Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5P33D3V1L

Im Interested In Attending A Gp But...

...Im not sure how much its going to cost me. Im an 18-year-old student in his second year of college and Im low on the monies but Im willing to save up for a race next year.

Im hoping to attend Belgium Spa next year :D

But Im not sure how much the average price for a ticket is and travelling costs and hotel prices. Im basically a n00b with attending to F1 gps but Id love to go to one soon! So any help would be invaluable to me.

I live in the UK.

So any past good/bad experiences, hints and tips and good seating/standing at the Spa track would of be useful too.

At races I have attended, I find I get most enjoyment from sitting on the pit straight.

Take yourself a radio and sit within sight of a big screen.

I always thought sitting at the corner would be better since you actually get to see the cars as they brake....

What I did the first time I went to a GP was book a complete package consisting of Flights, tickets, transfers, and accomodation. You do pay a little more but atleast it removes some of the unknowns with going to a GP for the first time. After you have done a GP then you can organise it all yourself for the following years GP :D

I have heard not sure how reliable the source is but, accomodation near the track at Spa is quite limited.

Yup. I've done that too and it worked well. Personally I think attending the GPs is over-rated and over-priced, but it's up to you of course.

DO NOT GO TO SPA, THE PLACE IS A DUMP! We forked out a small fortune to watch a race there and it was very disappointing. Poor facilities, litter everywhere! Loudspeakers not working! Poor views for you money 5 hour wait to get out of spa! Missed tunnel crossing...it was hellish!

From experience I'd recommend the Nurburgring/Silverstone/Hockenheim

DO NOT GO TO SPA, THE PLACE IS A DUMP! We forked out a small fortune to watch a race there and it was very disappointing. Poor facilities, litter everywhere! Loudspeakers not working! Poor views for you money 5 hour wait to get out of spa! Missed tunnel crossing...it was hellish!

From experience I'd recommend the Nurburgring/Silverstone/Hockenheim

Not to mention the German Shepards the Military use to move on photographers a couple of years back!!!

I found it quite amusing watching TV coverage at Spa that punters seemed to be in the merchandise section even during the Grand Prix.

Why.

I think every GP is the same. I know in Melbourne the bars are full during all the practice sessions and during the GP itself!!!!

I went to Barcelona this year and some years ago to Monza.But I guess you prefer to go closer to the UK,especially f you don't have much money.The atmosphere in Monza is something worth seeing(well I went there in the Schumi days) but Barcelona is cheaper.