Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

Flatout: F1 In The 60s

Thanks DOF, really great stuff. In particular, Gurney, McLaren and Brabham were heroes of mine for the same reason mentioned in the film - the passion and skills needed to achieve what they did are truly remarkable. I bet if you asked one of today's guys to weld a Kart frame together he wouldn't know where to start ^_^

I disagree. It's about what old people think the young guys can and can't do as opposed to what they can and cannot do.

I know some of these current drivers had their father as the mechanic/engineer/designer and would have had to know stuff.

For all the talk of the old days none of those 60s drivers at their peak as young men would be able to last for more then 5 minutes in a modern Grand Prix car.

That said I belive the 60s to early 70s generation(s) was the best.

The 50s had too many aristocrat/rich gentlemen drivers witch could buy themselves a Maserati and go GP racing, while the mid 70s saw the appearance of the pay-as-you-go/rent-a-drivers in the hall-of-shame cars.

I disagree. It's about what old people think the young guys can and can't do as opposed to what they can and cannot do.

I know some of these current drivers had their father as the mechanic/engineer/designer and would have had to know stuff.

For all the talk of the old days none of those 60s drivers at their peak as young men would be able to last for more then 5 minutes in a modern Grand Prix car.

That said I belive the 60s to early 70s generation(s) was the best.

The 50s had too many aristocrat/rich gentlemen drivers witch could buy themselves a Maserati and go GP racing, while the mid 70s saw the appearance of the pay-as-you-go/rent-a-drivers in the hall-of-shame cars.

My point was that I thought it was pretty special to raise the finance and form a succesful company, design and build your own cars, then win races and championships in them. It wasn't to bleat on about how 'the good old days' were better (I'll others to do that eh?) or compare drivers from yesteryear - the comment about them building a Kart was tongue in cheek btw.

My point was that I thought it was pretty special to raise the finance and form a succesful company, design and build your own cars, then win races and championships in them. It wasn't to bleat on about how 'the good old days' were better (I'll others to do that eh?) or compare drivers from yesteryear - the comment about them building a Kart was tongue in cheek btw.

Agreed.

Dreams of flying. wow power leveling, Dreams of flying represent feelings of freedom that may result from an instance when you overcame a limitation or obstacle. Usually, children have more flying dreams than adults, Norris said, wow gold, because children are more open to their possibilities, and adults have often accepted limitations imposed by society.

Teeth falling out. Food in a dream is symbolic of knowledge because food nourishes the physical body and knowledge nourishes the soul. Teeth are a means to break down food or knowledge. wow gold, When your teeth fall out in a dream, it could signify that you feel ill-equipped to break down the knowledge that you have available, wow power leveling, that the way you break things down has changed. That change can be either positive or negative.

High school dreams. Either you