Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grabthaw the Hammerslayer

Some Interesting Articles On Global Warming

That's why Stanford isn't even an Ivy League institution.

And you can't accuse me of academic arrogance because I got that line from a cartoon. :P

Hmmm I thought maure lived in here somewhere but it's a bit too quiet around here somehow :eusa_think: !

That's because it's now the "Some-scientists-learnt-how-to-measure-the-world's-temperature-over-a-spec-of-time-then-alter-the-figures-when-the-measurements-didn't-fit-their-purpose-and-convince-world-leaders-to-make-a-fortune-with-Carbon-Credits-but-the-plan-went-pear-shaped" thread. :P

I hope it's not finished, I've enjoyed it, though I think maure's and Chris's mission is accomplished! Maybe the Caped Crusaders will return when some scientists hit the panic button once more :lol:

Eating less meat, it seems will not save the planet from thermocalypse:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/23/veggie_planet_saver_scheme_rubbished/

Original article in American Chemical Society: http://tinyurl.com/yfxm5xw

Also article (sorry don't have source) from David Bellamy:

THE PRICE OF DISSENT ON GLOBAL WARMING

An opinion on climate change made me a pariah at the BBC explains botanist, David Bellamy

David Bellamy says, when I first stuck my head above the parapet to say I didn't believe what we were being told about global warming, I had no idea what the consequences would be. I am a scientist and I have to follow the direction of science but when I see that the truth is being covered up, I have to voice my opinions. According to official data in every year since 1998 world temperatureshave been getting colder and in 2002 Arctic ice actually increased. Why then do we not hear about that? The sad fact is that since I said that I didn't believe human beings caused global warming, I've not been allowed to make a television programme.

My absence has been noticed because wherever I go I meet people who say I grew up with you on the television, where are you now? It was in 1996 that I criticized wind farms while appearing on childrens' programme Blue Peter and I also had an article published in which I described global warming as poppyc#ck. The truth is I didn't believe wind farms were an effective means of alternative energy so I said so. Back then at the BBC you had to toe the line and I wasn't doing that. At that point I was still making loads of TV programmes and I was enjoying it greatly, then I suddenly found I was sending ideas for TV shows and they weren't getting taken up. I've asked around about why I've been ignored but I've found that people didn't get back to me.

At the beginning of this year, there was a BBC show with four experts saying this is going to be the end of all the ice in the Arctic and hypothesizing that it was going to be the hottest summer ever. Was it hell? It was very cold and very wet and now we've seen evidence that the glaciers in Alaska have started growing rapidly and they have not grown for a long time. I've seen evidence which I believe that says there has not been a rise in global temperature since 1998 despite the increase in carbon dioxide being pumped into the atmosphere. This makes me think the global warmers are telling lies. CO2 is not the driver.

The idiot fringe has accused me of being like an holocaust denier which is ludicrous. Climate change is all about cycles. It's a natural thing and has always happened. When the Romans lived in Britain they were growing very good red grapes and making wine on the borders of Scotland . It was evidently a lot warmer If you were sitting next to me 10,000 years ago we'd be under ice. So thank God for global warming for ending that ice age; we wouldn't be here otherwise. People such as former American Vice President, Al Gore, say that millions of us will die because of global warming which I think is a pretty stupid thing to say if you've got no proof. And my opinion is that there is absolutely no truth that CO2 has anything to do with any impending catastrophe. The science has quite simply gone away in fact it is not even science anymore it is anti-science.

There's no proof it is just projections and if you look at the models people such as Gore use, you can see they cherry pick the ones that support their beliefs. To date the way the so-called greens and the BBC, the Royal Society and even political parties have handled this smack of McCarthyism at its worst. Global warming is a part of a natural cycle and there is nothing that we can actually do to stop these cycles. The world is now facing spending a vast amount of money in tax to try to solve a problem that doesn't actually exist.

And how were we convinced that this problem exists even though all the evidence from measurements goes against the fact, God knows. Yes, the lakes in Africa are drying up but that's not global warming. They are drying up for the very simple reason that most of them have dams around them. So the water once used by local people is now used in the production of cut flowers and vegetables for the supermarkets of Europe . One of Gore's clangers was saying that the Aralc in Uzbekistan was drying up because of global warming. Well, everyone's knows because it was over the news 20 years ago that theRussians were growing cotton there at the time and that for every tonne of cotton you produce, you use a vast amount of water.

The thing that annoys me most is that there are genuine environmental problems that desperately require attention. I'm still an environmentalist. I'm still a Green. And I'm still campaigning to stop the destruction of the bio-diversity of the world but money will be wasted on trying to solve the global warming problem that I would much rather was used for looking after the people of the world. Being ignored by the likes of the BBC does not really bother me not when there are bigger problems at stake. I might not be on TV anymore but I still go around the world campaigning about these important issues eg, we must stop the destruction of tropical rainforests, something I've been saying for some 35 years.

Mother Nature will balance things out but not if we interfere by destroying rainforests and over fishing the seas. This is where the real environmental catastrophe could occur.

David Bellamy is a botanist, author of 35 books and has presented 400 television programmes

UK Parliamentary committee lets CRU off with a gentle ticking off.... what a shocker :(

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/31/climategate_carry_on/

Re Phil Jones: "His actions were in line with common practice in the climate science community," the report concludes.

Well they got that bit right :)

As I remember it, maure was on the side of Grabby the Hammerslayer. It was everybody on the other side who left. Hard to have a debate when there's no one to debate with.

This thread is like sooo boring without maure here to debate.

As I remember it, maure was on the side of Grabby the Hammerslayer. It was everybody on the other side who left. Hard to have a debate when there's no one to debate with.

They keep posting some good links occasionally. thbup.gif

Jeebus! 23 pages of this??!! Ladies and gentlemen, rock apes and jack nuts, lovers and leavers, the dead horse you've been flogging is now fertilizer.

As I remember it, maure was on the side of Grabby the Hammerslayer.

I think so too... and it makes me feel funky for some reason.

It was everybody on the other side who left.

They are around somewhere... warming up.

Hard to have a debate when there's no one to debate with.

True as long as you give a fck. Otherwise, the entire hill is choked full with pretty flowers.

This thread is like sooo boring without maure here to debate.

Pick your weapon.

They keep posting some good links occasionally.

Very true. Kudos to Grab.

Jeebus! 23 pages of this??!! Ladies and gentlemen, rock apes and jack nuts, lovers and leavers, the dead horse you've been flogging is now fertilizer.

If only.

AK47 it is!

Nifty choice. Now stick it tight up there.

By the way, who the fck are you? At some point I thought you were a Mike or some alike but since I'm getting to like you I ask again, who the fck are you?

Oh dear the ambulance chasers are out threatening lawsuits...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/03/29/global-warming-advocates-threaten-blizzard-lawsuits/

And NASA admits that maybe its data is not that "hot"

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/03/30/nasa-data-worse-than-climategate-data/

Something which a couple of US Senators are now challenging - can't find link now.

Oh dear the ambulance chasers are out threatening lawsuits...

http://www.foxnews.c...zzard-lawsuits/

Eventually, to produce CO2, it will be like smoking. You won't be able to eat a red bleeding steak in front of people or you risk them telling you they have to cope with your CO2 like it happens with passive smokers.

Farting is a crime!!!

Mike??

I think he's translating your screen name 'Mika' which is 'Mike'.

By the way, who the fck are you? At some point I thought you were a Mike or some alike but since I'm getting to like you I ask again, who the fck are you?

Not me, that's for certain. The only other alias I have on this site is 'Socrates'....and I've forgotten the password for that one.

Nifty choice. Now stick it tight up there.

Don't mind if I do!

I am no mike, I am mika (not my real name, just a tribute to the wonderful singer/faggit driver!

EDIT: Twas mika but thought my display name needed a rest & gave it a new & agreeable name! ;)

I think he's translating your screen name 'Mika' which is 'Mike'.

eeeewww, don't say that: Mike Hakkinen?? *shudders*

Not me, that's for certain. The only other alias I have on this site is 'Socrates'....and I've forgotten the password for that one.

Socrates?? :lol:

Ah and so above we see the forum's self-proclaimed 'second coming of Socrates' getting in his daily blunder-before-breakfast. Don't think we don't notice you changing the subject. Not such a big believer in GW now, are we Maure? What's wrong - your beloved peer review process hasn't proven there will be a mass extinction of paupers around the world? The politicians were in cahoots with some lying scientists? Well we did tell you but you just _smiled_ and walked. Fortunately this forum operates with greater transparency than the nether regions of the scientific community and everyone can go back and see all the exaggerated claims about dying Bangladeshis you were making only a few weeks ago. Shame on you. :nono1:

DOMENICALI IS FCKING GLOBALLY HEATING MY HEAD AND MY ERR...

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!