Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Kubica Talking To Honda

We might just need 4 car teams IMO. Just imagine 4 Ferraris against 4 McLarens with the best drivers in them.

I know, who would u say are the current top 8 best drivers in Formula one mine are

McLaren

Hamilton

Kovalainen

Rosberg

Alonso - Imagine alonso back in Mclaren.

Ferrari

Massa

Raikkonen

Vettel

Webber

9 into 8 dosent fit aye DOF, I left out Kubica. also this would make the point scoring results interesting. considering 8 drivers score points currently.lol

We might just need 4 car teams IMO. Just imagine 4 Ferraris against 4 McLarens with the best drivers in them.

That's the most sensible suggestion you've made in a while. :P I suppose that would be a way to keep innovation while having a fair battle between several drivers.

I don't think we will see Robert in anything other than a BMW in 09.

Robert is looking at what other teams have to offer, but after doing that an realising that Ferrari are not yet able to sign him, he will more than likely sign a one year deal with a 2010 option weighted in his favour.

The rule changes have the potenial to shake up the current order of dominance. So 09 will or should be a sit and wait year in my opinion.

Thats what I have been saying! :P

I think Alonso isn't mad about joining Ferrari. If he had to make a decision between Ferrari and BMW for 2009 I think he would think about it carefully. He would probably go to Ferrari but it would be thinking on the long run, 2009 might be quite good for BMW and quite bad for Ferrari.

They've been many years without a Championship in the bag before Schumacher/Brawn era and they could do it again.

I think Alonso isn't mad about joining Ferrari. If he had to make a decision between Ferrari and BMW for 2009 I think he would think about it carefully. He would probably go to Ferrari but it would be thinking on the long run, 2009 might be quite good for BMW and quite bad for Ferrari.

They've been many years without a Championship in the bag before Schumacher/Brawn era and they could do it again.

I disagree. When major regulation change comes along, teams with the most experience aswell as big reources will normally do the best. BMW are inexperience in this area. They have been working on careful evolution up to this point. If Alonso is going to make another move, he won't want risk or controversy. He will also want the prestige he feels is in keeping with his status. For me (one year deal with Honda aside) Alonso wants to and will probably end up at Ferrari.

Both camps may have concerns about each other but it's usually the good looking guy who cops off with the hot chick by the end of the party.

[quote name='dribbler' post='263387' date='Aug 24 2008, 07:13 PM']Both camps may have concerns about each other but it's usually the good looking guy who cops off with the hot chick by the end of the party.[/quote]
But you probably have quite the same expression in English: [i]la suerte de la fea la bonita la desea.

[/i][The fate of the ugly girl is the envy/wish of the pretty one] :eusa_think:

Nice saying.

Btw as far as I know, we don't have that saying, but I don't know many of them. My parents' generation actually used to learn them in school.

Nice saying.

Oh, we have many nice sayings in Spanish. But I can't understand that one as we don't have any ugly girls, all of them are pretty. It must be for abroad. :lol:

:lol: Yeah. The pretty girls in Spain wish they were British and hence that little bit closer to the charm of Murray. :P Btw this is probably a stupid question, but do you get blonde girls in Spain, or redheads?

:lol: Yeah. The pretty girls in Spain wish they were British and hence that little bit closer to the charm of Murray. :P Btw this is probably a stupid question, but do you get blonde girls in Spain, or redheads?

Very few redhead girls and very few blonde girls too, but they are easy to dye whatever color. :P

I hope it doesn't sound sexist abroad. :eusa_think:

That's the most sensible suggestion you've made in a while. :P I suppose that would be a way to keep innovation while having a fair battle between several drivers.

Compromise?? That goes against everything this forum stands for. Hang your head in shame.

Very few redhead girls and very few blonde girls too, but they are easy to dye whatever color. :P

Cool. I actually think Spanish girls have quite a distinctive look. In a nice way. And no it doesn't sound sexist to me, but then what would? :P

Compromise?? That goes against everything this forum stands for. Hang your head in shame.

:lol: Sorry Oli. DOF, this is all your fault. I should have known not to listen to your crackpot ideas. :P

Earlier in the season you were arguing that Kova was actually faster than Hamilton.

Could anyone really say he isn't? It requires a faith in McLaren a light year beyond martyrdom.

The truth is that Kova's role on the team serves Hamilton and is a waste for McLaren. Even you can appreciate that.

But I can understand your fear of having Hamilton paired with someone capable of rising above the questionable doings of that team...

Surely Ron and Lewis are responsible for the global economic slow down, poverty, the Georgia crisis, Iraq and my indigestion.

Because, you argue, neither RD nor Hamilton are in any way whatsoever responsible for what goes on in McLaren and, much much less, who gets The Cursed Second drive. It might just be pinocchio who runs that team...

Hilarious, you are, hilarious.

Well if Mclaren are happy with Kovalainen, then why not sign him, we are talking about the winner of the last grand prix. what more do u want? also its not all that he does in the seat, he has to keep the sponsers and the team happy so good on him.

Also Vettel was already singed up for Redbull for 2009, or otherwise i would be saying that if Kubica went to Honda next year, then Vettel would look nice in white again aye.

Ok, buddy, Kova stormed the field in Hungary and won because he left everyone in the dust. The fact that he trails even Kubica is meaningless. What's important is that Hamilton and you are happy... which is my point.

Perhaps you should claim, like dribbler, that RD is not responsible for McLaren and that Hamilton has no say either. If unable, I recommend abbas' role as choirboy...

My goodness, the blindness.

To be honest, I suspect Alonso is a bit fixated on Ferrari. There should be an offer from BMW on the table and, seeing Renault's performance, little reason not to take it. Ferrari like McLaren are forced to pay for their errors and they won't make room. More so since Massa and Hamilton are paying off even if because of the field sucks.

Dribbler is right here, The top teams will get it right first. Surprises may occur but they will always have the edge. Maybe BMW could upset the pecking order but Toyota? Renault? Possible yet unlikely.

Yep, BMW is the only hope as with the reduction in downforce the engine will become even more important and BMW have the only engine to take on McLaren/Ferrari, the rest are hopeless grid fillers till 2011.

Renault will take another step back as their engine will trail behind even more, while STR might take another step forward, RBR will wish to get Ferrari/Merc/BMW engines.

Because, you argue, neither RD nor Hamilton are in any way whatsoever responsible for what goes on in McLaren and, much much less, who gets The Cursed Second drive. It might just be pinocchio who runs that team...

Hilarious, you are, hilarious.

No, he came third yesterday.

I am coming to Madrid soon.

I am coming to Madrid soon.
:lol:

I'll tell you how to do it.

Getting on a plane will help.

I hope he knows how to do that. :eusa_think:

I don't have the trouble of getting into the Plane, but asking the way to the airport will be a problem.

I don't have the trouble of getting into the Plane, but asking the way to the airport will be a problem.

I would recommend you to take bus from the airport, or maybe underground (Metro). It depends on what you want and where your plane lands (T1, T2, T3 or T4).

Send me a pm if you have any question, maybe we could meet here although I am going to the beach for a week or two. Madrid is normaly friendly and easy.

I would recommend you to take bus from the airport, or maybe underground (Metro). It depends on what you want and where your plane lands (T1, T2, T3 or T4).

Send me a pm if you have any question, maybe we could meet here although I am going to the beach for a week or two. Madrid is normaly friendly and easy.

Alehop! I was kidding! :D , I would like to come there someday, but right now I am not able to go to places I would love to see.