Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

Can-am

a short video:

http://www.canamfilm.com/

hope to get it.

Those who don't know what Can-Am was, it was the best thing since 1930s Grand Prix racing = the fastest, most powerfull and most advanced racing cars in the world.

Back then F1 was just the 4th fiddle (yep not even on the podium) to the Group 7 and 8 cars from Can-Am/Interseries and Le Mans.

Can-Am carried forward the true legacy of 1930s Grand Prix racing, meaning basically no limits .

a short video:

http://www.canamfilm.com/

hope to get it.

Those who don't know what Can-Am was, it was the best thing since 1930s Grand Prix racing = the fastest, most powerfull and most advanced racing cars in the world.

Back then F1 was just the 4th fiddle (yep not even on the podium) to the Group 7 and 8 cars from Can-Am/Interseries and Le Mans.

Can-Am carried forward the true legacy of 1930s Grand Prix racing, meaning basically no limits .

Same here, I'll be after a copy too, thanks for the heads up.

We had a McLaren M8c (Canam Mac, not sure of the number) in the workshop when I was an apprentice and at that time I was torn between the now-becoming-delicate F1 cars and the raging monsters in CanAm - the diversity of development and innovation in CanAm was mind blowing......... movable wings, fan-cars, sliding skirts (on the women too) and... Oh dear, I'm sounding like you DOF :P

A series dominated by two kiwi blokes, whom threw together a few nuts and bolts better than anyone, up till an unfortunate testing day at Goodwood. Then along came the Porsche and it just was too fast, too powerful, too everything and it killed the series. Kinda uncanny how that parallels the late '90's dominance of the team the bears the kiwi's name, and that other german that in the 00's almost killed F1 by being too dominant. Proves that you need multiple winners and uncertainty in racing.

Bloody nice cars, but, them Can-Ams. There is going to be another big revival of them at Teretonga this NZ summer....supposedly up to 80% of the still racing cars are heading downunder.