Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grabthaw the Hammerslayer

Some Interesting Articles On Global Warming

Actually the FIA and IPCC should merge - given that they are both unelected, have an effect on billions of spending, are bent as hell and don't know what they are talking about.

Could be called the Federation International Automobile and Scientific Climate Organisation or FIASCO for short. :D

Spanky for president!!! :D

Can't believe this thread has reappeared after so long. Welcome to the off season!

Anyway, the link Cav posts above is a rather more sensible precis of the situation. As usual the Telegraph is just a tabloid in a frock.

I presume you refer to the telegraph article?

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archi...hills/#more-620

I love the way this article is so dismissive - oh its just a bit of wrong data. Not very scientific/professional and certainly raises questions about the quality of the underlying data and collection processes.

I am sure if it was the "anti-camp" that published incorrect data they would get jumped all over for doing so.

I love the way this article is so dismissive - oh its just a bit of wrong data. Not very scientific/professional and certainly raises questions about the quality of the underlying data and collection processes.

I am sure if it was the "anti-camp" that published incorrect data they would get jumped all over for doing so.

Just consider the amount of fun they are gonna have dismissing this one:

Alaskan Glaciers Grow for First Time in 250 years

http://www.dailytech.com/Alaskan+Glaciers+...rticle13215.htm

By quoting from the aRTICLE itseelf?

Molnia says one cold summer doesn't mean the start of a new climatic trend. At least years like this, however, might mark the beginning of another Little Ice Age.

Indeed.

The "hottest" October means everything. The coldest summer means nothing.

Quite, quite amusing...

I had missed it in The Register but I picked it up elsewhere.

All the signs of bad science have been there from almost the get go... and this is not, by far, the first time it has happened (for examples, read on the "fat" scare or the "chomskian" hysteria).

On a different but related note, today I got time to read the last batch of new issues in my fields of work. On average, about 40% of the articles (in each volume) should have never been published and about 20% are so poorly realized that it is impossible to discern if even the word "methodology" has meaning to the authors (therefore, compromising verification, thus, bird-sht). Two out of ten issues are completely worthless, _completely_. That is not a first but still... it speaks very unkindly about the review process and the quality of what ultimately gets printed. Fcking politics...

You guys would never believe how much worthy research never sees the light of day because of the politics and incompetence in the academic system (in some fields, sick and tired of this bullsht, academics are publishing directly on the net). Heck, I've got a kid (ok, in her 30's) who's brilliant yet has had one of her papers rejected 22 times. TWENTY TWO TIMES. What can you say to her, as a senior academic, about a review system that doesn't give a fck about her groundbreaking work because editors don't give a sht when assigning reviewers and, therefore, have her work taken apart by incompetent fools that do not even realize that the paper they are reviewing _is_not_even_in_their_field? Un-fcking-believable... and, yes, all you can say is persevere.

Dinner time... that always makes me smile.

Amazing, isn't it?

Presume you have been following the Yamal situation too?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/29/yamal_scandal/

Good to see finally some truths are emerging.

Awesome stuff - a scientific community bending the rules and cherry picking data, disgraceful. No wonder the pro 'human-are-to-blame' are having such a hard time.

Ah well, the F1 season's over......... :P

Guys, go to the source. I've been following Yamal since the beginning on www.climateaudit.org. McIntry is the one who discovered it. Now, THIS is the real scandal. Instead, everybody get's excited over e-mails. I knew that that Yamal was more important, but maybe too scientific for the masses???

Oh, the hacked e-mails stuff was all over Drudgereport.com yesterday...

laugh.gif

Awesome stuff - a scientific community bending the rules and cherry picking data, disgraceful. No wonder the pro 'human-are-to-blame' are having such a hard time.

Ah well, the F1 season's over......... :P

Actually the scientists have nothing to fear, job-wise. With their track record, they could easily get a job in F1 :)

But NONE of you get the real importance of these emails, and the devasting consequences........

GLACIERS in the Alps, Andes and Himalayas have stopped melting after the release of secret emails showing climate change scientists are at it.

Vast ice sheets across the globe gained up to four inches just hours after it emerged experts at the University of East Anglia had been manipulating data in a bid to knock-off early.

Meanwhile in the Antarctic the 200 square mile Donnelly ice shelf changed direction and headed back towards the continent where it then reattached itself to the slightly larger McPartlin ice shelf.

Climate change sceptic and fully-qualified blogger Martin Bishop said: "As soon as these emails were released the world's glaciers resumed their normal, icey behaviour, as long-predicted by some of London's most important journalists.

"This is the smoking iceberg that fires a polar bear of truth between the eyes of hysteria and communism."

He added: "More than half the world's journalists who have read Nigel Lawson's book now accept that the atmosphere could not possibly have been affected by setting fire to millions of tons of coal, oil and gas every single day for 150 years while at the same time chopping down most of the really big trees.

"Can we all please now return to some kind of sanity and tie George Monbiot to the back of a Range Rover?"

Professor Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, said: "While there will always be debate over climate data, it's important to remember that the state of the world's icebergs and glaciers remains wholly dependant on which group of tedious, hectoring arseholes is currently winning the argument." :lol:

But Bill McKay, an accountant from Dunbar, said: "I'm not a scientist, but last week I noticed some mosquito-like creatures buzzing around the light at my back door. Again, not a scientist, but... mosquitos, November, Scotland.

"Someone needs to explain that to me, because as things stand, it does seem to be a tad ****ed up."

Guys, go to the source. I've been following Yamal since the beginning on www.climateaudit.org. McIntry is the one who discovered it. Now, THIS is the real scandal. Instead, everybody get's excited over e-mails. I knew that that Yamal was more important, but maybe too scientific for the masses???

laugh.gif

I have been following it there too. McIntyre is doing a great job.

Somehow I think this is the tip of a large (non-melting) iceberg.....

laugh.gif

Come on, man, you know how it goes. The GW fart-balloon has a lot of inertia. It'll be foolish to think it's going to disappear overnight... and one thing is the manipulation of source data and another the emails these scoundrels have been exchanging. For sure, that is more appealing to the "masses"...

Here is some amusing stuff:

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/hadley_hacked#63657

The article is just ok but the fun starts with the "updates" below the article.

Actually the scientists have nothing to fear, job-wise. With their track record, they could easily get a job in F1 :)

Yep, it's so agreeable a fact that it almost sounds as if you were trying to hit on me.

Come on, man, you know how it goes. The GW fart-balloon has a lot of inertia. It'll be foolish to think it's going to disappear overnight... and one thing is the manipulation of source data and another the emails these scoundrels have been exchanging. For sure, that is more appealing to the "masses"...

Here is some amusing stuff:

http://blogs.news.co...ey_hacked#63657

The article is just ok but the fun starts with the "updates" below the article.

Oh, the press is all over it, alright! NY Times printed an article how despicable the hacking was, and how "there is no smoking gun." Their source? Phil Jones - head of the CRU. Meanwhile, what's in the headline is "record levels of CO2." Yup. Snow job has started.

What a motley crew we have posting in this thread. You'd have to be an idiot to join in with this lot.

Whoops. :dam:

Actually come to think of it, my room was bloody cold last night. If any peer-reviewed journals don't accept that as proof scientists are all daft, the Telegraph will surely see sense and publish me.

Well I just got global cooling of *massive*, ice-age proportions in my general trouser area....

Reckon your yamal ain't up to your evvvvvvvvil intentions towards me... no worries, I said "as if".

Oh, the press is all over it, alright! NY Times printed an article how despicable the hacking was, and how "there is no smoking gun." Their source? Phil Jones - head of the CRU. Meanwhile, what's in the headline is "record levels of CO2." Yup. Snow job has started.

There will be more dancing around, you bet,...

What a motley crew we have posting in this thread. You'd have to be an idiot to join in with this lot.

Whoops. :dam:

Actually come to think of it, my room was bloody cold last night. If any peer-reviewed journals don't accept that as proof scientists are all daft, the Telegraph will surely see sense and publish me.

Ok.

post-1794-125918639584_thumb.jpg

Twisted, cruel, yet amusing.

Somehow liberating...

Whoops. dam.gif

I'm afraid it's not going to happen. You see, the only way to publish would be if you were a part of the TEAM (i.e. Briffa, Mann, Schmidt, etc) and you claimed that your room was HOT last night, and that was a proof of Global Warming. Only than the TEAM woul;d allow the science journals to publish your findings. Not to mention Al Gore would give you a ring....