Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spike

The Current Formula One Driver Market

I was tempted to paste the info directly here but since im only supposed to post link to other sites here it is. Its a team by team breakdown of the potential drivers for each of the teams next year. Looks like we might even have some new GP2 talent making their way up the ladder :)

"Kimi is a fierce competitor, a highly talented racing driver and I wouldn't levy any criticism at him at all," Dennis said.

With this quote Ron paves the way for Kimi back to Paragon, he will have a seat there for two yrs easy, aslong as he can remain -.5 sec from Lewis.

Raikkonen will benefit from an English speaking team.

Italian speaking latin drivers needed at Ferrari, Now. They must perform!

Not to worry, Lewis will keep everyone honest. Mclaren must keep building a top ride.

G'day Sliderule. We haven't spoken before, but I can see you're a long time member. You should visit more often. People around here are complaining that the oldies never visit anymore!

I was tempted to paste the info directly here but since im only supposed to post link to other sites here it is. Its a team by team breakdown of the potential drivers for each of the teams next year. Looks like we might even have some new GP2 talent making their way up the ladder :)

That article looks about right. I don't see more than 2 new drivers coming in.

"Kimi is a fierce competitor, a highly talented racing driver and I wouldn't levy any criticism at him at all," Dennis said.

With this quote Ron paves the way for Kimi back to Paragon, he will have a seat there for two yrs easy, aslong as he can remain -.5 sec from Lewis.

Not to worry, Lewis will keep everyone honest. Mclaren must keep building a top ride.

You mean Eastern European italian speaking drivers, dont you??

RD simply doesn't want Ferrari to back one driver. Having a one-driver team, like McLaren, gives you a clear edge.

Kimi will not go the cursed second seat at McLaren and neither will any driver with a shot at anything.

You mean Eastern European italian speaking drivers, dont you??

Both Kubica and Alonso speak italian but I don't know who is more latin. :P

F1 taught me that it really doesnt matter who goes to a Ferrari seat for '09 assuming there is one. But who ever goes better go in and dominate and Rakonnen has failed at that. I dont think Kimi is done but he need a team he can flow more with and I must think he might have a bit of a language barrier that would make things easier in an anglo team. While any fluent Italian speaking driver yes like both Kub and Alo could very well do.

As stated in other threads, KR and FM are staying at Ferrari for next year. I think it's probably the right way to go for 2009.

Both Kubica and Alonso speak italian but I don't know who is more latin. :P

Yeah, but only one of them is of the Eastern European origin, although I really like Alonso temperament (and, apparently, does Kubica). I really don't think there would be trouble if these two are teammates.

Yeah, but only one of them is of the Eastern European origin, although I really like Alonso temperament (and, apparently, does Kubica). I really don't think there would be trouble if these two are teammates.

Indeed. Aside from those two being professionals, if you look around, there are no teammate problems to speak of anywhere. Sure, some guys don't get a long, but that's about it.

I know how many around here don't want to hear this and how they'll flip out... but you guys have to soomer or later put things into perspective. Hamilton flipped out last year and, really, this is both unusual and somewhat "understandable" (since he was a rookie). The inexplicable thing was that RD encouraged this behavior instead of putting the guy in his place. Well, both paid for it dearly.

Fernando and Kimi never got over not being able to race Michael anymore. :lol:

Not really. MS's one-man team has been replaced by Hamilton's one-man team. Only a jackarse cannot see that this makes it a lot easier for other drivers... as well as a lot worse for the fans.

Yep. It's been confirmed. Ferrari keeps the lineup.

http://www.f1way.com/news/2008/august/29/r...rivers-for-2009

If BMW convinces Alonso, Ferrari will have reason to regret this decision...

Alonso i think will not be able to manage the new crew, especially after the Mclaren crew will be talking about him as well...

I think for Alonso he should stick it out at Reno, that the only place he has been comfortable in ....

Not really. MS's one-man team has been replaced by Hamilton's one-man team. Only a jackarse cannot see that this makes it a lot easier for other drivers... as well as a lot worse for the fans.

Only a jackarse would persist with the idiotic notion that a rookie was handed preferrential treatment over a double world champion, appointed to lead the team and teach Hamilton his craft. If i have confused you, i apologise. I'm calling you a jackarse, just so we're clear.

Did Fernando and Ron have a secret liason that the world has not been privvy to? Is this why things went sour?

No, come on. Did Fernando stick his c#ck up Ron? Did Ron not like it and re-map his engine for less torque? is that your f*cking claim? Why in God's f*cking name would Ron Dennis complicate his organisation and go against everything that McLaren stands for by supporting Lewis over Fernando? I'm sick of this fanboy f*cking paranoia that a minority of c#ck sucking f*ckers cling to like dying wasps in a jar of sugar water.

Yeah, go f*cking smile, laugh, cry, kiss my arse, whatever.

Furthermore, Ferrari backing Michael and him taking five straight driver's championships made it easier for other drivers? What f*cking colour is the sky on your planet?

Thats a rant and a half. Remind me to stay on your good side.

And Kettering's produce is cow s##t. Literally! :lol:

Only a jackarse would persist with the idiotic notion that a rookie was handed preferrential treatment over a double world champion, appointed to lead the team and teach Hamilton his craft. If i have confused you, i apologise. I'm calling you a jackarse, just so we're clear.

Did Fernando and Ron have a secret liason that the world has not been privvy to? Is this why things went sour?

No, come on. Did Fernando stick his c#ck up Ron? Did Ron not like it and re-map his engine for less torque? is that your f*cking claim? Why in God's f*cking name would Ron Dennis complicate his organisation and go against everything that McLaren stands for by supporting Lewis over Fernando? I'm sick of this fanboy f*cking paranoia that a minority of c#ck sucking f*ckers cling to like dying wasps in a jar of sugar water.

Yeah, go f*cking smile, laugh, cry, kiss my arse, whatever.

Furthermore, Ferrari backing Michael and him taking five straight driver's championships made it easier for other drivers? What f*cking colour is the sky on your planet?

:lol: Man what happened Steve, your generally quite controlled.... Hope everythings going allright mate :unsure: