Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5P33D3V1L

Is Vettel The Real Deal?

Is Vettel the real deal?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is Vettel the real deal? (as in a future World Champion)

• Yes
    • No
    • Ill wait and see how he does next year.

I only started this topic to see what this forum thinks about him.

I mean after todays wonderful performance and his past races like Germany earlier in the year,

Im curious just to see how many people actually rate him highly.

I think you can guess my answer :P

Rated him since his debut test in Monza.

That boy has it all, I tell you, that boy has it all he does. He comes across as intelligent and charismatic yet at the same time he has wonderful driving flair and impressive racecraft, he also seems to be able to lead and motivate a team. More importantly he's young, very young. No I'm not in love with him, but he is good. One for the future.

If he can show Webber the way next year then he'll be set.

I think the jury is still out on him. He's clearly not rubbish, but it's hard to compare him with the best given we have no idea how good his team mate and car are. As George says, he comes across as smart and amiable, but I wonder whether he has the killer instinct of Lewis or MS. Perhaps he'll get more confident with experience.

I think the jury is still out on him. He's clearly not rubbish, but it's hard to compare him with the best given we have no idea how good his team mate and car are. As George says, he comes across as smart and amiable, but I wonder whether he has the killer instinct of Lewis or MS. Perhaps he'll get more confident with experience.

Yes. Good, young, promising... Wait.

I think with Vettel is that he's a nice enough chappie, people WANT him to do well.

I know I do, so I will put wait and see.

I think one of the best ways to see a driver and how he is, is in his native language giving interviews and those sort of things. I find that when non native English speaking drivers do English interviews something of their personality and being just cant be transmitted

the thing I noticed about Vettle when I was watching the races this summer of Britain, Germany, and Hungry on German TV he was totally different than when he gives English interviews. In German he is very quick witted, always good for a joke, often times self deprecating ones making fun of his own age and inexperience. He is also very modest but he knows he has skill. He also knows he still has a lot of things to learn. In that respect he is one of the most grounded guys I have seen in F1 in a long time. And I think what really shows is that he both incredibly enjoys racing but is also in awe of racing. He is very realistic of his chances and I think that shows he has what it takes to be a great driver.

No question about it.

Vettel is one of those few drivers that are demonstrating they are far better than their rides. It's a shame he won't get a top seat next season. He deserves it more than most... but deserving hasn't been the name of the game for a few years now.

I don't need to answer that, do I? :lol:

But I want to :lol:

Seb has this approach to F1 that impresses me, and not only his passion for racing, but he is definately more mature than a lot of the others (not only personally, but in racing specially). I like how he admits his mistakes and work over them, I think that's quite a quality, and recently has been winning me over Nick's (who has been going to stewards complain of anything that has 4 wheels and is on track ahead of him, right after showing them his middle finger).

Today was somehow special cus drivers were equal in terms of track knowledge, and you can say even if he did it on a STR, some other had done great on it before. But did they really do it as well as Vettel? Did they do it on their own merit? Did they impress at all? Whenever there's a hype over someone I tend to misbelief it, and yes, I confess at first I didn't like Seb, but he soonly proved me wrong. Maybe he'll prove some others wrong as well. That's why he's out there for.

But did they really do it as well as Vettel? Did they do it on their own merit? Did they impress at all?

Yo got a point there. Some teams have simulators, for example, that allows the drivers to train to exhaustion while other teams have paper models (at best) so that their drivers land on the tracks with nothing much in terms of experience.

Naturaly, simulators have other uses, like setup. Those teams that have simulators can make better use of their test drivers and, in the case of for example DLR, this means the application of a wealth of experience that otherwise would remain unavailable.

Yep, I believe Vettel is a future WDC. He has impressed in difficult driving conditions like the wet when many of the other factors, excluding the drivers and some others, are pretty much equal. He has had some good qualifying sessions this year and is clearly fast. Somehow the fact that he does not have a manager and is still being considered by many of the top teams also impresses me in a way.

He reminds me of Frentzen when he was at Sauber in 94/95. Very fast and able to draw some eyebrow raising performances when he could tap into a great set up. His inexperience, i suspect, is why he is unable to deliver punchy drives weekend in, weekend out.

Highly rated by Schumacher (who also knew that Alonso would be massive) he clearly has a great future. He now needs an experienced team to deliver him a consistent car.

Really looking forward to seeing him go up against Webber. Seb' may just get a little frustrated at coming to a team with essentially the same chassis, but a little less power and a tighter corporate line to follow. Newey isn't going to fullfill his promise it seems, so it's going to be up to Red Bull to keep recruiting and up to Seb' to motivate the team forward.

Vettel has a great chance of being a future World Champion! His performance at Valenica, despite being a boring race, was very good & maybe if Kubica goes to Ferrari next season, just maybe, then Vettel might get a drive @ BMW Sauber!

Whenever there's a hype over someone I tend to misbelief it, and yes, I confess at first I didn't like Seb, but he soonly proved me wrong. Maybe he'll prove some others wrong as well. That's why he's out there for.

I completely 100% agree with you here. He's a nice kid. And I hope he does extremely well.

Vettel, Rosberg and Sutil, talents waiting to explode, I don't think Sutil will be consistent though.
Unless most races are in the wet, particularly Monaco!

he will have his first true test next year sebastien Vettel and that is taming Mark Webber, if he can do that than i will be a fan of his then, also with that valencia result, he earned in on merit, like Timo Glock at Hungary, exciting times await in the future of formula one with, Hamilton, Kubica, Webber, Vettel, Glock Rosberg, Senna, Sutil, ready to step up and shake the formula one world to its core, I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

He's the most talented german driver on the line up. But to be a great driver he must cool down. He's hot blooded right now cause he's too young.

Anyway I'm looking forward to see him next year in RB next to Webber, cause he's very quick and will show what Vettel is really made of.

He's the most talented german driver on the line up. But to be a great driver he must cool down. He's hot blooded right now cause he's too young.

Anyway I'm looking forward to see him next year in RB next to Webber, cause he's very quick and will show what Vettel is really made of.

I call it 'RAW'!

yerp the flapper disk on a 5inch grinder surely will do the trick to cover the dodgey piece of fabrication....

he will have his first true test next year sebastien Vettel and that is taming Mark Webber, if he can do that than i will be a fan of his then, also with that valencia result, he earned in on merit, like Timo Glock at Hungary, exciting times await in the future of formula one with, Hamilton, Kubica, Webber, Vettel, Glock Rosberg, Senna, Sutil, ready to step up and shake the formula one world to its core, I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Really? of those 8 drivers only 4 have a really shot at being anything more then a good second driver to a team leader.

Webber? A solid yet uminpressive driver who has wasted too many years with low budget, end of the grid teams. Plus, hes already on the wrong side of 30.

Glock? He is inconsistent at best and already torpedoed his career. even if he were good enough to drive for one of the big teams he already messed up his CV

Senna? Seriously, if his last name wasn't Senna nobody would be talking about him. He is a consistent driver but nothing special, other then for PR no team would take him if they had a chance at some of the other GP2 drivers

Sutil? He is a good driver and will probably move up the ranks some day but I doubt he will ever make it out of the mid field

Really? of those 8 drivers only 4 have a really shot at being anything more then a good second driver to a team leader.

Webber? A solid yet uminpressive driver who has wasted too many years with low budget, end of the grid teams. Plus, hes already on the wrong side of 30.

Glock? He is inconsistent at best and already torpedoed his career. even if he were good enough to drive for one of the big teams he already messed up his CV

Senna? Seriously, if his last name wasn't Senna nobody would be talking about him. He is a consistent driver but nothing special, other then for PR no team would take him if they had a chance at some of the other GP2 drivers

Sutil? He is a good driver and will probably move up the ranks some day but I doubt he will ever make it out of the mid field

Indeed.

And to add: Rosberg - see description of Senna. Consistent, nothing special. Trading on his good looks and fathers fame.