Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Belgium Gp - Spa-francorchamps

Mclaren has lodged against the decision, but I doubt it would change anything. One thing I am sure is that Lewis and Mclaren are going to come stronger from next race. Its time to move on. Don't waste too much time complaining about FIA. Its not first time they have been unfair.

I have to say this, there was a lot of excitement in the final 3 laps.

That being said, I think that the penalty was deserved.

Like ol' Steve-o says, who cares really? Lewis is still learning his trade and has the potential to be the best since Schumacher. Even if Massa wins this title, it's not going to change any sensible person's opinion of him. Ross Brawn even said recently that Lewis is already better than him, even this early on in his career.

Sour Grapes???

Massa has defeated KR and is now about to knockdown the McLaren Golden boy. I couldn't be happier. Honestly Look at Massa's performance since joining a top team. Pretty impressive. Harldy his fault he didn't get a golden path to a top team early in his career. Once he was given the opportunity, he has never looked back.

Cmon guys , he got an advantage . No one can deny that.

Ferrari always tops in the straight line speed , so if they were racing normally then no way would Hamilton would have passed him there. After short cutting the chicane he carried more speed (advantage) therefore he could overtake KIMI.

It was not a clean overtaking.

Maybe someone on this forum can explain how Hamilton OFF the throttle to let Kimi past and Kimi FULL throttle before braking for La Source means Lewis has gained a speed advantage. Not to be sarcastic but guys I would like you to meet someone he's called Physics.

Well F1 does leave a sour taste in the mouth sometimes, yeah, because I don't think it's a fair sport. Drivers have totally different cars, and few people have much faith that the rules are being applied sensibly. The only sensible thing to do is ignore the points standings.

My mitigating circumstances are, that I was so excited about the possibility of an overtaking move about to happen I squezed the ketchup clean out of my bacon butty, thereby missing the half a car in front bit :P

I do hope that's not a metaphor.

Personally, though I seriously dislike the little twerp, I believe Hamilton's rule breach was arguable, if indeed, it was intentional. However, appeals aside, if this incident had happened earlier in the race, he'd have been given a 'drive-through' penalty that would have possibly left him a lot worse off than third. Spare a thought for Kimi - a little drop of rain brings a whole world of pain. Nice move by BMW and Heidfeld - clever - the sort of trick Ross Brawn was good at. At the moment he appears to be less good at anything he was previously good at. I don't think his gushing praise of Nando, Kimi and LH will do the morale of his present pair of great drivers any good at all. How could a team with such huge resources and allegedly, the best 'brain' in F1 bring the wrong aero package to Spa! It makes your eyes water.

why does it make your eyes water? You are over stating a supposed mistske that was never made. It's not like Brawn brought square pegs for round holes and only discovered that when he opened the shipping crates. Honda were never going toget their sh!tboxes to go around Spa properly. They came here off the back of an apalling test. Judge Brawn by his '09 car.

As for sparing a thought for Kimi? Here's one thought; Our current world champion is sh!t in the rain.

Sour Grapes???

Massa has defeated KR and is now about to knockdown the McLaren Golden boy. I couldn't be happier. Honestly Look at Massa's performance since joining a top team. Pretty impressive. Harldy his fault he didn't get a golden path to a top team early in his career. Once he was given the opportunity, he has never looked back.

Amazing. You accuse Graham of sour grapes when you clearly have a dislike for Lewis. That's hypocrisy. Where are the fans of our sport? Giving an opinion clouded by your like or dislike for a driver is just bollocks.

Giving an opinion clouded by your like or dislike for a driver is just bollocks.

It is something we all do once in our life. :whistling:

You know, this was the first race ages to have me physically, not literally, on the edge of my seat, such was the drama of the last few laps and it was actually one of the better races before the last few laps too.

That's all I'm going to say...................well, in this thread anyway :whistling:

So the Points Tally Change:

Hamilton:76

Massa: 74

Kubica: 58

Kimi: 57

Nick: 49

It's painful to see Raikkonen only 8 points ahead of Nick Heidfeld.

Maybe someone on this forum can explain how Hamilton OFF the throttle to let Kimi past and Kimi FULL throttle before braking for La Source means Lewis has gained a speed advantage. Not to be sarcastic but guys I would like you to meet someone he's called Physics.

Lewis only let Kimi three quarters by. He didn't come 'OFF' the throttle, he modulated it. He then got a tow. He wouldn't have got that tow unless he had been so close. He wouldn't have been so close unless he was uncharacteristically alongside Kimi coming out of Bus Stop. He was along side Kimi coming out of Bus Stop because he CUT THE CHICANE.

Tell that to your friend Fizz Ixx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaeA-njNLf0

You know, this was the first race ages to have me physically, not literally, on the edge of my seat, such was the drama of the last few laps and it was actually one of the better races before the last few laps too.

That's all I'm going to say...................well, in this thread anyway :whistling:

Me too. In fact i'm sure it was the same for everyone.

Soooo....the Bollocks Master is back!

Sorry, I just got stuck in bollocks mode today :lol:

I agree with you that it was the first race in quite some time to provide any kind of excitement. And lots of arguing too!

Alan333 - I'm not a Ferrari fan, I'm a BMW fan. Also - poor kimi for flying off the track after leading for 43 (or 42) laps.

Hamilton did take an advantage, the FIA will have seen the data, and it will have looked like hamilton didn't lower the revs to let kimi past - therefore, hamilton took an advantage, and kimi lost out. The FIA have access to the date, they don't make judgments just on what we see. It was deserved.

:lol: Yeah I suppose I am a bit bitter actually, but Massa really has it coming!

Why has Massa got it coming??????

Why has Massa got it coming??????

Wouldn't you like to know *muahahahahahaha*. Sorry. But he has got it coming. Ask anyone.

Please, keep all the posts in the same thread!

:D

great race!

F1 armchair expert:

-I'm gonna youtube some races of the 80es.That was pure racing and overtakings and balls and action and and and I just hope the festival of boredom F1 currently is,was more alike to what it used to be,to what it should be. Oh!Senna,oh!X,oh!Y...those were racing souls and not the pussies of nowadays.

Same F1 armchair expert some hours later,watching spa '08:

-Oh!Ooooh!Oh my!These drivers are crazy,fool and reckless!I hope they disqualify everyone on the grid and send them to a remote island!

Lewis only let Kimi three quarters by. He didn't come 'OFF' the throttle, he modulated it. He then got a tow. He wouldn't have got that tow unless he had been so close. He wouldn't have been so close unless he was uncharacteristically alongside Kimi coming out of Bus Stop. He was along side Kimi coming out of Bus Stop because he CUT THE CHICANE.

Tell that to your friend Fizz Ixx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaeA-njNLf0

I'm going to disagree on that one, Steve, in this instance. I think in those conditions at that time, it's impossible to say that. He could have been right behind Kimi through the chicane and still got the tow, because I think the McLaren just had the better traction in those conditions, especially if you look at how much ground Lewis makes up prior to the bus stop chicane.

According to McLaren's telemetry, it shows that Kimi was 6kph faster crossing the line, if they are to be believed.

Soooo....the Bollocks Master is back!

Sorry, I just got stuck in bollocks mode today :lol:

I agree with you that it was the first race in quite some time to provide any kind of excitement. And lots of arguing too!

The excitement is temporary, the arguing is a constant. Baldy bollocks :lol:

Hamilton did take an advantage, the FIA will have seen the data, and it will have looked like hamilton didn't lower the revs to let kimi past - therefore, hamilton took an advantage, and kimi lost out. The FIA have access to the date, they don't make judgments just on what we see. It was deserved.

Hamilton didn't gain an advantage because kimi retired from the race. Ferrari have said they didn't protest so why did the stewards decide to investigate an incident that had no bearing on the race - after the race. If Lewis had beaten Kimi and the result disputed after the race I would understand the logic- So we had a farce of a winners ceremony only for the stewards to reverse the result - only in F1 could this happen

-_-

Fair dinkum Raw, I've looked at the replay (GR ordered me to, I couldn't resist her :P ) and I'd first seen it as Hamster alongside (completely) until he left the track.

See, like I said - top bloke! ;)

[PS, sorry if I was a bit arrogant before - that wasn't my intention]