Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Driver Of The Day - Spa

Driver of the day - Spa  

52 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Lewis
    • Massa
    • Nick
    • Nando
    • Vettel
    • Kubica
    • Bourdais
    • Glock
    • Kimi

Kimi's thoughts.......

Kimi Raikkonen said he did not want second place at the Belgian Grand Prix after crashing out on the final lap while battling for the lead with Lewis Hamilton.

The Ferrari driver had led the majority of the race, but Hamilton benefited from the rain during the final laps to close the gap and pass the Finn.

Raikkonen regained his position when Hamilton and the Ferrari driver himself nearly crashed into the spun car of Nico Rosberg, but lost it again moments later when he spun too.

The world champion then lost control of his car again and crashed against the wall.

Raikkonen admitted it was all or nothing for him.

"I was prepared to win or lose, but unfortunately I went off," Raikkonen told reporters. "I only wanted to win. I slid wide on the fast left hander, and tried to come back on the circuit but I spun.

"I needed to get points so wanted to win it or lose it but unfortunately went off. I didn't want to finish behind we would have lost points. We see what we can do."

Raikkonen made contact with Hamilton a few times while battling for position, and their clash was put under investigation by the stewards.

Hamilton jumped the final chicane when the pair made contact, and although he let Raikkonen past, the Briton kept his momentum and overtook him on the following corner.

Raikkonen did not want to comment on the incident.

"There are rules about cutting chicanes and gaining an advantage and they are looking it. So I don't have anything to say," the Finn said.

The result left Raikkonen a massive 23 points behind Hamilton in the standings with just five races left. Teammate Felipe Massa is eight behind the Briton, and it is now likely the Finn will have to play a support role.

He said, however, that he is only planning to win races.

"It is not up to me if he (Massa) wins or not," he said. "I will do the best I can do and we see what the situation is. I try to win races and we will see what happens."

I didn't mind Hamiltons naughty move through the chicane. Reminded me of the Schumi days. And anyway, their battle made for a great spectacle, most entertaining battle of the year for sure. Congrats Hamilton! I love gutsy racing!

Yeah it was pretty breathless watching it live...

Murray didn't watch the race apparently. He is basing his opinions on the final outcome and the time sheets :D

There may have been a break or something, No harm to explain the situation...

Firstly KIMI DID NOT CRASH ANYONE WHEN NICO WAS SPINNING. HE AVIODED THE WHOLE THING.

Secondly. Kimi did touch the rear wing of Hamilton BEFORE this whoel thing, when Hamilton took the lead and Kimi was taking it back

Thirdly, The thing being investigated by the stewards is the cutting the chicane when he had the outside of the line, Kimi kep his line, therby either Hamilton would have to break, crash or go outside. Hamilton chose to go outside. He did give back the lead to Kimi but only just, he stayed in the slimstream and passed him in the very next corner. This is being investigated, as to weather it was cunning planning to cut the chiance and get more monetum or just fine racing....

Hamilton was too ambitious at the chicane, Kimi is obviously a proper racer so is going to make him do it the hard way, Lewis gets pushed wide, which is fair despite what Hammy says, then he gives Kimi the place back...but passes him at the next corner. It isn't really sporting, but it is very good racing, Senna, Schumacher would be proud I think.

Hamilton was too ambitious at the chicane, Kimi is obviously a proper racer so is going to make him do it the hard way, Lewis gets pushed wide, which is fair despite what Hammy says, then he gives Kimi the place back...but passes him at the next corner. It isn't really sporting, but it is very good racing, Senna, Schumacher would be proud I think.

Yup. Exactly what i was saying... It was a very good show of his talent, but i think that would be controversial. He should have waited. He knew he was faster, whats the rush??

I don't think anything that happened on the last few laps deserves a penalty from the stewards. If anyone was at fault, it was Raikkonen for pushing Hamilton off the track at the chicane. But the stewards have already shown they don't punish drivers for pushing each other off the track - as with Fernando Alonso and Hamilton at this track last year.

Pushing? He was just "closing the door" and that's the way you do it.

:D True, Murray might have been in the loo. :D

Yup. Exactly what i was saying... It was a very good show of his talent, but i think that would be controversial. He should have waited. He knew he was faster, whats the rush??

Exactly. He could've waited, which is one of the few things Lewis has to learn, I hope his arrogance doesn't prevent him from developing this area of his racing.

Looks like Webber gets a point. Glock has been penalised 25sec for overtaking under yellow flags at the end of the race

:lol: Thanks but there was no break. It's pretty clear Lewis and Kimi were faster than Massa in the dry and wet. How anyone can say Massa was the driver of the day eludes me, but then YHR's opinions usually do confuse me. :P

Looks like Webber gets a point. Glock has been penalised 25sec for overtaking under yellow flags at the end of the race

What about Nick and Nando??

:lol: Thanks but there was no break. It's pretty clear Lewis and Kimi were faster than Massa in the dry and wet. How anyone can say Massa was the driver of the day eludes me, but then YHR's opinions usually do confuse me. :P

1. Massa is using an old engine down on power

2. Massa drives a flawless race and brings this car in second place

3. KR was a given DOD until the last four laps. Then him and Hamilton pulled off some the of the dumbest, mistake filled racing I have seen in a long time, battling for a potential gain of two extra points, vs the risk of going off and in Kimi case his season is done, IN Hamiltons case he loses the lead of the WDC to Massa. Risk reward analysis........ pretty stupid

Massa was the only guy that drove smart and he ended up with second( First) place in car with a tired engine.

That is what I based my opinion on, unlike some who just chose the winner :D

Not seen on any official source that they were under investigation.

Someone posted it here that all 3(Glock, Alonso, Nick) of them were under investigation for passing under yellow flags....

1. Massa is using an old engine down on power

2. Massa drives a flawless race and brings this car in second place

3. KR was a given DOD until the last four laps. Then him and Hamilton pulled off some the of the dumbest, mistake filled racing I have seen in a long time, battling for a potential gain of two extra points, vs the risk of going off and in Kimi case his season is done, IN Hamiltons case he loses the lead of the WDC to Massa. Risk reward analysis........ pretty stupid

Massa was the only guy that drove smart and he ended up with Second place in car with a tired engine.

That is what I based my opinion on, unlike some who just chose the winner :D

OOhhhhh Rumor is Massa is declared the winner!!!!!!.

Hamilton penalised, Massa handed win

By Jonathan Noble and Pablo Elizalde Sunday, September 7th 2008, 16:08 GMT

Lewis Hamilton has lost his victory at the Belgian Grand Prix after he was given a penalty for cutting a chicane when fighting with Kimi Raikkonen.

The stewards gave Hamilton a drive-through penalty after the race had ended, meaning 25 seconds were added to his time.

The win goes to Brazilian Felipe Massa, second in the race. The penalty has dropped Hamilton to third place in the race.

OMG nick second :D:lol:

hahahahahahahahahhaha for once, i love fia

Bollocks Oh great! I'm glad :lol:

Stories Breaking everywhere. Must be true. YAHOOOO

OMG nick second :D:lol:

hahahahahahahahahhaha for once, i love fia

Yeah Nick now has 49 points...

Confirmed.

I wish to now declare him DOD.

Maybe a reset of the poll is due... So all the people who vote for the winner can change.... :P

Yeah Nick now has 49 points...

Maybe a reset of the poll is due... So all the people who vote for the winner can change.... :P

We thought the same and post it at the same time, good.