Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zrated

Spa!

I think it's too easy for people to make a judgement on Raikkonen that he's demotivated, it's just a perception more than anything, probably because he's laid back and Finnish. Why would he suddenly become demotivated, it doesn't make sense to me. I admit that the qualifying problem also has a few holes in it, like why didn't he have this problem at the start of the year? To me both of them seem equally odd ideas, but I believe Raikkonen when he says it isn't his motivation. If it was his motivation he would be slow in the races too, he'd be spinning, he's not doing that, he's just slow in quali (slower than a very fast, usually lighter fuelled Massa).

All in all, I don't know. I think Ferrari should try and give Kimi the strategy that they always seem to give Massa.

I read a post somewhere where it was debated that Kimi' s problems have coincided with the introduction of Bridgestone tyres and, recently, the banning of traction control. The argument is that perhaps kimi is not coping with the change as much as most would have expected him to.

I read a post somewhere where it was debated that Kimi' s problems have coincided with the introduction of Bridgestone tyres and, recently, the banning of traction control. The argument is that perhaps kimi is not coping with the change as much as most would have expected him to.

It's possible (even though I think it's unlikely with a driver like Raikkonen). The thing is though, we haven't had traction control all season and yet Kimi has had poles, wins and many fastest laps in previous races, so it wouldn't make much sense.

It's possible (even though I think it's unlikely with a driver like Raikkonen). The thing is though, we haven't had traction control all season and yet Kimi has had poles, wins and many fastest laps in previous races, so it wouldn't make much sense.

I suppose it's possible that some of the updates to the car have made the handling characteristics not to Kimi's liking. Am I right in thinking that Kimi likes an oversteering, 'pointy' car? I have no idea how Massa likes his car set up, but I suppose it's possible that the car has changed and it suits Massa more.

However, in all honesty, I wouldn't have though the underlying fundemental characteristics of the car would be changed too much by the updates they make throughout the year, unless they were designed to, but I would have thought it would be more tweaking than anything.

Sorry, just thinking out loud! :lol:

I suppose it's possible that some of the updates to the car have made the handling characteristics not to Kimi's liking. Am I right in thinking that Kimi likes an oversteering, 'pointy' car? I have no idea how Massa likes his car set up, but I suppose it's possible that the car has changed and it suits Massa more.

However, in all honesty, I wouldn't have though the underlying fundemental characteristics of the car would be changed too much by the updates they make throughout the year, unless they were designed to, but I would have thought it would be more tweaking than anything.

Yeah I totally agree. I don't really understand how the cars handling could have changed so much, the problem is that since I can't believe that the cars handling has changed so much, that points to the driver changing, and I just don't buy this 'Kimi is demotivated' bollocks either.

Yeah I totally agree. I don't really understand how the cars handling could have changed so much, the problem is that since I can't believe that the cars handling has changed so much, that points to the driver changing, and I just don't buy this 'Kimi is demotivated' bollocks either.

Well, eliminate the impossible and you are left with the truth, however improbable. Fortunately, we can't eliminate anything, so I can keep talking bollocks! :lol:

I don't buy the demotivated bollocks either. Nor do I buy into Kimi losing focus because of all the talk about Alonso joining, personally I think Kimi would be too busy taking a sh!t. I'm just going with the theory that he's lost his mojo temporarily, it's as good as any :whistling:

Well, eliminate the impossible and you are left with the truth, however improbable. Fortunately, we can't eliminate anything, so I can keep talking bollocks! :lol:

I don't buy the demotivated bollocks either. Nor do I buy into Kimi losing focus because of all the talk about Alonso joining, personally I think Kimi would be too busy taking a sh!t. I'm just going with the theory that he's lost his mojo temporarily, it's as good as any :whistling:

:lol: Sounds good to me!

Yep.

Yep.

Yep.

So, in conclusion, looking at all the evidence and exploring all possibilities, we know f*ck all.

So, in conclusion, looking at all the evidence and exploring all possibilities, we know f*ck all.

:lol:

Yep. Pretty much.

Basically, George and I have both agreed that Kimi has lost his mojo, so from now on this will the the correct and factual response to any such questions arising about Kimi's current lack of form.

Yep. Pretty much.

Basically, George and I have both agreed that Kimi has lost his mojo, so from now on this will the the correct and factual response to any such questions arising about Kimi's current lack of form.

:lol: Yes that's the err..official line from now on.

I bet after his recent form his spirits and beers are quite low.

I suppose it's possible that some of the updates to the car have made the handling characteristics not to Kimi's liking. Am I right in thinking that Kimi likes an oversteering, 'pointy' car?

deadly correct, apparently Kimi does'nt like the way the car enters corners, with it's understeery effects....

deadly correct, apparently Kimi does'nt like the way the car enters corners, with it's understeery effects....

Oh come on Brad, get with it, George and I have already decided that the 'official' line is that Kimi has lost his mojo. Now before you say anything, this 'official' line serves 2 purposes.

Firstly, there's just no answer to it. It's imposssible to prove that Kimi hasn't lost his mojo. In fact who the bollocking hell would know what Kimi's mojo is/was in the first place???

Secondly and most importantly, George has emailed Kimi to request him to perform a little musical number when he next wins a race. Basically, what's going to happen is that Kimi is going to jump out the car in parc ferme, there will be a big bang and lots of smoke. The next thing we will see is Kimi appearing through the smoke, wearing lycra and with guitar in hand. He'll perform a little solo, then start mumbling singing Muddy Water's 'Got my mojo working'. When he gets to the chorus he'll mumble slightly louder shout 'GOT MY MOJO WORKING' at which point Luca di Unpronouncible and Stefano Dominiwhatsit's faces will appear either side of him and repeat 'MOJO WORKING'.

Now, who wouldn't want to see that??? The only thing is, I hope this happens before the end of the season :whistling::lol:

Oh come on Brad, get with it, George and I have already decided that the 'official' line is that Kimi has lost his mojo. Now before you say anything, this 'official' line serves 2 purposes.

Firstly, there's just no answer to it. It's imposssible to prove that Kimi hasn't lost his mojo. In fact who the bollocking hell would know what Kimi's mojo is/was in the first place???

Secondly and most importantly, George has emailed Kimi to request him to perform a little musical number when he next wins a race. Basically, what's going to happen is that Kimi is going to jump out the car in parc ferme, there will be a big bang and lots of smoke. The next thing we will see is Kimi appearing through the smoke, wearing lycra and with guitar in hand. He'll perform a little solo, then start mumbling singing Muddy Water's 'Got my mojo working'. When he gets to the chorus he'll mumble slightly louder shout 'GOT MY MOJO WORKING' at which point Luca di Unpronouncible and Stefano Dominiwhatsit's faces will appear either side of him and repeat 'MOJO WORKING'.

Now, who wouldn't want to see that??? The only thing is, I hope this happens before the end of the season :whistling::lol:

So if I get it right... Dribs has it right with this line....So, in conclusion, looking at all the evidence and exploring all possibilities, we know f*ck all.

So if I get it right... Dribs has it right with this line....So, in conclusion, looking at all the evidence and exploring all possibilities, we know f*ck all.

Yep, pretty much :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I found this quite .....strange...

"Ascribing emotions to Kimi Raikkonen is impossible because he doesn

I just think that Kimi was thinking "Ha! it's that pr!ck form ITV again with his amazingly intelligent questioning technique".

Yes :lol:

I especially like the 'Ascribing emotions to Kimi Raikkonen is impossible because he doesn

Yes :lol:

I especially like the 'Ascribing emotions to Kimi Raikkonen is impossible because he doesn

As Spa gets closer, I am beginning to think more and more that this is Kimi's last saloon.

It's a track he's usually good on so if he gets done this weekend then I think its goodnight from him as far as the WDC is concerned.