Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zrated

Spa!

The thing I don't get is why people say Monza will favor Merclaren. Monza is a complete horsepower test and Ferrari have proven to be the fastest in a strait line all year. In Valencia the top 5 fastest were Ferrari powered. Even Sutil got that brick of an aerodynamic car faster then the Meclarens.

Ah, stop being a miserable old sod. I'm sure we'll see some action this weekend [on the track].

:drool:

I have to choose my words carefully around these here parts. :lol:

Awww, I thought we were having a "moment" there for a minute.

Raikkonen defiant over poor form

World champion Kimi Raikkonen has rejected claims he lacks motivation in the face of a run of poor form that is threatening his title challenge.

The Finn has not won since April and has been outpaced by Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa in the last three races.

"If anyone doubts my motivation they can be sure of this: I want to win, now more than ever," Raikkonen said.

And he played down his poor form, claiming it was caused by mistakes in qualifying rather than a lack of pace.

Raikkonen has been behind Massa on the grid for the last three races in Germany, Hungary and the European event in Valencia last Sunday, and has subsequently been unable to make up lost ground in the race.

But he said: "The truth is in a couple of races (Hungary and Germany) I made some mistakes that relegated me to sixth place while in Valencia I missed out on third place by a hair's breadth."

His performances in recent races have been a poor return for Ferrari on his reputed $50m (

Well I hope Kimi beats Massa - I need someone taking points off him. I doubt it's going to happen though.

The thing I don't get is why people say Monza will favor Merclaren. Monza is a complete horsepower test and Ferrari have proven to be the fastest in a strait line all year. In Valencia the top 5 fastest were Ferrari powered. Even Sutil got that brick of an aerodynamic car faster then the Meclarens.

Maybe because they got a 1-2 last year?

Maybe because they got a 1-2 last year?

Indeed. Then again Mclaren got a 1-2 at Monaco last year, whereas this year it looked to suit Ferrari, something to with those magic dampers..

Indeed. Then again Mclaren got a 1-2 at Monaco last year, whereas this year it looked to suit Ferrari, something to with those magic dampers..

I think it will be closer this year. McLaren could still win but not as easy as they did last year.

as a redhead, i'm really pulling for ferrari

My nan, with her blue rinse, was always a Williams girl.

All that stuff about motivation = fantasy.

What, just because he says so?

If Kimi has qualifying issues but supposed good race pace, why don't they fuel him and allow him to let rip in a strong 'clean air' stint during a race?

Michael won Silverstone '04 by starting a fat sixth. No one could pass him but he destroyed them all mid race.

I haven't seen Ferrari try that.

What, just because he says so?

If Kimi has qualifying issues but supposed good race pace, why don't they fuel him and allow him to let rip in a strong 'clean air' stint during a race?

Michael won Silverstone '04 by starting a fat sixth. No one could pass him but he destroyed them all mid race.

I haven't seen Ferrari try that.

I think it's too easy for people to make a judgement on Raikkonen that he's demotivated, it's just a perception more than anything, probably because he's laid back and Finnish. Why would he suddenly become demotivated, it doesn't make sense to me. I admit that the qualifying problem also has a few holes in it, like why didn't he have this problem at the start of the year? To me both of them seem equally odd ideas, but I believe Raikkonen when he says it isn't his motivation. If it was his motivation he would be slow in the races too, he'd be spinning, he's not doing that, he's just slow in quali (slower than a very fast, usually lighter fuelled Massa).

All in all, I don't know. I think Ferrari should try and give Kimi the strategy that they always seem to give Massa.

I think it's too easy for people to make a judgement on Raikkonen that he's demotivated, it's just a perception more than anything, probably because he's laid back and Finnish. Why would he suddenly become demotivated, it doesn't make sense to me. I admit that the qualifying problem also has a few holes in it, like why didn't he have this problem at the start of the year? To me both of them seem equally odd ideas, but I believe Raikkonen when he says it isn't his motivation. If it was his motivation he would be slow in the races too, he'd be spinning, he's not doing that, he's just slow in quali (slower than a very fast, usually lighter fuelled Massa).

All in all, I don't know. I think Ferrari should try and give Kimi the strategy that they always seem to give Massa.

i doun't know, he racing not with the same passion and zeal he had earlier.....

And all this talk about Kimi moving is stupid, he has himself confirmed that Ferrari will be the last team he races for...

Also a Gadget/Widget to know when the next raace is: http://www.forceindiaf1.com/widgets.aspx

i doun't know, he racing not with the same passion and zeal he had earlier.....

And all this talk about Kimi moving is stupid, he has himself confirmed that Ferrari will be the last team he races for...

Also a Gadget/Widget to know when the next raace is: http://www.forceindiaf1.com/widgets.aspx

Yeah now that Ferrari have confirmed that he is staying for 2009, maybe it will ease his mind, since everyone was discussing Alonso replacing him. Maybe it was or still is just a lack of focus, not motivation, because of all the Alonso talk. So perhaps we will see Kimi do better at his favourite track Spa, I hope so anyway.

He spun in Australia. He spun at Silverstone. He has lost places at the start and he has had brain fade in pit stops. I take your point about Kimi not suddenly losing motivation but let's not suggest that all his faults have juat been qualifying. This is a driver operating fundamentally different form the past.

I do not make these points to appoint myself as some sort of 'anti-Raikkonen'; i want to see him pull himself out of this rut and return to his brilliant best. I think it's relevant to mention these things when trying to find a reason behind his lack of form.

He spun in Australia. He spun at Silverstone. He has lost places at the start and he has had brain fade in pit stops. I take your point about Kimi not suddenly losing motivation but let's not suggest that all his faults have juat been qualifying. This is a driver operating fundamentally different form the past.

I do not make these points to appoint myself as some sort of 'anti-Raikkonen'; i want to see him pull himself out of this rut and return to his brilliant best. I think it's relevant to mention these things when trying to find a reason behind his lack of form.

Fair enough, I hope the real KR returns soon too.

Fair enough, I hope the real KR returns soon too.

Well i hope Ferrari announcing him for '09 will have a stronger effect on him than a thousand words of support.

Well i hope Ferrari announcing him for '09 will have a stronger effect on him than a thousand words of support.

I think it will refocus him, if he wasn't focused already. Nothing however is going to make Massa a slower, worse qualifier, and then there's Louise, so he has a mountain to climb.

I think it will refocus him, if he wasn't focused already. Nothing however is going to make Massa a slower, worse qualifier, and then there's Louise, so he has a mountain to climb.

I have had beer. When i read that the first time i thought i saw a really random line in amongst a logical post that said 'and then there's Louise'.

I have had beer. When i read that the first time i thought i saw a really random line in amongst a logical post that said 'and then there's Louise'.

Have another beer. Or alternatively half a litre of vodka, everything makes sense after half a litre of vodka (hey now everyone knows why I'm a Kimi fan).

Have another beer. Or alternatively half a litre of vodka, everything makes sense after half a litre of vodka (hey now everyone knows why I'm a Kimi fan).

Pah!! No true fan of Kimi's would ever advocate a piffling half litre of vodka :lol:

Oh, just read one of your other posts, i get it now; Louise=Lewis. He's in competition with Kiwi and Phil Ippay.

Pah!! No true fan of Kimi's would ever advocate a piffling half litre of vodka :lol:

Maybe he should pour it in his fuel tank (or maybe Ferrari do, those straight line speeds......)

Oh, just read one of your other posts, i get it now; Louise=Lewis. He's in competition with Kiwi and Phil Ippay.

Maybe he should pour it in his fuel tank (or maybe Ferrari do, those straight line speeds......)

:lol: Yep that's it.