Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Driver Of The Day - Spa

Driver of the day - Spa  

52 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Lewis
    • Massa
    • Nick
    • Nando
    • Vettel
    • Kubica
    • Bourdais
    • Glock
    • Kimi

:lol: And yes, I can see your pov. In retrospect Hamilton should have yielded more clearly and passed him again later, which would probably have been possible. But I think it's a poor rule, like so many in F1. Charlie Whiting thought it was all fine, and I think you can make a reasonable argument that it was at least debatable, after all, the stewards thought about it for 4 hours. Rules like that (and the 'penalty' Massa got last time) are bad rules. Not only that, but it makes a mockery of the sport to change the results at this stage.

:lol: and :lol: @ Paul's post.

Well, I must change my mind. No, not because of you or Paul's bollocks collection worthy of making the centerfold of the Bollock's Magazine (nevermind me, I am in a bollocking mood) :P but because I watched the last 3 laps again. The French Tv showed the replays all mixed and it gave the impression of a completely reckless driving from both Kimi and Lewis. After watching a replay, I must admit that they were racing wheel to wheel more akin to Massa's battle under the rain last year.

So, I humbly apologize to all the bollock spitters out there who were right :blush:

Regarding Lewis penalty, I think that he was still trying to force the rule too much. And the stewards decision would have been impopular if given during the race too, becaue it would have been given without really studying the replay in full. It was too close to the end of the race to give a decision before it ended. The fact that it took so many hours is not so bad, given the circumstances. I am holding my final opinion on this until I can read the stewards reasons, though.

Actually, I found the scrap between Kimi & Lewis very thrilling. I think this was the year's best race in terms of overtakings.

Yep, two of the best racers out there battling hard, it don't get better than that.

Actually, I found the scrap between Kimi & Lewis very thrilling. I think this was the year's best race in terms of overtakings.

My vote goes to KIMI , he was awesome almost the whole race.

Very unfortunate for him to crash out , really feel sad for him.

Oh come on, he was trying to overtake Kimi and got it a bit wrong and Kimi quite rightly forces him off the track. Lewis then had the option of crashing into Kimi or taking the run off area. I have no idea what the fuss is about, if it had been between Barrichello & Coulthard, for example, nobody would have batted an eyelid.

I would be quite interested to see the last time somebody got a drive through penalty for cutting a chicane and handing the position back.

There was a race last year, Malaysia or Bahrain, someone cut the chicane, let the person pass, and then passed them back right away. There was no penalty but about a lap after the incident the person who cut the chicane slowed inexplicably, let the person behind him back by for a second time before passing him. I don't remember the situation exactly but the commentators were speculating that the reason he had slowed was to make sure they got no penalty for it.

There was a race last year, Malaysia or Bahrain, someone cut the chicane, let the person pass, and then passed them back right away. There was no penalty but about a lap after the incident the person who cut the chicane slowed inexplicably, let the person behind him back by for a second time before passing him. I don't remember the situation exactly but the commentators were speculating that the reason he had slowed was to make sure they got no penalty for it.

Yeah i remember that situation... It was between a backmarker and big team car....

Ok, cool, don't remember it, but interesting. In respect of this incident, RD asked Charlie Whiting at the time if they had complied with the rule, Charlie seemed to think they had. Well, at least this was what RD said before the penalty was imposed. If it's true, I have no idea of what else they are meant to do during a race when there is only 2 laps to go and they are trying to win.

Fair point but Charlie isn't the steward.

I know, but unless there is a steward that can be contacted and give an immediate decision during a race, what else can you do?

Well, I don't think it was clear what happened, and I don't think that's fair: if Charlie Whiting can't tell whether the rule was broken or not, then it's a bad rule. Same with the rule that Massa broke last time. Either way, I've always said the points table is pretty meaningless.

Yeah,that's why you used to argue that Hamilton beat Alonso last year and your reason was the points table... :whistling:

Btw,I must enjoy 'dumb racing' cause I thought the last couple of laps were thrilling and good to watch.

:lol: Oh but it's different in the same team, especially one so ferociously equal as McLaren. :whistling: Glad to see you're paying attention though! :P

Not seen on any official source that they were under investigation.

Of course he is not. They never investigate Nando, they penalise him straight away. :furious:

My vote goes to KIMI , he was awesome almost the whole race.

Very unfortunate for him to crash out , really feel sad for him.

I thought he got some damage in his front wing when he was trying to pass LH and he touch one of LH's rear tire with his front wing, I saw the movement in the car because of this action and the car was lifted of the ground and after that point Kimi start loosing control of the car, I couldn't see any damage in the image from the in car camera but he was driving inside the circuit until that point, I still haven't seen any Kimi's comment about this so for now this is just a theory.

:lol: Oh but it's different in the same team, especially one so ferociously equal as McLaren. :whistling: Glad to see you're paying attention though! :P

:lol:

Btw,as a proud Alonso blind fan I must use this post to say that his performance today was brilliant.He would've been 4th on a dry track with the Renault.No SC/Rain/lottery,on his own merit!

:lol:

Btw,as a proud Alonso blind fan I must use this post to say that his performance today was brilliant.He would've been 4th on a dry track with the Renault.No SC/Rain/lottery,on his own merit!

And I must say that I don't like when he races like this and he's been doing it lately and rather see him giving me something to use against him, BTW I read a news were it says that he signed a contract with BMW for three years that's a good news I don't want to see him at Ferrari.

I liked Massa and Bourdais. Massa because despite being heavier, he had a great qualifying and also Ferrari was worried about the engines, so he did the right thing not messing things up for himself and the team. Two red cars crashing out of the race would have been insane.Bourdais because he drove very well with a damaged car, had a good quali and basically he showed up when his drive for next year is on the line.

Massa drove a brlliant race. Never put a foot wrong. You are wrong to place him with the other stooges, who rightful earned that name today.

YHR, I'm really tryiing to understand your obsession with Massa, who were tottally outdriven by his teammate and Lewis...

hahahaha im not even worrying if they penalyze nick n nando. haha if so, seb is 3rd ;)

seb?? who???

the guy who crashes on first corner?? :lol::P

And I must say that I don't like when he races like this and he's been doing it lately and rather see him giving me something to use against him, BTW I read a news were it says that he signed a contract with BMW for three years that's a good news I don't want to see him at Ferrari.

Yeah that's what I hope,too!

For once,anti-Alonsos and pro-Alonsos agree on TF1! :lol:

We have Quiet One,who wants him in Renault,and AleHop and me who want him in BMW.

If seeing Kimi in red hurt my eyes,I can't imagine how it will feel to see Alonso in Ferrari. arggh!!!!!!!%(/%&

:lol: I always said how amazingly talented Alonso is. It takes something special to beat him for sure. And I'd love to see him in a Ferrari or BMW: not only because he'd likely implode again, but mainly because even if he won, at least Hamilton would be beaten by a class driver rather than a spinning top.

:lol: I always said how amazingly talented Alonso is. It takes something special to beat him for sure. And I'd love to see him in a Ferrari or BMW: not only because he'd likely implode again, but mainly because even if he won, at least Hamilton would be beaten by a class driver rather than a spinning top.

Awwww!Yeah,it reminds me about Alonso talking about MS.Something like winning a race or a championship (I can't remember) with MS on track has more value.