me or...'-threads recently.

Bollocks. This is a repeptitive thread. It is covering old ground. That is why it is being met by a hostile approach. Don't allude to the fact that it is indicative of the nature of the forum.

Yes, it is an old thread but we could have a new perspective now. We are in August during a three weeks break so there should be no problem talking about old or not so old memories.

Sometimes it is not bad to look backward a little bit.

http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2008/8/8223.html

:D

As people have mentioned, there's been little discussion lately because there's **** all to talk about. What a coincidence that the forum dies down during a break. Nobody wants to talk about the subject this thread is intended for because everyone's opinion is entrenched and won't change because people have such strong opinions on the matter. Somebody mentioned how 'repetitive threads can be boring', if ever a thread had the scope to be both repetitive and boring then this is it. No offence Schumi13, it was a good effort, but that's just the way it is..

Also in F1, no driver is bigger than the sport, likewise posters in this forum. Despite the fact the forum has lost many a good member, there are still plenty around.

As people have mentioned, there's been little discussion lately because there's **** all to talk about. What a coincidence that the forum dies down during a break. Nobody wants to talk about the subject this thread is intended for because everyone's opinion is entrenched and won't change because people have such strong opinions on the matter. Somebody mentioned how 'repetitive threads can be boring', if ever a thread had the scope to be both repetitive and boring then this is it. No offence Schumi13, it was a good effort, but that's just the way it is..

Also in F1, no driver is bigger than the sport, likewise posters in this forum. Despite the fact the forum has lost many a good member, there are still plenty around.

Atlast you have made me cry! :P

This has indeed been done to death. If there were some new information that shed a different light on things then it would merit further discussion, but as it is we're all going to be repeating arguments we made last year. As an extremely lazy typist I can't be bothered to do that, and I suspect many others are the same. If you want to resurrect things then maybe bumping a previous topic on the subject may be a better way to go- at least then we'll have the entertainment value of re-reading all the bollocks we wrote......

There was plenty (and I do mean PLENTY) of spirited discussion on this up until the Moseley scandal broke and distracted us all (and there was plenty on that as well), so I don't think you can really complain about the quality of the discourse when you disappear for ages and then return in the summer break when there's little going on. Anyway, that's what the Cafe's for. Start up a topic on abortion- that'll stir things up......

I can only say I regret making the topic.

:lol: Sorry. I was only playing around. I enjoyed reading this thread, even if it didn't turn out quite as planned. :P

Most of us are indeed getting bored. Perhaps some of us attacked this thread because on seeing the title we got all excited thinking there was something new to talk about!

Mainly Ron Dennis was looking for any excuse to favour his boy. That said, Alonso should have kept his mind focused. After Monaco GP he gave up trying to make them understand why he was 2xWDC while Hamilton was a brilliant rookie and Ron thought the boy would do it just that same year. Hungary and China proves how bad they managed that situation and they finished their good work in Brazil when gave Alonso an uncompetitive car not only against Hamilton but against the Ferraris too.

Actually, Hamilton dropped like a stone once Alonso pulled the plug. His two victories after the British GP are highly controversial.

What's interesting, really, is that McLaren had everything won last year and preferred to lose everything... and smiling. Now, despite having a one-man team, McLaren still requires Ferrari's and BMW's errors even to make a showing at all.

This is a peculiar trend in the top teams, not just McLaren. Both Ferrari and BMW are doing the same thing. It's almost freakish. Sure Alonso is expensive but wouldn't you want to have Kimi and Alonso or Kubica and Alonso and _insure_ either the two WCs (Ferrari) or a runner-up (BMW)?

If I had a say in any of those three teams, Alonso would not be in a Renault.

I'm not, so I prefer that Alonso lands in Toyota or Honda. Funny that the _actions_ of those in charge of the top teams are the same I prefer.

I can only say I regret making the topic. The replies are an illustration on how the board has changed since 2005 when I would want to come on everyday because people like Senna and others had intelligent debates going on. The hostility and over defensive nature at the moment is incredibily corrosive which is why some of the old regulars no longer bother and the highest number of posts is significantly less than a few months ago. I doubt this has anything to do with the fact there is a 3 week break aswell.

I don't know how the board was in 05 but I gotta agree with you about what the board is now. If you don't come for laughs, forget it. F1 ain't the issue around here.

I agree with dribbler. It is already established, a year ago, that Hamilton and the whole mclaren family are indisputable prix. Anyway, schumi13, nothing wrong with a swift reminder

Fernando Alonso recently suggested that towards the end of last season, my bet is after the Italian Grand Prix, the McLaren team that have a philosphy of equality with their drivers favoured Lewis Hamilton over himself. So what do we think? Alonso sliced Hamilton up twice in the opening corner at Spa which signalled out loud and clear, these two were at war. Hamilton was actually 1 lap heavier in the first stint therefore staying behind Fernando would have been fine, all he would have had to do in hindsight is push when Alonso pitted. The team decided to give him an additional 3 laps of fuel in the second stint which suggests that McLaren wanted Hamilton to beat Alonso.

Another telling sign of the cracks came after a disasterous grand prix in Japan where Alonso crashed out and Hamilton won. At the Chinese Grand Prix, Ron Dennis let the cat out of the bag by saying 'we weren't racing Kimi, we were basically racing Fernando.' Now whatever way you look at this, it tells you that Alonso was at war with his own Team Principal and his own team. The team however screwed themselves over and lost the championship because of their inability to handle two competitive drivers.

Now it is true to say that Alonso kick started this himself in Hungary during qualifying, but Hamilton was requested to let Alonso through in Q3 and he failed to do so. Alonso wouldn't have expected Hamilton to be so fast in his rookie season however being moulded in the McLaren family, Lewis was always going to be extremely fast. He however as I believe, became too ego-centric and instead of obeying Ron in Hungary, he lost the team the world championship.

Equality does not exist when the golden boy Hamilton in his rookie year where he LOST the title is still the first Maclaren driver to have outside sponsorship> Even Schumacher when he was talking to Ron was not allowed to have ex-parte sponsorship which is the sole reason he never wore silver!

Equality does not exist when the golden boy Hamilton in his rookie year where he LOST the title is still the first Maclaren driver to have outside sponsorship> Even Schumacher when he was talking to Ron was not allowed to have ex-parte sponsorship which is the sole reason he never wore silver!

:o

Add to that I just read that the German powered Brit car has 25 more ponies then the rest of the field .

Add to that I just read that the German powered Brit car has 25 more ponies then the rest of the field .

I'd like to know the real numbers of every team. I'm sure they don't have 25 more than Ferrari but I'd say it is a good number for Renault, Toyota and Honda.

Not this again! My view of it is that Ron Dennis has been licking Hamilton's a$$ since he was karting so I think it's because of that Hamilton had Ron's full backing last season & I guess he couldn't give a damn about the other 2 time World Champion in the #1 car!

Ron gave hamilton his full backing, great. With a name like Mika the great you would have thought you'd be used to Ron favouring one driver over another

;)

Ron gave hamilton his full backing, great. With a name like Mika the great you would have thought you'd be used to Ron favouring one driver over another

;)

:lol:

I agree with dribbler. It is already established, a year ago, that Hamilton and the whole mclaren family are indisputable prix. Anyway, schumi13, nothing wrong with a swift reminder – thanks! ;)

Schumi- this is why we're all so sick of this topic. It attracts too many flamers without anything to say.

;)

Yep. A long history of favoritism by RD... which he denies, btw. It's quite hilarious.

Yep. A long history of favoritism by RD... which he denies, btw. It's quite hilarious.

Glad to know you laugh a lot, doctors do say, laughter is the best medicine! BTW! I have a doubt, do you look like this? :D

Monday 18 August at 11:58 : McLaren's 2008 car is now benefiting from the superior performance of its Mercedes-Benz engine, according to the German magazine Auto Motor und Sport.

The report claims that recent chassis improvements, including the Honda and BMW Sauber-like nose wings that debuted in Hungary, are allowing the car to perform more efficiently through the air.

Rival teams believe Mercedes' V8 engine is producing about 25 horse power more than any other 2.4 litre unit on the grid.

"If those numbers are right, then an advantage of 25 horse power with the same air resistance brings a benefit of four tenths (per lap)," BMW's technical chief Willy Rampf commented.

McLaren's MP4-23 has won the last three grands prix.

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/dailyf1news...r+-+report.html

In other news

Hamilton robbed in Spain

Monday 18th August 2008

Lewis Hamilton was robbed outside a Spanish hotel this past weekend as himself and his girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger checked out.

The duo, who were in town while Scherzinger performed a concert in the city, left the five-star Malaga Palacio hotel on Sunday.

As they checked out, though, two men snatched a rucksack and a leather holdall containing an iPod from the boot of the couple's Mercedes, forcing their bodyguards to give chase.

However, an onlooker told The People that "the thieves dropped the rucksack but got away."

I am sure it was Alehop and Elgo! :P

I am sure it was Alehop and Elgo! :P

Yes, the iPod was Elgo. She put some subliminal songs saying things like 'let them pass' or 'brake, brake, brake'... She told me it should work in Valencia. :rolleyes:

P.S.- Seriously now, I hope they find them and put them in jail.