Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Furabio

A Little Taste

F12009_by_Marcos_Smirkoff.jpg

Thanks Furabio. It looks interesting. I'm looking forward to the big changes. Can't wait for the first unveilings to commence!

Thanks Furabio. It looks interesting. I'm looking forward to the big changes. Can't wait for the first unveilings to commence!

Yeah i am waiting for that meeting too... They will decide on the Indian Motorsport governing body in that meeting too...

Interested to see if the rules make any big difference to the pecking order.

I suspect not.

I'm hoping the rule changes shuffles things up a bit. It'd be healthy for the sport if it did. I'd like to see Williams competitive again. :)

There's only 2 o3 proper pictures of this car on the wohle internet.

Here:

11111492.jpg

11111491.jpg

What is it DOF? What racing series is it for?

From the pix shown it looks as tho the "Zero" keel will be lost and Indy cars are coming to F1 .

the regulations make the front wing bigger and the rear wing smaller, the front wing will acutally produce more DF then it does this year, so in the end all we get are ridiculously oversteery cars that are nervous under braking. Hmm... where have we seen that problem before? Ok, true the regulations did change something, the cars are going to be oversteering into corners not understeering.

Also, I read a great article in Racecar Engineering or some magazine like that and it pointed out that the FIA did not restrict winglets and such inside or over the nose cone, so things like BMW's cowboy horns and Ferrari's nose cone thingymagig are still legal

also, barge boards have not been removed, or have the shield things next to the side pods. the only real things removed are the viking horns, chimneys, flip ups andthose things the teams have like ferrari does the things on the side between the tyres and the side pods that the mechanics put tennis balls on so they dont get cut

the regulations make the front wing bigger and the rear wing smaller, the front wing will acutally produce more DF then it does this year, so in the end all we get are ridiculously oversteery cars that are nervous under braking. Hmm... where have we seen that problem before? Ok, true the regulations did change something, the cars are going to be oversteering into corners not understeering.

Also, I read a great article in Racecar Engineering or some magazine like that and it pointed out that the FIA did not restrict winglets and such inside or over the nose cone, so things like BMW's cowboy horns and Ferrari's nose cone thingymagig are still legal

also, barge boards have not been removed, or have the shield things next to the side pods. the only real things removed are the viking horns, chimneys, flip ups andthose things the teams have like ferrari does the things on the side between the tyres and the side pods that the mechanics put tennis balls on so they dont get cut

Well the cars today get understeer at high speeds (downforce mode) and oversteer at low speeds (mechanical mode).

The late 80s/early 90s where understeer at low speeds (due to big fat rear slicks and wide track) and neutral/oversteer at high speeds.

I suppose the wing may look better on a 2009 car.

I hope you're right. It looks like a remote controled toy at the moment!

110246.jpg

It lacks active suspensions, movable wings, active differentials, 4 wheels steering, TC-LC, ABS, electro-magnetic valves, the V10 layout, turbos, KERS, a small electric engine or 2, beryllium calipers, weight jackers.