Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Alonso To Bmw?

Sep.7 (GMM) In the buzz of the post-race paddock at Spa-Francorchamps, it was rumoured and reported that former double world champion Fernando Alonso will switch from Renault to BMW-Sauber for the 2009 season and beyond.

The information was transmitted from the Belgian venue by the Italian television channel Sky, who said the Spaniard's contract could be for a three-year period.

The rumour comes just one day after Honda boss Ross Brawn admitted he is also waiting on the 27-year-old's decision, and ongoing speculation that Alonso wants to use his team for next year only as a springboard to a Ferrari seat perhaps in 2010.

Alonso would not be drawn on the reports.

"For weeks I have said I will only consider my future at the end of September. My priority at the moment is to help Renault to fourth place in the constructors' championship," he is quoted as saying by Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.

Well, one of all these rumours will end up being true, so maybe this is my chance to say "you heard it from me first!" :P

I hope he stays at Renault ( :wub: ), though.

Edit: Source

[quote name='Quiet One' post='265326' date='Sep 7 2008, 03:44 PM']Well, one of all these rumours will end up being true, so maybe this is my chance to say "you heard it from me first!" :P

Edit: [url="http://www.f1way.com/news/2008/september/7/alonso-signs-three-year-bmw-deal---report"]Source[/url][/quote]
What happens to Nick??

:lol: I wonder what his logic is there, obviously Kubica is not short of anything when it comes to racing, or noses. Sorry. The point is if rookie Hammy had him flustered in 07 Kubica will have him bricking it in 09.

BMW and Alonso :wub:

This is a message for Fernando,who obviously reads these forums and has a crush on Paul,but that's another issue :whistling: :

Hey,amigo,

repeate conmeegow:

RED=BAD

BMW=GOOD

:lol: I wonder what his logic is there, obviously Kubica is not short of anything when it comes to racing, or noses. Sorry. The point is if rookie Hammy had him flustered in 07 Kubica will have him bricking it in 09.

I predict a flood of Piotr's posts crying "unfair preferential treatment for Nando!" over the next 3 years, though ;)

He moves to Rio de Janeiro and lives happily ever after by Katy's side. :unsure:

:lol:

Brought me an image of the song 'me voy a Rio porque alli bailo con ellaaaaa'

He moves to Rio de Janeiro and lives happily ever after by Katy's side. :unsure:

...and leaves his beard behind, with Abba. In the 70's.

Seriously, wherever he ends up, I hope he's in contention next year for the title again. Its been a tough year not seeing him win... :(

Good news - hope it's true, BMW have proved to be pretty damn good. And why he'd consider going to Honda, even with Ross there, is remarkable - he seems to have made no difference so far..........

Good news - hope it's true, BMW have proved to be pretty damn good. And why he'd consider going to Honda, even with Ross there, is remarkable - he seems to have made no difference so far..........

Frankly, seeing Honda's performance this race I'd rather hire Piquet Jr. anyday, at least I could blame it on the drivers in that case.

So, its ok for BMW to work on their 2009 car now, and not Honda? Even though Ross is not technical director, and he is team principal, you will see the difference in the car next year. Guaranteed. Quote me on this if I'm wrong and I will streak down Northampton's busiest street, with pics. :lol: (Don't get too excited, cause it won't happen)

So, its ok for BMW to work on their 2009 car now, and not Honda? Even though Ross is not technical director, and he is team principal, you will see the difference in the car next year. Guaranteed. Quote me on this if I'm wrong and I will streak down Northampton's busiest street, with pics. :lol: (Don't get too excited, cause it won't happen)

Well everyone it seems to be concentrating on the 2009 car which is supposed to be different than this season....

Well everyone it seems to be concentrating on the 2009 car which is supposed to be different than this season....

No no no...we are all promising oursleves right now that no matter whether Honduh ends up winning next year's WDC and WCC, we will still maintain that no difference can be noticed. And then we will all move to Northampton! :drool:

Well who has said that Kubica is safe there at BMW for next season?

Robert had a altercation with his team (apparantely) at Spa because he wanted the car tuned to a certin specification and the team responded in a different way, so its rumoured anyways, also in Valencia i think it was he could barely make eye contact at his boss Mario Theisson because since Kubica's Canadian Grand prix victory, BMW has focused their intentions on next years car when robert feels they should have developed this car because at the time he was in a real shout for the world title.

And he sorta still is now actually, so.....

And Nick with his experience and the fact his german would help his chances to be Alonso's team mate for next year if its actually true, also Nick would make the perfect No.2 as well, his the sorta driver when ever you see him his usually in the points, his a reliabe and a canny racer.

So probally a Heidfeld and Alonso line up on the cards for BMW for next year, with Kubica off to Honda and Barrichello rounding off his career at Renault alongside Romain Grosjean.

Robert had a altercation with his team (apparantely) at Spa because he wanted the car tuned to a certin specification and the team responded in a different way, so its rumoured anyways, also in Valencia i think it was he could barely make eye contact at his boss Mario Theisson because since Kubica's Canadian Grand prix victory, BMW has focused their intentions on next years car when robert feels they should have developed this car because at the time he was in a real shout for the world title.

And Nick with his experience and the fact his german would help his chances to be Alonso's team mate for next year if its actually true, also Nick would make the perfect No.2 as well, his the sorta driver when ever you see him his usually in the points, his a reliabe and a canny racer.

So probally a Heidfeld and Alonso line up on the cards for BMW for next year, with Kubica off to Honda and Barrichello rounding off his career at Renault alongside Romain Grosjean.

Really? Kubica leave BMW, I thought he'd already signed his contract? Besides it's pretty well known that the relationship between Kubica/BMW is awkward but effective, he is very direct and honest with the team and they are the same with him.

No no no...we are all promising oursleves right now that no matter whether Honduh ends up winning next year's WDC and WCC, we will still maintain that no difference can be noticed. And then we will all move to Northampton! :drool:

What about Force India? I think they will also move up a bit more next year (today Sutil beat Button while Barri retired)

I think all teams except STR have focused on next year, another reason for such an incrreased race pace of STR (pure speculation )

So your telling me Kubica will leave BMW for Honda. I think with all said and done, he still likes BMW and BMW want him as he got them their first win...

Well, one of all these rumours will end up being true, so maybe this is my chance to say "you heard it from me first!" :P

Edit: Source

I like this rumor the best: "Alonso stays at Renault because there are no open seats at the top teams and he wont pull a Jensen Button"

I like this rumor the best: "Alonso stays at Renault because there are no open seats at the top teams and he wont pull a Jensen Button"

Do you have a source for that? :D

Spanish media so far found only a small article that Alonso will try to get the contract signed with Ferrari for 2010 soon, otherwise he will likely select BMW......who knows

Really? Kubica leave BMW, I thought he'd already signed his contract? Besides it's pretty well known that the relationship between Kubica/BMW is awkward but effective, he is very direct and honest with the team and they are the same with him.

Well a contract is worth nothing in formula one nowadays isnt it, there are always clauses in which a team or a driver can find if they are un happy with one or another aye

What about Force India? I think they will also move up a bit more next year (today Sutil beat Button while Barri retired)

I think all teams except STR have focused on next year, another reason for such an incrreased race pace of STR (pure speculation )

So your telling me Kubica will leave BMW for Honda. I think with all said and done, he still likes BMW and BMW want him as he got them their first win...

Well recently in the forums the ppl here were talking about a what if Kubica left BMW for Honda, seems unlikely but where else would he go? Toro Rosso or Renault? Honda would pay alot of money to partner him alongside Rubens Barrichello.

Also having 2 no1 in the same team for BMW will not work, especially if Alonso is there, Heidfeld would act as a rear gaurd for Fernando and nick also has alot of formula one experience, it just seems like the better option, also Heidfeld will be cheaper than Kubica also, and his result last night may have convinced the BMW bosses to keep him for another year until they are ready to put christian Klien in that car for 2010.

Funny thing, I thought you were over this. Just take a look at videos from last season and observe who actually complained (repeatedly) and who was actually flustered. You will be amazed at how consistently you have Hamilton and entourage waving their arms, yelling, as well as endlessly and openly accusing others.

Anyway, I expect no problems (if the switch is true), rather the opposite. Kubica and Alonso would be the best pair in the field and BMW would jump forward, no question about it... and, hopefully, it might just be what Ferrari and McLaren need to be forced to clean house and get their act back together. Hopefully.

^^^ ****, you're a d#ck

I don't care where Alonso winds up - he's not going to be competitive, read in the hunt for a WDC, unless he is in a Ferrari or a McLaren. All four of those seats are taken.

So the rules are a-changing for '09. So what? It's not going to make much difference. McLaren and Ferrari will still be out the front, and the rest will be there or there about.

I honestly expect Alonso to stay at Renault for another year. At the end of the day, the team as actually gotten better throughout the year, and Nelson Jr seems to be under some better management.

A move to BMW would see him sitting alongside Robert, and even though they might play poker together, Fred will throw the toys when Robert shows dominance. A move to Honda will be like tumbleweed in the wild west...Nando-who? will be the only result, and if Jenson stays and is as good as all you Brits believe, then in all likelyhood he'll match Fred all over the park.

He won't be moving to Red Bull, nor STR. He sure as eggs isn't going to Force India. Which only leaves Toyota and Williams. Frank would probably like Nando on the team, but he's not going to swap Nico for Nando, and he won't want to lose his Toyota engines through dropping Nakster. So perhaps Toyota, who have both the money and resources, and a possible free seat.

But Toyota is no better, nor worse than Renault. Why change engineers etc for no better result? I expect Fred to sign for Renault for one more year, at least. If not, and I'm wrong, GR will do a nudey dash :P