Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Belgium Gp - Spa-francorchamps

Bourdais hits again. Nicely done by Vettel too. The rest in Q3 are the usual suspects...

Nicely done by Ferrari, I'd say. Either that or really both Vettel and Bourdais have been divinely inspired to make shine a car that a few races back was pure crap.

Hamilton on pole. Very, very fast. It seems both McLarens went light hoping the Kova would classify in front to the Ferraris too and slow them down. It didn't quite work. Kova is 3rd behind Massa.

The big dissapointments are Kimi and Kubica. Still, Kimi is 4th so a good first lap can put him in the right place.

Let's see what tomorrow brings... aside from, hopefully, rain.

So sorry for Button & Barrichello. :(

Nice work by the two STR's. Uneventful qualifying again. God, bring back the days when it was unpredictable, sheer lap after lap of going for glory, when drivers binned their cars and ran to fetch the T-car. PLEASE!!

Not embarrassing (that would be spinning or something like that), someone has to be in front in any given team, being 1st and having your team-mate 3rd isn't embarrassing for the guy whose 3rd. Alonso being 6th and Piquet being 12th is a little embarassing.

Anyway *grumble grumble grumble* there's no way Kimi can win from fourth tomorrow in the dry, if he does I'll be amazed. I predict Massa to pass Kova at the start, and Heidfeld to pass Kimi ('cos that's just the way it'll suck). I hope it rains, I hope it snows and hails and a plane carrying grease drops its cargo over the circuit, or something. What happened to Kubi and Vettel, all my favourites are being outqualified by their team-mates at Spa :lol:

Good job Bourdais though, he needs these performances.

Oh and I hope Murray beats Nadal and faces Federer in the final :D That would be fantastic..

Now, now, there are many ways for Kimi to win in the dry tomorrow. In fact, Kimi is the only driver in the two front rows that can do it even if no one screws up... if only he remembers to "have a sht" _before_ the race starts.

Anyway, how about some first corner drama? We haven't had that in a while (and no, Nakajima on Alonso is for wimps and no one cares).

Thick, sporadic rain would be very nice, of course.

I'll say that one saftey car would just be the icing on the cake.

Let's see if Fisi makes a podium. What will the roulette season bring indeed...

I think FM has set the tone for the rest of the year at Ferrari. IT is time to quit making excuses for KR, and just realize that FM drives the Ferrari faster then the Iceman can this year. If Ferrari want a repeat of last year, it is time to start playing the game. Focus on Felipe and strategically have KR play the spoiler. THe sooner they do that the better. I hope FM clearly is ahead of KR and the end of this weekend, so the decision can be easily made.

I hope it is a good race. I hope FM burns up the start and gets the McLaren behind him. IT looks like the McLaren has a better race pace at this track, and I think FM's only chance of victory is to get the good start. THe Ferrari is fast enough to keep Hamilton behind, But if Hamilton gets to the first corner first, I think this one will be a sleeper.

FIA bulls##t ****s Bruno Senna's race, how is it that he gets a penalty for unsafe release (which it was), yet Massa didn't (his was too)?

FIA are inconsistent morons.

Now, now, there are many ways for Kimi to win in the dry tomorrow. In fact, Kimi is the only driver in the two front rows that can do it even if no one screws up... if only he remembers to "have a sht" _before_ the race starts.

Anyway, how about some first corner drama? We haven't had that in a while (and no, Nakajima on Alonso is for wimps and no one cares).

Thick, sporadic rain would be very nice, of course.

I'll say that one saftey car would just be the icing on the cake.

Let's see if Fisi makes a podium. What will the roulette season bring indeed...

Not on merit. I hope Spa produces some drama too, need some after Valencia....

Guess Hamilton was p1ssed off that none of us mentioned him in pre-quali discussion but man he was quick & I have a good feeling he'll win tomorrow!

I think FM has set the tone for the rest of the year at Ferrari. IT is time to quit making excuses for KR, and just realize that FM drives the Ferrari faster then the Iceman can this year. If Ferrari want a repeat of last year, it is time to start playing the game. Focus on Felipe and strategically have KR play the spoiler. THe sooner they do that the better. I hope FM clearly is ahead of KR and the end of this weekend, so the decision can be easily made.

I agree, but naturally I hope Kimi can stay in touch as long as possible to delay the inevitable. Rain would be nice.

Having said that, Kimi and Kova are too slow to interfere with anyone this year, so I'm not sure if backing one driver over their team mate will make as much difference as it sometimes does.

Not embarrassing (that would be spinning or something like that), someone has to be in front in any given team, being 1st and having your team-mate 3rd isn't embarrassing for the guy whose 3rd. Alonso being 6th and Piquet being 12th is a little embarassing.

Anyway *grumble grumble grumble* there's no way Kimi can win from fourth tomorrow in the dry, if he does I'll be amazed. I predict Massa to pass Kova at the start, and Heidfeld to pass Kimi ('cos that's just the way it'll suck). I hope it rains, I hope it snows and hails and a plane carrying grease drops its cargo over the circuit, or something. What happened to Kubi and Vettel, all my favourites are being outqualified by their team-mates at Spa :lol:

Good job Bourdais though, he needs these performances.

Oh and I hope Murray beats Nadal and faces Federer in the final :D That would be fantastic..

I thought he was starting infront of him on the grid? :P Unless you meant Massa to pass hamilton? :lol:;)

I thought he was starting infront of him on the grid? :P Unless you meant Massa to pass hamilton? :lol:;)

:lol: That's what always being tired does to ya ;)

I revise my post to: the order of top 3 wont change in the opening lap, because Kova isn't quite racy enough and Massa will probably make a good start, and Lewis will almost certainly make a good start. Nick will still pass Kimi though..

:lol: That's what always being tired does to ya ;)

I revise my post to: the order of top 3 wont change in the opening lap, because Kova isn't quite racy enough and Massa will probably make a good start, and Lewis will almost certainly make a good start. Nick will still pass Kimi though..

Yeah, the precedents make me think the same way too. Another sucky race for Kimi if nothing surprising happens.

Guess Hamilton was p1ssed off that none of us mentioned him in pre-quali discussion but man he was quick & I have a good feeling he'll win tomorrow!

Amen.

Btw, only a fool could write off Kimi.

Btw, only a fool could write off Kimi.

Hey! I resemble that comment. I'm not saying he won't win, I just think it would be very difficult, in dry conditions.