Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

Driver Of The Day

Who was the DOD this race??  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the DOD this race??

• Massa
    • Hamilton
    • Kubica
    • Kova
    • Trulli
    • Vettel
    • Glock
    • Roseberg
    • Other

DOD? The whole field minus:

- Nakajima. Would you think I am overreacting if I compared Nakajima's crash with Pearl Harbor? :P

The rest of the field, congrats for not falling asleep during the 57 laps long parade. Special mention goes for Nando, who is such a great driver that he knew what was coming and decided to call it a day. :whistling:

:clap3:

I prefer multiple choice too. And I agree the London Games logo sucks :lol:

olympics_2012.jpg

I am sure it was designed by Paris Hilton.

I am sure it was designed by Paris Hilton.

Actually, it was designed by a leading and reputable brand consultant, the best in the business ... Wally Olins. How they came about with this disgusting logo, nobody knows and understand how, but the most important aspect of this design is the fact that it has caused such a stir, everyone talking about it....

a. Multiple choice votes also produce a winner.

b. This is actually an argument in favor of multiple choice - let me explain...

The terminally biased members will (as you rightly say) vote for their favorite driver - better that they are also able to vote for someone who's actually DOD rather than being limited to voting for their idol only. i.e. Being limited to one vote actually skews the results far more.

As for people such as myself who don't have a favorite driver, I am able to put my eggs in one basket if only one driver has a superb race, but for the most part when I see three or so good drives, I am able to register my support for each. Which one comes out on top is down to the democratic process.

For these reasons, I believe multiple choice votes are more accurate and democratic.

When I first set up a multi choice DOD vote, I got (quite understandably) bashed for it. Since then though, we've had many multiple choice votes and eyebrow raising has ceased. The change occurred violently at first - mostly due to my own mistaken belief that I could force people to see the logic of multiple choice immediately - that was wrong and obnoxious of me. Now however, I feel safe in submitting my opinions in a more polite fashion and hope that the successful running of several multiple choice votes has demonstrated that it's not a bad idea after all.

I do wish to add this...

It's your vote, so I respect your choice and freedom to set it up how you want. I just thought I'd explain why I prefer multiple choice in answer to your explanation as to why you prefer single choice.

We may continue to disagree, you may persuade me that single choice is better, I may persuade you otherwise.

I hope we might receive other's interjections and opinions on the subject.

In the absence of an exciting race to talk about, we may as well find something else to discuss instead.

Cheerio for now.

PS - was able to watch most of the GP on that speed webcast you sent - thanks again for that. Didn't know anyone was broadcasting speed on justintv.

PPS - who thought the UK part of the olympic closing ceremony was just tosh, London bus, silly dance troup, Beckham kicking a football, A whole lot of love - what a pastiche of nonsense - is there any hope the British gov won't completely embarrass themselves come 2012? I mean - look at the f***ing logo - how much did that cost again?

Let's do a poll to find out what the forum prefers... But then should that poll be multiple choice or not??? :P

I'll keep in multiple choice from next time... :)

I prefer multiple choice too. And I agree the London Games logo sucks :lol:

olympics_2012.jpg

It looks disgusting....

Actually, it was designed by a leading and reputable brand consultant, the best in the business ... Wally Olins. How they came about with this disgusting logo, nobody knows and understand how, but the most important aspect of this design is the fact that it has caused such a stir, everyone talking about it....

Just like the Nintendo Wii..... But also remember, a bit part of the logo is also sales on mugs, shirts, cpas etc, Who in their right mind would want to be seen in THAT ???

RE Logo

There must be some psycological voodoo behind this design for it to be chosen, because at face value, it is probably the worst logo I have ever seen. Shape, color, everything about it is horrible.

I mean no offense to anyone, but that is a horrible design.

Did I mention it was horrible.

That logo sucks, why is it pink? Stupid pink logo.

The race was so boring everyone is talking about a logo for 2012 Olympic games, a new low.

DOD? The whole field minus:

- DC for giving us another lesson on how not to overtake. You would think that after all this years he would have learned that but...

- KR for looking even more boring than the track itself and having an Albers moment.

- Nakajima. Would you think I am overreacting if I compared Nakajima's crash with Pearl Harbor? :P

The rest of the field, congrats for not falling asleep during the 57 laps long parade. Special mention goes for Nando, who is such a great driver that he knew what was coming and decided to call it a day. :whistling:

Precisely, another display of the appalling driving standards we have seen this year and drivers being too scared to overtake or challenge drivers ahead of them. We have seen overtaking in the past few years, but it has mostly been no quarters given on the edge stuff. Ovetaking in F1 ain't easy and the current bunch are too scared to try.

Frankly, the fact that Massa is probably the driver of the year tells us everything.

Next race is a drivers tarck, though the current cars do their best to hide it. Massa will not be great there, perhaps even behind Kimi. Lewis, if he can keep his mind on track will not be.

Is Fernando's display this year the worst we have seen from a young double world champion. Frankly, the best proof is Honda and Toyota are going for him, the kiss of death for any ex champion.

Let's do a poll to find out what the forum prefers... But then should that poll be multiple choice or not??? :P

;)

about the logo...

It looks disgusting....

Just like the Nintendo Wii..... But also remember, a bit part of the logo is also sales on mugs, shirts, cpas etc, Who in their right mind would want to be seen in THAT ???

indeed.

am I the first to spot your typo(s) though...

surely you meant "sales to mugs of s##ts, craps etc" - the only items suitable for branding with such an assault on the eyballs.

or were you just avoiding the blasphemy censor?

Precisely, another display of the appalling driving standards we have seen this year and drivers being too scared to overtake or challenge drivers ahead of them. We have seen overtaking in the past few years, but it has mostly been no quarters given on the edge stuff. Ovetaking in F1 ain't easy and the current bunch are too scared to try.

Frankly, the fact that Massa is probably the driver of the year tells us everything.

Next race is a drivers tarck, though the current cars do their best to hide it. Massa will not be great there, perhaps even behind Kimi. Lewis, if he can keep his mind on track will not be.

Is Fernando's display this year the worst we have seen from a young double world champion. Frankly, the best proof is Honda and Toyota are going for him, the kiss of death for any ex champion.

for all your pessimism you've got a point or 2 in there...purely rhetorical

I agree, something Like what BMW does with its cars. But, it does suck, common, I don't think you want to wear a t-shirt with a pink logo on it, even if they give it for free. I won't mind collecting it, but I am going to wear it over my clothes when I am making curries.

Chicken curry anyone?

Was Albers driving Raikkonen's car? Just joking, but was it Raikkonen's fault or the light?

speedtv showed a replay from the driver's perspective and it certainly looked like KR jumped the light to me. jumped it pretty bad - we never saw it turn green.

RE Logo

There must be something up with that logo. Has anyone cut apart the pieces outlined in yellow and tried to put the pieces back into some wonderful design that is just hiding in that abyss of ugliness

There has got to be something about it. No one would pick that as a logo without there being some catch. I mean seriously, as it stands it is probably the worst graphic design I have witnessed.

Maybe if you smoke some pot and cross your eyes it turns into a stunning 3D graphic that takes you to Stone Henge at sunrise, followed by the Union Jack emerging from a smokey background as a lightning bolt shoots out from Mt Olympus that burns year 2012 in the middle of the flag.

Did anyone see that????

True.

Indeed. Even if Alonso were racing on a donkey, he should be storming the field... hilarious.

The Alonso haters are the best thing on the F1 sidelines, you guys are priceless.

True.

Indeed. Even if Alonso were racing on a donkey, he should be storming the field... hilarious.

The Alonso haters are the best thing on the F1 sidelines, you guys are priceless.

Priceless, hilarious, smiling....you are a comedian's dream and a forum nightmare.

for all your pessimism you've got a point or 2 in there...purely rhetorical

Sorry I forgot to bash Kimi. Kimi is s##t, has been s##t and is utter s##t this year, funny that after two years and a world championship, the very reasons I didn't want him in Ferrari are coming to the fore.

There is a huge vacuum at the top in F1. A pyramid with the top chopped off. Lewis is still the closest along with Kubeetza.

Massa being s##t in Spa is no compliment to Kimi, I doubt if he will set the house on fire there.

As I have said bfore, this will be Massa's year.

How things have changed..

Of which you are one..I particularly found you comment about him driving a Renault, but dreaming of driving a ferrari an excellent piece of Alonso bashing.

Keep it up

Precisely, another display of the appalling driving standards we have seen this year and drivers being too scared to overtake or challenge drivers ahead of them. We have seen overtaking in the past few years, but it has mostly been no quarters given on the edge stuff. Overtaking in F1 ain't easy and the current bunch are too scared to try.

+1 agree

RE Logo

There must be something up with that logo. Has anyone cut apart the pieces outlined in yellow and tried to put the pieces back into some wonderful design that is just hiding in that abyss of ugliness

There has got to be something about it. No one would pick that as a logo without there being some catch. I mean seriously, as it stands it is probably the worst graphic design I have witnessed.

Maybe if you smoke some pot and cross your eyes it turns into a stunning 3D graphic that takes you to Stone Henge at sunrise, followed by the Union Jack emerging from a smokey background as a lightning bolt shoots out from Mt Olympus that burns year 2012 in the middle of the flag.

Did anyone see that????

HAHAHAHAHAH classic YHR :lol::lol:

Sorry I forgot to bash Kimi. Kimi is s##t, has been s##t and is utter s##t this year, funny that after two years and a world championship, the very reasons I didn't want him in Ferrari are coming to the fore.

There is a huge vacuum at the top in F1. A pyramid with the top chopped off. Lewis is still the closest along with Kubeetza.

Massa being s##t in Spa is no compliment to Kimi, I doubt if he will set the house on fire there.

For all your pessimism you make completely no sense at all....purely rhetorical <---------(which means you don't need to respond like you did with this post)....thank you

Agreed. Call Jacque Villenueve at 416 555 1212.

Call Micheal Schumacher at 01 3213 6789

Tell them ."The Raven has landed" They'll know what to do.

Seriously

Some of these comments amaze me. We finally have a championship contest, where driver inputs and errors are deciding who wins and loses. This is what a driving championship should look like. Guys are screwing up because they now have the ability to screw up, Technology took that away before.

Yes Massa is the class of the field. Get used to it. He is outperforming KR in equal equipment, a defending WDC, who some on here have claimed to be the fastest raw talent in the world, but does Massa get any credit, of course not. Instead it all turns to how crappy F1 has become because Massa is the class of the field. Now suddenly something is all wrong with F1. Kimi is a drunk and lost interest, yasa, yada, yada.

Lets look at a few facts

Massa performed very well and out qualified MS when they were team mates at Ferrari

Hamilton edged out Alonso in equal equipment last year, so we know how good he is

Alonso is still a great driver, but is making mistakes because he has to overdrive a car that is not quite at the level it needs to be. At least in today's F1 over driving a car can be done.

Kubica is damn good.

KR is a defending world champion

There is no vacuum or void. The talent is there.

Re Overtaking.

Looking at the whole season, I believe I have witnessed more passing for position this year then in any other season in the last 10 years. Yes there are a couple of parade tracks, it has always been that way.

Agreed. Call Jacque Villenueve at 416 555 1212.

Call Micheal Schumacher at 01 3213 6789

Tell them ."The Raven has landed" They'll know what to do.

Seriously

Some of these comments amaze me. We finally have a championship contest, where driver inputs and errors are deciding who wins and loses. This is what a driving championship should look like. Guys are screwing up because they now have the ability to screw up, Technology took that away before.

Yes Massa is the class of the field. Get used to it. He is outperforming KR in equal equipment, a defending WDC, who some on here have claimed to be the fastest raw talent in the world, but does Massa get any credit, of course not. Instead it all turns to how crappy F1 has become because Massa is the class of the field. Now suddenly something is all wrong with F1. Kimi is a drunk and lost interest, yasa, yada, yada.

Lets look at a few facts

Massa performed very well and out qualified MS when they were team mates at Ferrari

Hamilton edged out Alonso in equal equipment last year, so we know how good he is

Alonso is still a great driver, but is making mistakes because he has to overdrive a car that is not quite at the level it needs to be. At least in today's F1 over driving a car can be done.

Kubica is damn good.

KR is a defending world champion

There is no vacuum or void. The talent is there.

Re Overtaking.

Looking at the whole season, I believe I have witnessed more passing for position this year then in any other season in the last 10 years. Yes there are a couple of parade tracks, it has always been that way.

I agree with you 100%.

Weird.

I agree with you 100%.

Weird.

It's OK, Sometimes Murray and I agree too

Yes Massa is the class of the field. Massa is the class of the field.

Fail!

He has been the better driver in the last 2 races thats all.

I agree with the rest of your post