Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Valencia Gp

Massa's on his first race, while Kimi is on his second race... Hamilton is also on his second race...

So you are trying to say that LH's engine is going to detonete too?

So you are trying to say that LH's engine is going to detonete too?

One can have some hope now can't they??? :P

Nah but i don't think it would happen...

Massa was 0.5 second slower than Hammy so he is not pushing he is taking care of the engine, I think they prefer to get penalized and get away with some point than try to blow the engine trying to build a safe gap.

Nope, Kimi left when the light was at Orange rather than Green... The feuling guy didn't give the green light... He made a mistake, s##t happens...

:lol:

Yep, I stand corrected by the commentators..

Geez, we just don't get a break.

I know, the suckage continues.

One can have some hope now can't they??? :P

Nah but i don't think it would happen...

This is only happening to Ferrari's car not to Ferrari's supply cars

Kimi throttled with a red light. His fault.

The circuit is like Monaco but prettier, faster and safer. I loved it. Of course it's hard to overtake but so is Monaco and I never see anyone comparing it to Barcelona.

Ok, here's a tip for you all:

Try practicing your manualist skills like Jems while watching the race.

You might actually feel you are doing something worthwhile with your time.

Righty then. At least Kubica is on the podium. Looks like Ferrari may back Massa from now on, you can't blame them, lets see how that works out...

Good for Massa. But I think he must be wondering whether he'll be able to complete the next race, given Ferrari's new found fragility.

Trulli, Vettel, Glock, Rosberg did very well.

Now the big question: Who won the race?

There's no driver of the day today.

Well there seem to be only 2 people in contention since the race started...

He's 31 seconds in front of Kubica so it's only a question on P1 or P2...

But i doubt it they would peanilse Massa, it wasn't his fault...

Good for Massa. But I think he must be wondering whether he'll be able to complete the next race, given Ferrari's new found fragility.

Trulli, Vettel, Glock, Rosberg did very well.

Spa is also very hard on engines...

Maybe Ferrari may take their free engine change for Massa next race...

Commmentators note, Kubica only 3 points behind Kimi... :o

Well there seem to be only 2 people in contention since the race started...

He's 31 seconds in front of Kubica so it's only a question on P1 or P2...

But i doubt it they would peanilse Massa, it wasn't his fault...

It's true but you never know, this if F1 after all.

The race was awfully boring, and I definitely don't have a driver of the day... maybe Trulli? Dunno...

I have no problem with Ferrari backing Massa from now on (Kimi doesn't want another WDC? Let him rot... yeah, I'm annoyed right now), but I want to see Kimi winning at Spa, only just that. I just hope I will be lucky enough to see it.

The race was awfully boring, and I definitely don't have a driver of the day... maybe Trulli? Dunno...

I have no problem with Ferrari backing Massa from now on (Kimi doesn't want another WDC? Let him rot... yeah, I'm annoyed right now), but I want to see Kimi winning at Spa, only just that. I just hope I will be lucky enough to see it.

I agree. If Massa beats Kimi at Spa, then I just give up :lol:

I feel exactly the same way, i think that Kimi's best roll now is as a test driver.

Now I am going to fly in my FSX at least I am not going to be so bored doing thart as watching this race.

You guys just don't realise how fast Massa is. Kimi hasn't really got to grips with the Ferrari since his move from Mclaren..his WDC was a fluke and needed Massa to defer to him and Lewis somehow blowing a 17 points gap in 2 races. Kimi is a great driver, but I think he is best in a Mclaren on Michelin tyres.

Ferrari should now back Massa or they are in danger of losing the WDC. Whether Kimi will agree to such an approach is not clear as you cant really ask a WDC to play shotgun to a teammate that is barely ahead in the classifications and there being many races to go.

You guys just don't realise how fast Massa is. Kimi hasn't really got to grips with the Ferrari since his move from Mclaren..his WDC was a fluke and needed Massa to defer to him and Lewis somehow blowing a 17 points gap in 2 races. Kimi is a great driver, but I think he is best in a Mclaren on Michelin tyres.

Ferrari should now back Massa or they are in danger of losing the WDC. Whether Kimi will agree to such an approach is not clear as you cant really ask a WDC to play shotgun to a teammate that is barely ahead in the classifications and there being many races to go.

The next couple of races will decide Ferrari's support, but I suspect it's already heading Massa's way. I still don't think he has much racecraft and would be a poor world champ, but oh well. Kimi was certainly a more dynamic and faster driver on Michelin tyres.

The next couple of races will decide Ferrari's support, but I suspect it's already heading Massa's way. I still don't think he has much racecraft and would be a poor world champ, but oh well. Kimi was certainly a more dynamic and faster driver on Michelin tyres.

Kimi could still shine if he comes back to Mclaren because Mclaren know how to get the best out the given tyres even if its worn out and Mclaren knew how to get the best out of Kimi. Ferrari may be giving far too much freedom, even allowing him to meditate in the car.

Well, bit of a dull race.

But its mighty dodgy that Massa escaped a penalty, as he didnt gain an advantage (Wtf?) but got fined 10,000 euros and reprimanded so clearly did do something wrong.

Now Massa drove great, and deserved to win the race I dont deny that. But I have a REAL big big BIG issue with the FIA and how they handled this. We've seen the same situation and drivers get punished for this. Now the stewards are saying he didnt gain an advantage... BUT thats NOT what was being investigated was it? It was an UNSAFE release, and rules are rules - he was released in an unsafe way - thats plain for the whole world to see.

Again Massa deserved the win, I am a Hamlton fan, he was second in this race. But I have a BIG issue with this decision as it means that teams will be more willing to release drivers into each other - the rule exists to protect those in the pitlane - a 50mph formula one car will bloody hurt you if it hits you - so we can see a car spin out in the pits cause of this.

I just CANT understand F1 :(

I don't agree with you here. His WDC wasn't exactly a fluke. And he was better in the McLaren because he was younger and hungrier. Only goes to show what he lost in there. If he had his mind set in the same way right now the tyres or other crap wouldn't be any problem, and even if they were we would notice that right away. When someone's performance is good it doesn't matter if he drives a 4 wheeled potato or a Ferrari. Only that now he's not performing good and for that Massa deserves Ferrari backing him up. Not forcing Kimi to help him while he still has a shot at the WDC, just giving him full support in the rest of areas. Ferrari's situation isn't enviable, I wonder what they're gonna do.

Well, bit of a dull race.

But its mighty dodgy that Massa escaped a penalty, as he didnt gain an advantage (Wtf?) but got fined 10,000 euros and reprimanded so clearly did do something wrong.

Now Massa drove great, and deserved to win the race I dont deny that. But I have a REAL big big BIG issue with the FIA and how they handled this. We've seen the same situation and drivers get punished for this. Now the stewards are saying he didnt gain an advantage... BUT thats NOT what was being investigated was it? It was an UNSAFE release, and rules are rules - he was released in an unsafe way - thats plain for the whole world to see.

Again Massa deserved the win, I am a Hamlton fan, he was second in this race. But I have a BIG issue with this decision as it means that teams will be more willing to release drivers into each other - the rule exists to protect those in the pitlane - a 50mph formula one car will bloody hurt you if it hits you - so we can see a car spin out in the pits cause of this.

I just CANT understand F1 :(

When the penalty wasn't imposed immediately one knew that the stewards, headed by Donnelly, were just finding a way to cover their tracks. Lewis was given a drive through for overtaking Vettel and the stewards chose to release an onboard shot of the incidence to support their decision - no other were released, apparently because the footage was the property of the track not the stewards. The penalty was immediate and the team were not even allowed to instruct LH to yield the position.

That said, Massa deserved the win as he was the more complete driver all weekend.

Now, we know that LH 's engine was subject to a 'random' inspection..when will ferrari have their's inspected. 2 engine failures in 2 races is a bit odd when the engines have to last at least 2 races