Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

3 Films You Should All Watch

And your listening to a government that has since signed away all the american peoples rights in the name of Terrorism, who have told you what to believe!

This conversation makes me happy- it vindicates my decision to emigrate to the US.

Thats nice! So, I called him Sir Underwear.

Well, he might have the most stylish Calvins here, who knows? :lol:

:lol:

Thats nice! So, I called him Sir Underwear.

Well, he might have the most stylish Calvins here, who knows? :lol:

I don't wear them any more, got tired of taking them off to show my arse in Tesco's window if Valencia wasn't brilliant :P In fact, after my coments about Valencia, I probably deserve Sir Pants........

Funny, I still have all my rights as an American...................................

of course, we still have rights as they are inherent in man's nature, but there are few that are not routinely violated by the u.s. government. i say that, making a distinction between a right and a privilege. with rights, one doesn't have to ask permission, not true with privileges, which are granted by some supposed authority.

here's a list of things that you have an inherent right to do, that the state will not allow without permission:

own a home

open a business

run a business as you see fit

drive a car

travel outside the borders

reenter borders

practice as a professional

use various substances

gamble

trade in various goods or services

retain income

practice religion

alter land

access a justice system

freely associate

choose a suitable currency

these are just a few, though some are very wide ranging. americans are allowed access to only the most basic rights and is by no means a "free country".

Most of them are dead!

By the way, lack of motive? *cough* OIL *cough*

If the motive was oil, why are prices still hovering around $4 per gallon?

The only place for loose change is in my pocket.

of course, we still have rights as they are inherent in man's nature, but there are few that are not routinely violated by the u.s. government. i say that, making a distinction between a right and a privilege. with rights, one doesn't have to ask permission, not true with privileges, which are granted by some supposed authority.

here's a list of things that you have an inherent right to do, that the state will not allow without permission:

own a home

open a business

run a business as you see fit

drive a car

travel outside the borders

reenter borders

practice as a professional

use various substances

gamble

trade in various goods or services

retain income

practice religion

alter land

access a justice system

freely associate

choose a suitable currency

these are just a few, though some are very wide ranging. americans are allowed access to only the most basic rights and is by no means a "free country".

Quite right too. A "right" does not just mean "anything you want".

Quite right too. A "right" does not just mean "anything you want".

absolutely. one has only the right to do those things that do not violate someone else's person or property.

I love how your all going out of your way to prove the US is still great and the land of the Free. Unfortunately that is not the case but you carry on with your lives and see what happens in the next 12 years! Of course Endgame might be completely wrong and unfounded, but it does raise some serious alarm bells and does make you start to question things. Same with Loose Change on the whole 9/11 thing. I still don't think it was an Al Qaeda attack, for a start if they had done it, why have they never said yes it was us and taken the glory for it, and why is Bin Laden not listed as even a suspect for the 9/11 attacks on the FBI's most wanted list? Seems rather odd since they had "proof" it was all down to them.

But anyway, this is why I love films like this, it raises debate and questions what people take for granted in the sense that it challenges popular opinion and thought!

Carry on!

Hello? What's occurring? Yank bashing? We'll have no trouble here.

Went there once. Didn't get shot or killed at all. Nice place. Apart from driving on the wrong side of the road and not speaking English. Although we have those problems here as well, come to think of it.

Are we still talking about films? I recommend Dougal and the Blue Cat. A powerful political allegory written under the influence of speed. Probably.

Actually Monza there is no bashing of the American forum members, or in fact the american people, just their government and elite! Though it's the same case with the British Government and the EU and everything else!

Ben, one thing you need to learn is this. Coming from an American, this has at least some weight to it. The US Government has rarely, if ever, done anything right. Want proof?

War on drugs

No Child left behind

Welfare as it's structured

Katrina (although all 3 levels were to blame equally)

Department of Education

If they can't get all the drugs off the street, how the hell could they have gotten 19 people on 4 different flights to crash into targets without someone letting the word slip? You do realize how many people would have been involved in planning this, right?

Ben, one thing you need to learn is this. Coming from an American, this has at least some weight to it. The US Government has rarely, if ever, done anything right. Want proof?

War on drugs

No Child left behind

Welfare as it's structured

Katrina (although all 3 levels were to blame equally)

Department of Education

If they can't get all the drugs off the street, how the hell could they have gotten 19 people on 4 different flights to crash into targets without someone letting the word slip? You do realize how many people would have been involved in planning this, right?

Exactly. That's the big problem with these conspiracies. A coverup on this level would have to be a piece of genius; a plan so great and an execution so perfect that we'd have to assume they were all criminal masterminds. Now look at Bush. Does he look like a mastermind to you?

Ah, but that took place in remote desert locations, not in plain sight in the center of NYC. Nobody knew there was anything to investigate.

You're not seriously telling me you believe this conspiracy are you?

Well lets face it, it does certainly answer a lot of questions. Whether it is true or not, it certainly is believable and I find that quite scary that I can easily believe, as can others, that a government would do such a thing to their own people to justify a war in Iraq for control of the Oil, and to displace a man they themselves put in place!

Take my advice- never vote. Otherwise someone like Boris Johnson will become mayor.

Wait..... :eusa_think:

Exactly. That's the big problem with these conspiracies. A coverup on this level would have to be a piece of genius; a plan so great and an execution so perfect that we'd have to assume they were all criminal masterminds. Now look at Bush. Does he look like a mastermind to you?

The greatest trick Bush ever pulled was convincing the world his brain didn't exist.

democracy is bulls*it. fact is that we live in anarchy and no one gives a damn bout what others do because 'they have right to what they feel like'. voting is silly for me. you can never represent every single person of a country, and you can never say what's right for all of them. you don't even know what they're doing up there, neither do they know or really care about what you're doing. it'd never work as what's supposed to work by definition and it's always been like that. now im not gon trust my life (if i really cared bout it) on some government that don't even know me, or say it's a 100% right on something just because i was born in that place, or because i have 'voted' on someone who told me to do so because he was 'nicer'. i do vote, because i'm obligated to. but no, thanks, i don't expect anything out of it, simply because they don't need to care about me.

you can mention human rights, basic structur, and say they provide you what you need for a living, but 1. you pay for it and nothing's for free, and 2. while they give you so, somone's dying because it doesn't have as much luck as you, and saying it's not your fault because it's not in your country is silly, because it could be you, and most likely it also happens in your country and you don't care because you dunno it. i trust basically on myself, and i don't intend to change because of elections or anything.

democracy is bulls*it. fact is that we live in anarchy and no one gives a damn bout what others do because 'they have right to what they feel like'. voting is silly for me. you can never represent every single person of a country, and you can never say what's right for all of them. you don't even know what they're doing up there, neither do they know or really care about what you're doing. it'd never work as what's supposed to work by definition and it's always been like that. now im not gon trust my life (if i really cared bout it) on some government that don't even know me, or say it's a 100% right on something just because i was born in that place, or because i have 'voted' on someone who told me to do so because he was 'nicer'. i do vote, because i'm obligated to. but no, thanks, i don't expect anything out of it, simply because they don't need to care about me.

you can mention human rights, basic structur, and say they provide you what you need for a living, but 1. you pay for it and nothing's for free, and 2. while they give you so, somone's dying because it doesn't have as much luck as you, and saying it's not your fault because it's not in your country is silly, because it could be you, and most likely it also happens in your country and you don't care because you dunno it. i trust basically on myself, and i don't intend to change because of elections or anything.

Well..at least your an optimist.

What did you think of it Katy? I found it shocking to say the least. I can't say I ever realised or even thought Christianity was taken from egyptian times and that jesus is infact the sun et al. And how it's just another way of controlling people!

Anyway, Murray you especially should watch them as they are right up your street! I will add the links to them

You're as gullible as a basking shark. I know you have issues with Bible Christianity and about where it stands regarding your 'alternate lifestyle' and I'm sure you find Dan Brown's bull$hit interesting too.

You're as gullible as a basking shark. I know you have issues with Bible Christianity and about where it stands regarding your 'alternate lifestyle' and I'm sure you find Dan Brown's bull$hit interesting too.

Ash, where in Joburg you from?

How dare you impugn the good name of the basking shark.

Edit: this was in reply to Ash. Not to Brad, who so rudely posted before me. Shame on you Brad.

Anyway, I'm with Erik von Daniken. We all know Stonehenge wouldn't work without half a dozen AA batteries.