Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Driver Of The Day - Spa

Driver of the day - Spa  

52 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Lewis
    • Massa
    • Nick
    • Nando
    • Vettel
    • Kubica
    • Bourdais
    • Glock
    • Kimi

Actually he did spun sometime around the first laps. They didn't showed it, I think. But the Spanish TV at least said that Hammy and Massa both spun at the begginiing.

Besides that, yes you are right. He was by far the best of the trio this time in terms of driving elegance. But it wasn't enough.

I don't think so

Heidfeld, Kubica and Nando are under investigation for possible violation of yellow flags while Kimi was making friends with the tire wall...

Ouch...that would render two of my 3 votes useless.

You are now offically a Leweristic.(is that the term they use). Hamilton admitting to praying, and by God that is how he won. :D The difference between him and Kimi today was either luck or devine intervention. How can you possibly say Lewis thrashed Massa in the rain. Another frigging lap and Hamilton would have put it in the wall. He was awful in the wet today.

Because he was about 5s a lap faster. And regardless of the weather, Massa would have been beaten by Lewis, if not Kimi too.

Because he was about 5s a lap faster. And regardless of the weather, Massa would have been beaten by Lewis, if not Kimi too.

5 seconds a LAP!!!! Graham what did you smoke after i spoke to you last night???

Hamilton and Kimi were out of control because of their skill driving in the wet. Kimi skills in the wet allowed Massa to inheret second place, and Massa was smart enough to drive his car to a safe second place. Hamilton was all over the frigging place, and almost lost it twice after he inherited the lead from Kimi. Ask Kimi if driving it past the edge of control is a good investment. Poetic justice would have been for both those clowns to end up in the wall.

Hamilton and Kimi were out of control because of their skill driving in the wet. Kimi skills in the wet allowed Massa to inheret second place, and Massa was smart enough to drive his car to a safe second place. Hamilton was all over the frigging place, and almost lost it twice after he inherited the lead from Kimi. Ask Kimi if driving it past the edge of control is a good investment. Poetic justice would have been for both those clowns to end up in the wall.

You are the cutest clown in the world! :lol:

5 seconds a LAP!!!! Graham what did you smoke after i spoke to you last night???

He has his Leweristic glasses on. While Hamilton and Kimi were slip slidding all over the place, Massa had actually caught them, and then the carnage hit with Kimi into the wall, and Massa realized he had 8 points in the bag. His teammate was collecting nothing for Ferrari or himslf. Don't foget there is a constructors championship as well. As important as the points for Massa are the points for Ferrari. Massa is all about Ferrari winning.

Bourdais was clearly the man today. Lewis was good but a little erratic and slightly naughty. Kimi was easily DOD until the last 2 laps. Massa was ordinary in the dry and about the same in the wet. The reason Massa wasn't sliding around or spinning was because he wasn't battling for the lead.

Alonso was good today, Kova made some good passes and one very poor one.

My vote goes to Raikkonen for showing true racing spirit. He may have gone off in the end but that's the way it sometimes go, when you're trying to fight with faster opponent in conditions like that.

Those two gave really good spectacle today. Only Hamilton's move at the chicane wasn't up to the standard - that's the sort of behaviour you just don't do if you don't wanna get punch in the middle of the face.

:lol: I can't be bothered to look it up exactly, but he pulled out a big gap in hardly any laps. It's a pity the rain didn't some sooner, but hopefully we'll get some in the remainder of the season.

Bourdais was clearly the man today. Lewis was good but a little erratic and slightly naughty. Kimi was easily DOD until the last 2 laps. Massa was ordinary in the dry and about the same in the wet. The reason Massa wasn't sliding around or spinning was because he wasn't battling for the lead.

Alonso was good today, Kova made some good passes and one very poor one.

He brought the car home for second without any drama. Funny how others incompetence in the wet make them heroes,

Obviously the DOD was KR if the race would have ended four laps early. He owned the track, and then the rain came to ruin his finest run in along time. He is a WDC and he gets paid $40 million/year. You kind of expect more.

At the end Hamilton was pushing and so was Raikkonen. Only Lewis had more grip to play with.

Massa was just cruising home.

He brought the car home for second without any drama. Funny how others incompetence in the wet make them heroes,

Obviously the DOD was KR if the race would have ended four laps early. He owned the track, and then the rain came to ruin his finest run in along time. He is a WDC and he gets paid $40 million/year. You kind of expect more.

At the end Hamilton was pushing and so was Raikkonen. Only Lewis had more grip to play with.

Massa was just cruising home.

Correct. Neither Lewis or Kimi were 'heroes' today YHR, but neither was Massa for his (very smart) cruising, Kimi and Lewis couldn't afford to cruise.

Indeed, and more so since Hamilton didn't need any of it.

Apparently Ferrari has filed a complain on something else than the investigation. I wish I knew on what grounds becuase all of it sounds like crap at this point...

:lol: I can't be bothered to look it up exactly, but he pulled out a big gap in hardly any laps. It's a pity the rain didn't some sooner, but hopefully we'll get some in the remainder of the season.

You are partly right.. In the last lap (or after Kimi crashed) Massa slowed down to just bring home the car as he had a good 30-40 seconds to 4th (now 3rd place) and thus Hamilton gained a 14sec finish. Otherwise when Hammy was closing in on Kimi, Massa was also setting his personal best laps and was only about 4-5 seconds behind....

So your right that he pulled a big gap in hardly any laps but that was mainly due to Massa slowing down rather than Hamilton putting blinding laps...

Correct. Neither Lewis or Kimi were 'heroes' today YHR, but neither was Massa for his (very smart) cruising, Kimi and Lewis couldn't afford to cruise.

That is my point really, and why he is my selction for driver of the day. He obviously didn't have a car that could keep up with the Hamilton and Kimi(he was using his old engine you know) and yet he gets second place, and a fresh engine for the next race. He is showing how mature and thinking he has become.

Lewis Hamilton snatched victory in the Belgian Grand Prix from Kimi Raikkonen in the dying stages of the race.

But their thrilling duel as rain fell in the final laps of the race is being investigated by the stewards who feel Hamilton and Raikkonen may hae broken the rules.

The duel began when Hamilton caught Raikkonen on lap 42. He drew alongside the Ferrari on the outside of the chicane, but Raikkonen pushed him off the track

Is this what Raikkonen is being investigated for? Should he be penalised for it?

That meant Hamilton arrived on the start/finish straight ahead of Raikkonen. Having gained an unfair advantage he let Raikkonen past (which is what he should have done with Vettel at Magny-Cours) but then re-passed Raikkonen at the next corner (La Source).

Is this what Hamilton is being investigated for? Should he be penalised for it?

Later on lap 43 Raikkonen ran wide at Pouhon but regained the circuit without seeming to gain much of an advantage.

Then Hamilton came across a spinning Williams and had to drive off the circuit in avoidance. Raikkonen also took evasive action and seemed to hit Hamilton in doing so. But surely for both drivers this was an unavoidable consequence of Raikkonen trying to avoid the Williams?

I don

Indeed, and more so since Hamilton didn't need any of it.

Apparently Ferrari has filed a complain on something else than the investigation. I wish I knew on what grounds becuase all of it sounds like crap at this point...

Exactly, He is the points leader and risked everything for two additonal points. In some respect he helped Massa out incredibly today.!!!!!!!

I didn't mind Hamiltons naughty move through the chicane. Reminded me of the Schumi days. And anyway, their battle made for a great spectacle, most entertaining battle of the year for sure. Congrats Hamilton! I love gutsy racing!

Lewis Hamilton snatched victory in the Belgian Grand Prix from Kimi Raikkonen in the dying stages of the race.

But their thrilling duel as rain fell in the final laps of the race is being investigated by the stewards who feel Hamilton and Raikkonen may hae broken the rules.

The duel began when Hamilton caught Raikkonen on lap 42. He drew alongside the Ferrari on the outside of the chicane, but Raikkonen pushed him off the track

Is this what Raikkonen is being investigated for? Should he be penalised for it?

That meant Hamilton arrived on the start/finish straight ahead of Raikkonen. Having gained an unfair advantage he let Raikkonen past (which is what he should have done with Vettel at Magny-Cours) but then re-passed Raikkonen at the next corner (La Source).

Is this what Hamilton is being investigated for? Should he be penalised for it?

Later on lap 43 Raikkonen ran wide at Pouhon but regained the circuit without seeming to gain much of an advantage.

Then Hamilton came across a spinning Williams and had to drive off the circuit in avoidance. Raikkonen also took evasive action and seemed to hit Hamilton in doing so. But surely for both drivers this was an unavoidable consequence of Raikkonen trying to avoid the Williams?

I don

That is my point really, and why he is my selction for driver of the day. He obviously didn't have a car that could keep up with the Hamilton and Kimi(he was using his old engine you know) and yet he gets second place, and a fresh engine for the next race. He is showing how mature and thinking he has become.

Perhaps perhaps.. :D

You are partly right.. In the last lap (or after Kimi crashed) Massa slowed down to just bring home the car as he had a good 30-40 seconds to 4th (now 3rd place) and thus Hamilton gained a 14sec finish. Otherwise when Hammy was closing in on Kimi, Massa was also setting his personal best laps and was only about 4-5 seconds behind....

So your right that he pulled a big gap in hardly any laps but that was mainly due to Massa slowing down rather than Hamilton putting blinding laps...

Murray didn't watch the race apparently. He is basing his opinions on the final outcome and the time sheets :D