Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zrated

Spa!

Phil Massa has been on a tear , tho one bad engine and he wood be number one in the points .

Phil Massa has been on a tear , tho one bad engine and he wood be number one in the points .

Have you started early on the beer Boily, actually, to think of it, it's morning your side....

Mr Furabio, I understand your confusion.... but please..... would you direct this problematic question to Ferrari themselves, because it's their team Principal that professed this exact statement of the car being oversteery and the fact that it does not suit Raikkonen's style....

I'll look up the source website for you meanwhile... Please get back to me as soon as you've addressed Ferrari with this question....

:lol:

Mr Furabio, I understand your confusion.... but please..... would you direct this problematic question to Ferrari themselves, because it's their team Principal that professed this exact statement of the car being oversteery and the fact that it does not suit Raikkonen's style....

I'll look up the source website for you meanwhile... Please get back to me as soon as you've addressed Ferrari with this question....

F2008 to suit Raikkonen better

Sun 13 Jan, 09:27 AM

Piero Lardi Ferrari says the Italian team's new car, the F2008, will be better suited to Kimi Raikkonen than was its predecessor.

Despite winning the 2007 world championship at the Interlagos season finale last October, Raikkonen struggled for much of the season following his switch from McLaren.

"He will have a car (this year) that better suits his driving style," Ferrari, the only living son of the Maranello based team's founder Enzo Ferrari, is quoted as saying by the Electric New Paper.

Ferrari, also a 10 percent owner of the famous marque, added: "That was the problem at one time last year: his style did not suit the F2007 and vice versa."

here is the source

F2008 to suit Raikkonen better

Sun 13 Jan, 09:27 AM

Piero Lardi Ferrari says the Italian team's new car, the F2008, will be better suited to Kimi Raikkonen than was its predecessor.

Despite winning the 2007 world championship at the Interlagos season finale last October, Raikkonen struggled for much of the season following his switch from McLaren.

"He will have a car (this year) that better suits his driving style," Ferrari, the only living son of the Maranello based team's founder Enzo Ferrari, is quoted as saying by the Electric New Paper.

Ferrari, also a 10 percent owner of the famous marque, added: "That was the problem at one time last year: his style did not suit the F2007 and vice versa."

here is the source

I have insisted you ask ferrari about the problem, not news from a website from almost a year ago.... thats a lifetime in F1 terms....

for your perusal.............

Domenicali is convinced, however, that Raikkonen will return to form.

"For me it doesn't represent a problem. He'll react, he'll soon be strong again, he knows how to keep away from criticisms and polemics," he added. The team boss said it was up to the team to give Raikkonen a car he feels comfortable with. "He isn't happy with the way the car enters corners. He would like it more aggressive, and this influences him.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70103

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_new...es_art_id=35765

Got to say it's a bit odd that the car is more to Massa's suitability than Kimi's - Kimi gets paid $$$, is a WDC and the team have had a whole season to design a car around his strengths .

On another note I've just seen an interview in which Michael referred to Felipe as his hero to win the WDC and mentioned Kimi as an after thought. It was very obvious from the interview that he is rooting specifically for Felipe.

Who cares!

Lewis for WDC

:D

Got to say it's a bit odd that the car is more to Massa's suitability than Kimi's - Kimi gets paid $$$, is a WDC and the team have had a whole season to design a car around his strengths .

On another note I've just seen an interview in which Michael referred to Felipe as his hero to win the WDC and mentioned Kimi as an after thought. It was very obvious from the interview that he is rooting specifically for Felipe.

Who cares!

Lewis for WDC

:D

Remember, Kimi's setup is very specific, it is actually difficult to drive. Mclaren was better adept at how Kimi liked his car to be.....Fernando certainly did'nt like it when he started his testing for Mclaren, PedroDeLaRosa thought that was Kimi's main problem and thus the reason why he struggled so much last year....

Yes Kimi is a less aggressive driver than Felipe (in his style of driving, not his racecraft). Massa's aggression works for qualifying because it means he can get more heat into the tyres, and the understeer doesn't bother him, whereas Kimi (like Heidfeld) is too smooth in comparison with his team-mate, and so struggles in quali but still manages a decent race pace (because after a few laps the heat is generated, unlike in quali). This is one explanation. Another is that Kimi has lost his mojo, that's what has been agreed in this thread and I think it really does cover everything :lol:

They are seriously thinking about playing the joker for Massa this race goferrarigo, I think they might replace his engine...

6 races to go...

If they use the joker this time... They still have 5 races to go, and no big brakes to work on it... And what about Kimi in Monza?? Hasn't Kimi used his joker??

I would believe the testing for this season is over???

Kimi's mojo is up for sale on ebay for a 'Buy It Now' of 'One WDC'. It's being sold by 'erraticBrazillian'.

I have insisted you ask ferrari about the problem, not news from a website from almost a year ago.... thats a lifetime in F1 terms....

for your perusal.............

Domenicali is convinced, however, that Raikkonen will return to form.

"For me it doesn't represent a problem. He'll react, he'll soon be strong again, he knows how to keep away from criticisms and polemics," he added. The team boss said it was up to the team to give Raikkonen a car he feels comfortable with. "He isn't happy with the way the car enters corners. He would like it more aggressive, and this influences him.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70103

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_new...es_art_id=35765

Lete me draw it for you: Ferrari designed F2008 to fit Raikkonen driving style (Explicit info in the piece of news i posted), and that was working well until june, when Mclaren improved Lewis

Lete me draw it for you: Ferrari designed F2008 to fit Raikkonen driving style (Explicit info in the piece of news i posted), and that was working well until june, when Mclaren improved Lewis

6 races to go...

If they use the joker this time... They still have 5 races to go, and no big brakes to work on it... And what about Kimi in Monza?? Hasn't Kimi used his joker??

I would believe the testing for this season is over???

good news goferrarigo :D

No engine 'joker' for Massa at Spa

Sep.5 (GMM) Ferrari has decided against using Felipe Massa's free engine 'joker' for this weekend's Belgian grand prix.

After winning in Valencia, the Brazilian driver said the Italian team should consider the option, given Ferrari's recent engine reliability problems.

The rules in 2008 allow each driver to make one unscheduled engine change without incurring the ordinary penalty.

But with his Budapest failure and teammate Kimi Raikkonen's Valencia problem apparently traced to a bad batch of conrods, Ferrari figures are now feeling more confident about their engine.

"We believe that we understand the problem we had, so I will not be changing my engine," said 27-year-old Massa, who began a new two-race cycle with his current engine in Spain two weeks ago.

"My engine of Valencia had a different conrod installation and so we are much more confident to be able to not repeat the problem," he explained in the Spa-Francorchamps paddock.

www.f1way.com

I was just reading some of Cav's finest moments and fell off my chair :lol:

yes, an ode to our dear friend Cav. :D

actually, thanks to our friend Wez, who's also a South African, he got the best out of ole Cav...