Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Cost Of Going To An F1 Event

I was thinking of going to Singapore for the first ever night race. Checked out the flights/accomodation etc, all marginally reasonable, but they never included the track tickets. So check out what track tickets are available. I can get a ticket on turn A or B, not grandstand, just standing on whatever is there, maybe just grass, for $1155 us for the Sunday race only!!

Like who in their right mind would pay this sort of over charged price to only view a CORNER of the race track. No doubt they would have a big screen up but hell for that money I could buy a big screen for my own home and watch ALL of the race, not just one corner.

I was thinking of going to Singapore for the first ever night race. Checked out the flights/accomodation etc, all marginally reasonable, but they never included the track tickets. So check out what track tickets are available. I can get a ticket on turn A or B, not grandstand, just standing on whatever is there, maybe just grass, for $1155 us for the Sunday race only!!

Like who in their right mind would pay this sort of over charged price to only view a CORNER of the race track. No doubt they would have a big screen up but hell for that money I could buy a big screen for my own home and watch ALL of the race, not just one corner.

Ok, so it's a night race and you can only see 1 corner and they want to charge you $1155, hmmmmm. So, it's like women's lingerie isn't it - the less there is, the more you pay and either way, you're getting shafted :lol:

Yep. The price is high and, in terms of seeing the race, TV coverage plus live timing is much much better. Crowds in certain places are also a huge pain.

There are really only two real reasons to go to a GP:

1. You've never done it. If this is the case, I rdefinitely recommend you go. It's a great experience, no doubt about it.

2. You've got whatever comes closer to Ecclestone's pass.

Yep. The price is high and, in terms of seeing the race, TV coverage plus live timing is much much better. Crowds in certain places are also a huge pain.

There are really only two real reasons to go to a GP:

1. You've never done it. If this is the case, I rdefinitely recommend you go. It's a great experience, no doubt about it.

2. You've got whatever comes closer to Ecclestone's pass.

Indeed it's woth going to a GP, but perhaps one of the cheaper ones..because that price is totally ridiculous, and they wonder why the grandstands are empty.

The irony tickles me. Guys and gals like us who know and love the sport are seldom able to afford such ludicrous charges. I would guess that the people who can afford them do not share our passion.

A bit like a twat in a road Ferrari who doesn't know how to drive it and knows nothing of its pedigree.

Such is life.

The only justification is to keep F1 exclusive and therefore desirable, i suppose.

Too right, Mr Dribbler.

I know this is a bit O/T, but I watched a programme on retro F1 the other night, was on the 1972 championship. It was

Spa for me every time. It's the only race I've been to that I'd go back to again and again.

Not too unreasonable from the UK either.

My friend got free passes from a friend for Singapore... Lucky b#####d....

I'm waiting for the Indian GP, that should have a bit more reasonable prices...

That is a joke, wow $1155US for race day. No way would I pay that. Get up to Melbourne Rodders a top seat in the Grandstand for all four days will set you back $640.00AUS. Much better value.

yeah I did think US$1155 for ONE day was a bit expensive :-( but the cost for a 3 day grandstand ticket was advertised at US$6250 or there abouts ????? Oh and none are available ?

I have been to many f1 races when I lived in the UK. I did get free air travel thanks to the company I worked for but back in the late 80's early 90's the MOST I paid for a 4 day pass was about UKpound 500

I guess Bernie thinks that F1 is for ONLY the rich that will pay whatever , Just To Be Seen at the track, bugger the enthuiasts who probably are like me just the meodicre worker on a small salary.

But in reality I can watch it on "Free to Air Tv" for zilch and see a whole lot more then if I was at the track, and enjoy a beer that I bought for maybe a tenth the price they charge at these venues, and cook up a barbie as well AND record it, so that if it was a good race I can watch it again LOL you cant do that in the grandstands :-)

Went to see the last GP race in the USA and the cost for tickets was 300 bucks for two seats at the top of the Penthouse grandstand , our backs were to walkway behind us and no big heads in the front , tho we had to sit with people form every nation represented in the race , it was a blast !!!!!!1 , well except the hillbillies from WV who were drunk .

Seems the USA race was one of the few affordable races , maybe why Tony George lost so much money .

One question what if it rains , will driving lights be required , driving at night is a PITA and add to that rain , these guys will be earning all the cash they get .

One question what if it rains , will driving lights be required , driving at night is a PITA and add to that rain , these guys will be earning all the cash they get .

Well, if the F1 race is going to be similar to the set up for the MotoGP night race earlier in the season, then it will be very well lit all round the circuit. So even if it was raining, I don't think lights would be required on the cars. Reflections may be a bit of a pain, though :lol: