Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

Driver Of The Day

Who was the DOD this race??  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the DOD this race??

• Massa
    • Hamilton
    • Kubica
    • Kova
    • Trulli
    • Vettel
    • Glock
    • Roseberg
    • Other

Fail!

He has been the better driver in the last 2 races thats all.

I agree with the rest of your post

he just had a stronger engine than Hamilton otherwise i'de give it to Hamie....

Fail!

He has been the better driver in the last 2 races thats all.

I agree with the rest of your post

Not true

Massa has been the best racer in the majority of races this year. He has four wins doesn't he??? and on a couple of other occasions the Ferrari car or team has let him down. With robot like reliablity in the past from Ferrari and good race management Massa would be way out in front in this years WDC. It wouldn't even be close. The last two he has totally dominated the rest of the field.

I don't think it's fair to say Massa is the class of the field, for all I know Vettel is driving better, and Kubica is almost certainly driving better than anyone.

The Ferrari is the class of the field, when it doesn't break. Massa is a quick driver in a quick car, he's getting the job done. That doesn't make him the best.

Agreed. Call Jacque Villenueve at 416 555 1212.

Call Micheal Schumacher at 01 3213 6789

Tell them ."The Raven has landed" They'll know what to do.

Seriously

Some of these comments amaze me. We finally have a championship contest, where driver inputs and errors are deciding who wins and loses. This is what a driving championship should look like. Guys are screwing up because they now have the ability to screw up, Technology took that away before.

Yes Massa is the class of the field. Get used to it. He is outperforming KR in equal equipment, a defending WDC, who some on here have claimed to be the fastest raw talent in the world, but does Massa get any credit, of course not. Instead it all turns to how crappy F1 has become because Massa is the class of the field. Now suddenly something is all wrong with F1. Kimi is a drunk and lost interest, yasa, yada, yada.

Lets look at a few facts

Massa performed very well and out qualified MS when they were team mates at Ferrari

Hamilton edged out Alonso in equal equipment last year, so we know how good he is

Alonso is still a great driver, but is making mistakes because he has to overdrive a car that is not quite at the level it needs to be. At least in today's F1 over driving a car can be done.

Kubica is damn good.

KR is a defending world champion

There is no vacuum or void. The talent is there.

Re Overtaking.

Looking at the whole season, I believe I have witnessed more passing for position this year then in any other season in the last 10 years. Yes there are a couple of parade tracks, it has always been that way.

a lot of truth there.

to add to this, i have noticed something...

many here take the last race as indicative of the season. rarely is that actually the case. people seem to have memories no longer than the last GP. If it was exciting then the season has been "the most exciting for ages", if it was dull then "this is the dullest season i've ever seen". We've had a range of races this year. Some with plenty of passing, some without any, some with crashed, some with rain, etc etc etc.

What I appreciate is that the WDC is still in dispute. No one's run away with it and we're still looking at th rest of the season as being meaningful (rather than knowing who will win from Australia).

Now there's no pleasing some people...

If the season was to be dominated from the start by one driver they would complain about the lack of competition.

If the season is undecided until Brazil, the will complain about the lack of any quality driver winning consistently (as they are doing now).

I don't think it's fair to say Massa is the class of the field, for all I know Vettel is driving better, and Kubica is almost certainly driving better than anyone.

The Ferrari is the class of the field, when it doesn't break. Massa is a quick driver in a quick car, he's getting the job done. That doesn't make him the best.

:D Worked for Schumacher :D

No don't go off on me over this. I am just saying how unreasonable it is to qualify a drivers skill this way. MS was a great driver, but he too had the best team and equipment for the majority of the years he won the title.

IT won't surprise me to see FM make this season his from this point forward.

:D Worked for Schumacher :D

No don't go off on me over this. I am just saying how unreasonable it is to qualify a drivers skill this way. MS was a great driver, but he too had the best team and equipment for the majority of the years he won the title.

IT won't surprise me to see FM make this season his from this point forward.

I won't go off on you because I don't even like Schumacher, he was boring. But anyway I agree a fast driver in a fast car is what it takes, but my main problem with Massa is that I haven't seen him race anyone, I haven't seen him defend and I haven't seen him pull any kind of great overtaking manoeuvres (Hungary was 8/10 :lol: ). That's the difference between him and Schumi, Michael was a very fast great racer, whereas for me Massa is just a great qualifier who is able to put together great laps when he's at the front, but lacks that on track intelligence that true champions have.

I won't go off on you because I don't even like Schumacher, he was boring. But anyway I agree a fast driver in a fast car is what it takes, but my main problem with Massa is that I haven't seen him race anyone, I haven't seen him defend and I haven't seen him pull any kind of great overtaking manoeuvres (Hungary was 8/10 :lol: ). That's the difference between him and Schumi, Michael was a very fast great racer, whereas for me Massa is just a great qualifier who is able to put together great laps when he's at the front, but lacks that on track intelligence that true champions have.

Don't raise your voice too loud, you know lately Kimi not only hasn't overtaken anyone (pit-stops don't count) but has regularly lost a place at the start u_u'. I wish it would be his old self from back then when he overtook the whole field to get 2nd from 18th... So is he a true champion? XD

It's OK, Sometimes Murray and I agree too

:lol: Yeah. Gross, huh? And I agree with much of what you said too. Technology has contributed to the errors we've seen. I think there's no one in F1 that's yet at Schumi's level, and the 2 WDCs in the field aren't doing so well for different reasons, so driving standards are also contributing. Imho Hamilton, Kubica and Vettel show great promise. They've made mistakes but so does everyone at their stage. One thing I don't agree with is that Massa's been the class of the field. He's done a decent job in the best car.

a lot of truth there.

to add to this, i have noticed something...

many here take the last race as indicative of the season. rarely is that actually the case. people seem to have memories no longer than the last GP. If it was exciting then the season has been "the most exciting for ages", if it was dull then "this is the dullest season i've ever seen". We've had a range of races this year. Some with plenty of passing, some without any, some with crashed, some with rain, etc etc etc.

What I appreciate is that the WDC is still in dispute. No one's run away with it and we're still looking at th rest of the season as being meaningful (rather than knowing who will win from Australia).

Now there's no pleasing some people...

If the season was to be dominated from the start by one driver they would complain about the lack of competition.

If the season is undecided until Brazil, the will complain about the lack of any quality driver winning consistently (as they are doing now).

Yeah good post.

Don't raise your voice too loud, you know lately Kimi not only hasn't overtaken anyone (pit-stops don't count) but has regularly lost a place at the start u_u'. I wish it would be his old self from back then when he overtook the whole field to get 2nd from 18th... So is he a true champion? XD

That's true, but like everyone says, he ain't what he used to be at the moment. But like you say in the past he proved his racing skills, whereas my point is Massa really hasn't..yet.

Not true

Massa has been the best racer in the majority of races this year. He has four wins doesn't he??? and on a couple of other occasions the Ferrari car or team has let him down. With robot like reliablity in the past from Ferrari and good race management Massa would be way out in front in this years WDC. It wouldn't even be close. The last two he has totally dominated the rest of the field.

YHR, you are getting fanatical again..I thought those days were over with JV's retirement. To say Massa has been the best racer in most of the races is pure folly. If he was the best driver he would be leading the WDC by some distance...he is not!

If you are convinced of his greatness perhaps you would be so kind to prove it, with facts not just a feeling/hunch or belief.

YHR, you are getting fanatical again..I thought those days were over with JV's retirement. To say Massa has been the best racer in most of the races is pure folly. If he was the best driver he would be leading the WDC by some distance...he is not!

If you are convinced of his greatness perhaps you would be so kind to prove it, with facts not just a feeling/hunch or belief.

Actually I am not. Ferrari c#cked up two of Massa's races this year with horrible pit strategy(they came right out and apologized to FM) and then there was the Hungary race where FM came up with 0 because his engine blew up 3 laps from the finish . The points he would have earned from these races would have had him well out in front, and that in my mind places him in the class of the field.

THe last two races he has been head and shoulders above anyone else.

Hard to believe for some of you I know, but the facts are there to prove that FM has had an incredible season this year.

Actually I am not. Ferrari c#cked up two of Massa's races this year with horrible pit strategy(they came right out and apologized to FM) and then there was the Hungary race where FM came up with 0 because his engine blew up 3 laps from the finish . The points he would have earned from these races would have had him well out in front, and that in my mind places him in the class of the field.

THe last two races he has been head and shoulders above anyone else.

Hard to believe for some of you I know, but the facts are there to prove that FM has had an incredible season this year.

Massa is driving well. I think Fed Up's point is that everyone has ups and downs in a championship battle, Lewis has had a few himself, and they tend to work themselves out in the end.

Massa is driving well. I think Fed Up's point is that everyone has ups and downs in a championship battle, Lewis has had a few himself, and they tend to work themselves out in the end.

Of course that is right. I would be the first to admit I hope we don't have a whole bunch of wet races. :D

Of course that is right. I would be the first to admit I hope we don't have a whole bunch of wet races. :D

One or two more wet races would be enough. :D

I read yesterday that Lewis would be playing Alonso 2005 for the next couple of races.

So did I.