Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Belgium Gp - Spa-francorchamps

Yeah but I think he was just lucky to be there. It was never going to last, and I doubt Kubica himself will be surprised not to be in the hunt any more. He drove very well for the 1st half of the year and I'm sure he'll be closer next year.

On other matters, I'm surprised there's so much whining going on about Kimi and Lewis. I thought it was great stuff. Would that every race were like that.

Same.

Yes, rains equals sloppy (Can we call you "Sloppymaster" from now on? :whistling: ) but they added more sloppiness to the mix by cutting the chicanes, trying to ram each other off the line, etc. At least that was my impression. I want to watch those last laps again.

:lol:

Yeah I'll have to watch those last laps again, and then decide whether Lewis lives or dies gets a penalty or not for being nasty to Kimi.

Results official.

Massa wins, Hamilton third.

Are you sure.!!!!!!!

As per British media, yes.

:D Oh, Like that source is ever any good. :D

Stirling Moss said it best - 'one is either a racing driver, or one is not'.

Personally, I thought that was a breathtaking finish to a really good race. I don't agree that Kimi and Lewis were reckless, if they were, then I think at least Rosberg would have been in hospital now. I'm just so disappointed that Kimi went off, for so many reasons.

So the Points Tally Change:

Hamilton:76

Massa: 74

Kubica: 58

Kimi: 57

Nick: 49

:D:D:D:lol::lol::D:D:D

Still a two way battle me thinks.

Yup i think so, But 19 points with 5 races to go is achievable... But unlikely. I doubt though Ferrari will support only Massa....

They may still leave a decision till after Monza as it could cause uproar if they don't.

Last year Massa only started supporting Kimi after there was no Mathematical chance of him winning the cup, i would think Kimi will do the same... That would require atleast 2 more races...

Yeah but I think he was just lucky to be there. It was never going to last, and I doubt Kubica himself will be surprised not to be in the hunt any more. He drove very well for the 1st half of the year and I'm sure he'll be closer next year.

On other matters, I'm surprised there's so much whining going on about Kimi and Lewis. I thought it was great stuff. Would that every race were like that.

It may appear as lucky but don't be so sure.

I think they we're just better overall. Pure speed isn't everything after all.

But they've got what they wanted from this year after all - PP, P1 and fastest lap and then they backed off a bit and settle for third. I think if Heidfeld wasn't struggling that much and they would have more points as a team at that moment they would push more.

Yeah look in the DOD thread and the SPA threads, you will find both opinions on this and atleast 2 pages given just to discuss this...

It was a shame that kimi crashed after driving so well for the entire race.

I was heart broken after seeing this , he could have been up there for contention for the title.

Now its too hard unless Massa & Mclaren start retiring.

Next race we might see a number of Engine Blow ups.

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/10092/900/

He received a 25 seconds penalty which places him 3rd.

Well It was surely an advantage for Hamilton when he took the short cut and later overtook KIMI.

I am sure 75 % of you will say this is harsh.

As much as I am for fairness, if i recall, Mr Hamilton let Mr Raikenon past and a full car lenght in front, before lining up his next over take. Now, what exactly did Hamilton do wrong? Someone please justify the penalty? I understand if you gain a position by leaving the track you must then seed the position back to your rival. This was done. That Raikenon then couldn't make his newly recovered lead stick is his problem alone. Besides did he then not park the car in a crash barrier? following a spin on track? I am baffled and m beginning to join the masses in claiming the FIA is the Ferrari Interests Agency?

Discuss.

It's not the end of the title run for Raikkonen. It was worse last year after all.

I'm afraid they might give some more pentailies as Alonso, Heidfeld, Kubica and Vettel were under investigation too.

Popular comments so far...........

1. Lewis was offline/didn't have the racing line

2. Kimi pushed him offline/wide

3. They touched/rammed each other

4. Lewis gained momentum through the move

5. It wasn't legal

6. Lewis didn't have to do it

7. Bring back the gravel trap

I thought most people were under the impression overtaking was dead and races are boring ffs?

1. Lewis was alongside on entry to the chicane, on the outside into a right hander. That is the racing line.

2. Kimi probably did squeze Lewis, Hamster would probably have done the same. It's also possible that Kimi didn't have the grip to stay on the r/h side, enabling to come back at Lewis on the inside of the exit of the following right hander.

3. It was wet, they were on dry tyres with less than ideal tyre pressures. They were probably hyped up to fcuk too, do we expect not to see contact under those circumstances? Didn't we rave when Senna and Mansell (and our other favourite racers) do the same?

4. He did, he was then right under the wing of Kimi for a good few yards, therefore travelling at the same speed - but of course, he'd get a tow. Did he gain an advantage? What's to say he wouldn't have had the same tow by following him through the chicane? Kimi was outbraked, not overtaken with superior straightline speed.

5. This comment is nonsense, they were completely side by side, neither of them in front of the other. As in 1., if you are side by side there might be tears, but there's no 'right of way' when you're completely alongside - that's motorsport.

6. Yes he did, he wants to race, to win! It might be the wrong thing to do, immature, not clever, but he's proven to be a racer whether you like him or not. And for the record, I think they're both great drivers, but I like neither, imo Kimi is a lazy sod with the character of a sloth to match, Hamster is a gobby kid that needs to grow up :P

7. Maybe so. So what? I'm sure people would think of other 'it's not fair's' if they brought the gravel trap back.

And now we see Hamster penalised 25secs, the FIA continue to be a laughing stock.

Disclaimer: I watched it once, after examining replay's on freeze frame I might backpedal slightly. But I doubt it :P

As much as I am for fairness, if i recall, Mr Hamilton let Mr Raikenon past and a full car lenght in front, before lining up his next over take. Now, what exactly did Hamilton do wrong? Someone please justify the penalty? I understand if you gain a position by leaving the track you must then seed the position back to your rival. This was done. That Raikenon then couldn't make his newly recovered lead stick is his problem alone. Besides did he then not park the car in a crash barrier? following a spin on track? I am baffled and m beginning to join the masses in claiming the FIA is the Ferrari Interests Agency?

Discuss.

He got an advantage by short cutting the chicane and then he did let him go but the advantage that he got was not negated by letting KIMI go through , he started attacking kimi very early.

Am not sure if KIMI passed Hami fully.