Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Driver Of The Day - Spa

Driver of the day - Spa  

52 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Lewis
    • Massa
    • Nick
    • Nando
    • Vettel
    • Kubica
    • Bourdais
    • Glock
    • Kimi

Lewis as he pushed the car very hard in the last 10 laps & went slow & smooth in the final 2 laps. Idiot of the day: Kimi! Schumi would be ashamed!

Bourdais. Kept it together when it mattered.

Hamilton!

More erratic than Massa,but more fun to watch,and risking more.A very deserved win.

Someone has to vote for Kimi! :D

Probably me, as I was left almost heartbroken when he crashed XD

Heidfeld is DOD for me, for his good decision to change tires and finishing on the podium, and then I'll vote Kimi

(because he's my favourite driver and that's why we have multiple choice)

, because of the first lap.

1) Nando: in the dry he managed to go "were no Reno has gone before" :P (yeah, I know, except for Piquet at Silverstone, I just liked the phrase!)

2) Heidfeld: in the wet loved his last minute charge. Of course rain helps getting away with such antics, but the guy cut through a chaotic field with a surgeon's precission.

3) Bourdais: Even though STR is making it way too evident that the Ferrari engines were not just updated "for reliability's sake" (under the passive watch of the FIA who seems to have lost their fierce will to investigate everything since last year)

Why not the top guys?

1) Kimi: no commments.

2) Lewis: lost his own pole due to his own mistake. His last clash against Kimi was thrilling but also dangerous and uncalled for. I was amazed he wasn't blackflagged on the spot.

3) Massa: the best of the top 3 (geez, that says a lot..) but still....

:lol: I don't think Massa was the best of the top 3! Lewis is surely the driver of the day. Bourdais did well too.

Why not the top guys?

2) Lewis: lost his own pole due to his own mistake. His last clash against Kimi was thrilling but also dangerous and uncalled for. I was amazed he wasn't blackflagged on the spot.

And people will still tell me that the driving standards have not generally been low this year. This lot is our top 3?

And people will still tell me that the driving standards have not generally been low this year. This lot is our top 3?

Well...wew couldn't get the Three Stooges for this year so we had to settle for this trio.

1) Nando: in the dry he managed to go "were no Reno has gone before" :P (yeah, I know, except for Piquet at Silverstone, I just liked the phrase!)

2) Heidfeld: in the wet loved his last minute charge. Of course rain helps getting away with such antics, but the guy cut through a chaotic field with a surgeon's precission.

3) Bourdais: Even though STR is making it way too evident that the Ferrari engines were not just updated "for reliability's sake" (under the passive watch of the FIA who seems to have lost their fierce will to investigate everything since last year)

Why not the top guys?

They are investigating that incident between Kimi and Hamilton when Hammy cut the corner... The race isn't over yet....

:lol: I don't think Massa was the best of the top 3! Lewis is surely the driver of the day. Bourdais did well too.

Well he stayed out of trouble for the most part, most conservative driving and NO pretending to be a top (Kimi decided to be one this time)

:lol:

Why not the top guys?

Geeze! Whining and whining!

Massa was the best of the top three. He never made a mistake where as Hamilton and Kimi (at the end) where like rookies in the wet. Massa exercised complete car control. Did anyone see Massa get himself in a bind???? Hamilton was out of contol at least three times, and damn near took out a poor unsuspecting back marker in the process. Yes Hamilton won, but driver of the day, I don't think so.

Well...wew couldn't get the Three Stooges for this year so we had to settle for this trio.

Massa drove a brlliant race. Never put a foot wrong. You are wrong to place him with the other stooges, who rightful earned that name today.

Massa was out-paced by his team mate in the dry, and thrashed by Lewis in the wet. He made a few mistakes along the way, but showed far more pace than Massa, and that's why he beat him.

They are investigating that incident between Kimi and Hamilton when Hammy cut the corner... The race isn't over yet....

Yes I know, but I was referring to the "surprising" race pace of the former Minardis. Last year FIA investigated every single bolt of the McLaren with a zealot's drive. Which was partially justified by MclAren's wrongdoings, of course, but still seemed a little bit excessive even for a guy like me who has no sympathy whatsoever for Ron and Company (sorry, I just read Ron's comments about the race...geez, why lie so much when you do not know how to properly lie?).

STRs sudden explosion of raw speed when the paddock is full of rumours about Ferrari and Macca violating the engine freeze rule shoudl at least have started a proper investigation. Yes, yes...somebody will come up with the "they found a loophole so they are smart at cheating and kudos for them". I would agree...but the fact is that we do not even know whether they are smart at finding loopholes or they are just blatanly cheating under FIA's passive gaze.

Massa was out-paced by his team mate in the dry, and thrashed by Lewis in the wet. He made a few mistakes along the way, but showed far more pace than Massa, and that's why he beat him.

You are now offically a Leweristic.(is that the term they use). Hamilton admitting to praying, and by God that is how he won. :D The difference between him and Kimi today was either luck or devine intervention. How can you possibly say Lewis thrashed Massa in the rain. Another frigging lap and Hamilton would have put it in the wall. He was awful in the wet today.

Massa drove a brlliant race. Never put a foot wrong. You are wrong to place him with the other stooges, who rightful earned that name today.

Actually he did spun sometime around the first laps. They didn't showed it, I think. But the Spanish TV at least said that Hammy and Massa both spun at the begginiing.

Besides that, yes you are right. He was by far the best of the trio this time in terms of driving elegance. But it wasn't enough.