Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5P33D3V1L

Is Vettel The Real Deal?

Is Vettel the real deal?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is Vettel the real deal? (as in a future World Champion)

• Yes
    • No
    • Ill wait and see how he does next year.

this thread is probably pointless now after monza...

Most of the answers will be yes now.

Im sooooo happpy :D :D The guy deserves it and im glad he's made up for the team after the Fuji race last year.

*finger crossed* Ferrari contract :)

Indeed.

So now he's a race winner, one of the next steps is to get himself in a team where he can challenge for a WDC. I think going to Red Bull may not be all bad. He needs more experience under his belt and beating Webber would give his career a boost.

Most definately.

I can see him winning a title in the next 3 seasons he is the most exciting talent ive seen in F1 since Schumacher.

Indeed.

So now he's a race winner, one of the next steps is to get himself in a team where he can challenge for a WDC. I think going to Red Bull may not be all bad. He needs more experience under his belt and beating Webber would give his career a boost.

It looks like he is going to have a slower car next year. How is that not going to be bad? As for getting the upper hand on Webber? Yes, fair enough, that would be a string to his bow, but is that really his agenda now? Mentally, he has already got the luckless Aussie beaten. He is campion material. He knows it. His sights will be set higher than just outgunning a decent pilot who's in the later afternoon of his career.

Theissen needs to buy him back. Quick.

Most definately.

I can see him winning a title in the next 3 seasons he is the most exciting talent ive seen in F1 since Schumacher.

I said that about Webber but he has had crap cars all his career. Seb' needs to be very careful.

It looks like he is going to have a slower car next year. How is that not going to be bad?

Because, as I have already said, I believe he needs more experience.

Another year in a crap(per) team with a better contract signed and I think he'd be much improved compared to if he just jumped into a great car next year. He'll have more time to make mistakes and learn from them.

He blew the rest of the field completely away (apart from Lewis) yesterday. His drive was absolutely flawless, and he drove like he'd been driving for years, whilst other more experienced drivers struggled on track. That surely says his experience levels are ripe for the picking, I just hope Red Bull give him the car to match his talent, and I feel sorry for Mark if that is the case...

He's a nice kid, his smile could light up a room and his enthusiasm could power our national grid for centuries. I hope he dominates to be honest...

He blew the rest of the field completely away (apart from Lewis) yesterday. His drive was absolutely flawless, and he drove like he'd been driving for years, whilst other more experienced drivers struggled on track. That surely says his experience levels are ripe for the picking, I just hope Red Bull give him the car to match his talent, and I feel sorry for Mark if that is the case...

He's a nice kid, his smile could light up a room and his enthusiasm could power our national grid for centuries. I hope he dominates to be honest...

I agree, F1 needs his type of character. Just to add to the variety. Lewis is the arrogant one, Kimi the "bad boy", Massa the quick but erratic Brazilian, Kubica the efficient Pole and Mark Webber the out spoken Oz. So i think Vettel would fit right in with his nice guy attitude and blindingly quick and consistant speed.

I hope he destroys Webber next season so he can get out of RBR as soon as (unless Newey designs a beauty and they get that Ferrari engine back).

I learned something very interesting yesterday.

on tuesday before the race, Vettel was in Kerpen, driving around Micheal's kart track with the sprinklers on with a kart that had slicks on it to practice driving in the wet. Michael used to do this same thing, all be it on a larger scale, where he would drive the Ferrari around Fiorano while the sprinklers were on

I learned something very interesting yesterday.

on tuesday before the race, Vettel was in Kerpen, driving around Micheal's kart track with the sprinklers on with a kart that had slicks on it to practice driving in the wet. Michael used to do this same thing, all be it on a larger scale, where he would drive the Ferrari around Fiorano while the sprinklers were on

Im sure Michael had a part to play in that. Sounds like he's really taken Vettel under his wing,

I do believe Vettel has bags of amazing talent. So its quite apporpriate that one of the best F1 drivers ever is mentoring him (unofficially ofcourse). IMO I believe Vettel has more talent that Hamilton and has the potential to be better. I mean their both fantastic in the wet... but ofcourse, not everyone will agree with me.

Because, as I have already said, I believe he needs more experience.

Another year in a crap(per) team with a better contract signed and I think he'd be much improved compared to if he just jumped into a great car next year. He'll have more time to make mistakes and learn from them.

I understand the philosophy but i agree with Girlracer's comment below; pole and then winning in atrocious conditions? That's two boxes ticked that many drivers never will. Already. The flipside argument is that driving for a worse team will p!ss on his fire.

Indeed.

Yes indeed+2, plus, he's buds with Kimi, so he scores more likeable points :D

Vettle, it's hard not to like the guy, but he should shave that little moustache he has... :D

I say this all the time but I find it amazing how open he is with the media. In the German media he is the new wonder child. He is raised up on their shoulders all the time, and everybody has nice things to say about him. But he is always very modest and he knows his place. He still plays ball with them though and you can always see just how much pure fun he has racing and being in F1.

for the german GP they had a segment where they took Vettel in a chopper around Hockenheim while he was explaining the track, the entire time he was in there talking he had this huge grin on his face and was mimicking the piloting of the chopper. then when the "lap" was done he asked if he could have another go just for fun. That, and he has a crack sense of humor, he kind of reminds me of a "say whats on your mind" DC and a kid in a candy store.

The should have never banned customer cars in the first place or the 1 car chassis building teams.
That's the 1 thing why Prodrive have a very slim chance of an F1 grid spot for 2009!

pole and then winning in atrocious conditions? That's two boxes ticked that many drivers never will.

But where have I doubted his talent in the wet?

It doesn't stop you making mistakes through inexperience though, look at Hamilton and his weather call in qualifying. I'm not saying he will make mistakes, but that a flawless drive in the wet doesn't necessarily mean you've tackled all the issues the wet may throw at you. Vettel is lucky in the sense he has had more weather affected races than most would have had at that point in their career, but that also means he's had less dry weather experience.

The flipside argument is that driving for a worse team will p!ss on his fire.

That's all well and good but like you say, it's one side to the argument; there are two sides.

However, if you believe in his talent and his readiness for a top team, then surely you have to concede he'd shine in a midfield team too?

Anyway, you don't have to agree with my point of view; as already determined there are two sides to the argument and it depends which one you subscribe to. I'm a huge Button and Webber fan, I've seen both Webber and Button miss opportunities or damage their reputations by signing on the dotted line too readily. I don't want Vettel to make that mistake and I believe he is clever enough to use next year to his advantage, beat Webber and see how much the teams have shuffled around with the changes.

I say this all the time but I find it amazing how open he is with the media. In the German media he is the new wonder child. He is raised up on their shoulders all the time, and everybody has nice things to say about him. But he is always very modest and he knows his place. He still plays ball with them though and you can always see just how much pure fun he has racing and being in F1.

for the german GP they had a segment where they took Vettel in a chopper around Hockenheim while he was explaining the track, the entire time he was in there talking he had this huge grin on his face and was mimicking the piloting of the chopper. then when the "lap" was done he asked if he could have another go just for fun. That, and he has a crack sense of humor, he kind of reminds me of a "say whats on your mind" DC and a kid in a candy store.

I think the words that spring to mind are "He sees no reason to add un-necessary pressure by mouthing off to the media about how great he is."

I hope he stays that way and doesn't let the success get to his head and inflate his ego. No other drivers mentioned lewishamilton. Sorry, my fingers developed a slight case of Tourettes then. ;)