Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

Driver Of The Day

Who was the DOD this race??  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the DOD this race??

• Massa
    • Hamilton
    • Kubica
    • Kova
    • Trulli
    • Vettel
    • Glock
    • Roseberg
    • Other

Should be multiple choice: Vettel, Massa...

And Nando of course. :mf_tongue:

I'll pick none.

Was Albers driving Raikkonen's car? Just joking, but was it Raikkonen's fault or the light?

Vettel for me. That's my DOD vote, not who was driving Kimi's car. That was Kimi. And I think his light never went green.

What happened to multiple choice? :ninja:

Massa gets it for consistency. He did what he needed to and - though it was dull - he deserved it after three weeks ago.

Yawnalicious

Felipe. He did what he needed to do.

Massa of course

What happened to multiple choice? :ninja:

Massa gets it for consistency. He did what he needed to and - though it was dull - he deserved it after three weeks ago.

Yawnalicious

Whenever i create a DOD poll, it's always been single choice... And thus you get a winner in the pole, otherwise people vote for first their favourite drivers and then the person who was actually DOD...

Why Massa?

Is it because Nakajima didn't crash into the back of his car? :eusa_think:

Well you have to pick someone? Picking no one doesn't really fit in with the spirit of the thread

Well you have to pick someone? Picking no one doesn't really fit in with the spirit of the thread

And picking two?

Vettel, Massa.

Should've been multiple choice.

I surrender to Massa. The guy is coming around. There is no denying that. Strong in quali, strong in the race. He's growing up.

Vettel, of course, and Kubica did nicely too.

Extra points go to Nakajima for his assassination attempt...

Such a boring race. I could barely stay awake. Congrats Massa.

DOD? The whole field minus:

- DC for giving us another lesson on how not to overtake. You would think that after all this years he would have learned that but...

- KR for looking even more boring than the track itself and having an Albers moment.

- Nakajima. Would you think I am overreacting if I compared Nakajima's crash with Pearl Harbor? :P

The rest of the field, congrats for not falling asleep during the 57 laps long parade. Special mention goes for Nando, who is such a great driver that he knew what was coming and decided to call it a day. :whistling:

Whenever i create a DOD poll, it's always been single choice... And thus you get a winner in the pole, otherwise people vote for first their favourite drivers and then the person who was actually DOD...

a. Multiple choice votes also produce a winner.

b. This is actually an argument in favor of multiple choice - let me explain...

The terminally biased members will (as you rightly say) vote for their favorite driver - better that they are also able to vote for someone who's actually DOD rather than being limited to voting for their idol only. i.e. Being limited to one vote actually skews the results far more.

As for people such as myself who don't have a favorite driver, I am able to put my eggs in one basket if only one driver has a superb race, but for the most part when I see three or so good drives, I am able to register my support for each. Which one comes out on top is down to the democratic process.

For these reasons, I believe multiple choice votes are more accurate and democratic.

When I first set up a multi choice DOD vote, I got (quite understandably) bashed for it. Since then though, we've had many multiple choice votes and eyebrow raising has ceased. The change occurred violently at first - mostly due to my own mistaken belief that I could force people to see the logic of multiple choice immediately - that was wrong and obnoxious of me. Now however, I feel safe in submitting my opinions in a more polite fashion and hope that the successful running of several multiple choice votes has demonstrated that it's not a bad idea after all.

I do wish to add this...

It's your vote, so I respect your choice and freedom to set it up how you want. I just thought I'd explain why I prefer multiple choice in answer to your explanation as to why you prefer single choice.

We may continue to disagree, you may persuade me that single choice is better, I may persuade you otherwise.

I hope we might receive other's interjections and opinions on the subject.

In the absence of an exciting race to talk about, we may as well find something else to discuss instead.

Cheerio for now.

PS - was able to watch most of the GP on that speed webcast you sent - thanks again for that. Didn't know anyone was broadcasting speed on justintv.

PPS - who thought the UK part of the olympic closing ceremony was just tosh, London bus, silly dance troup, Beckham kicking a football, A whole lot of love - what a pastiche of nonsense - is there any hope the British gov won't completely embarrass themselves come 2012? I mean - look at the f***ing logo - how much did that cost again?

I agree that multiple choices are better. Of course, I don't think I'm alone when I say that I usually don't give a sht about what the poll ends up saying...

I think the poll is totally pointless, so I never bother voting. But the thread itself is good fun for a bit of arguing.

a. Multiple choice votes also produce a winner.

b. This is actually an argument in favor of multiple choice - let me explain...

The terminally biased members will (as you rightly say) vote for their favorite driver - better that they are also able to vote for someone who's actually DOD rather than being limited to voting for their idol only. i.e. Being limited to one vote actually skews the results far more.

As for people such as myself who don't have a favorite driver, I am able to put my eggs in one basket if only one driver has a superb race, but for the most part when I see three or so good drives, I am able to register my support for each. Which one comes out on top is down to the democratic process.

For these reasons, I believe multiple choice votes are more accurate and democratic.

When I first set up a multi choice DOD vote, I got (quite understandably) bashed for it. Since then though, we've had many multiple choice votes and eyebrow raising has ceased. The change occurred violently at first - mostly due to my own mistaken belief that I could force people to see the logic of multiple choice immediately - that was wrong and obnoxious of me. Now however, I feel safe in submitting my opinions in a more polite fashion and hope that the successful running of several multiple choice votes has demonstrated that it's not a bad idea after all.

I do wish to add this...

It's your vote, so I respect your choice and freedom to set it up how you want. I just thought I'd explain why I prefer multiple choice in answer to your explanation as to why you prefer single choice.

We may continue to disagree, you may persuade me that single choice is better, I may persuade you otherwise.

I hope we might receive other's interjections and opinions on the subject.

In the absence of an exciting race to talk about, we may as well find something else to discuss instead.

Cheerio for now.

PS - was able to watch most of the GP on that speed webcast you sent - thanks again for that. Didn't know anyone was broadcasting speed on justintv.

PPS - who thought the UK part of the olympic closing ceremony was just tosh, London bus, silly dance troup, Beckham kicking a football, A whole lot of love - what a pastiche of nonsense - is there any hope the British gov won't completely embarrass themselves come 2012? I mean - look at the f***ing logo - how much did that cost again?

I prefer multiple choice too. And I agree the London Games logo sucks :lol:

olympics_2012.jpg

I prefer multiple choice too. And I agree the London Games logo sucks :lol:

olympics_2012.jpg

uuuurgh

I suppose Massa? For quali, more than the race, but quali is enough. Vettel... well, if I said Massa because of quali I should assess him in the same way, and he did a great quali to get there. Good for him, good for STR. So both, but I should vote Massa because I'm tempting myself not to acknowledge him and that wouldn't be nice xD

By the way, that pink thingy is awful,