Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Alonso To Bmw?

Alonso deserves a better car. Either a future BMW or Ferrari would be good.

I agree, it can only be good for F1 having Alonso wrestling for the championship with Kimi and Lewis, the way it should be.... whoever can provide him with the best car to be able too.....

But he won't be an equal standing driver, and certainly not a number 2, and thats his problem.

He ruined his pitlane stock comprehensively last year, and it will take some time to repay that debt. Only a midfield team will give in to his demands.

So if Kubi is at Beemer for next year, then there is no option for The Monobrow but Renault for 2009. At least Reanult KNOW how to win. Toyota, Red Bull, Honda, etc have yet to do that.

For all we know, BMW could be having one of those "sublime-Sauber-years" where they finish best of the rest, then hardly score a point the following year.

So they will chuck out Button? In your theory does Button retire??

Why Christian Klien?? Surely they would prefer some new GP2 driver instead (Senna etc)...

But anyways i think Kubica and Alonso will be a troubled season(Alonso needs a no 2 and his "barrichello" has moved on) but tthe only likely scenerio if Alonso is going to BMW.... I think he'll stay at Reno.

Klien showed his talent up against DC in 2005 and only lost his seat because well he lost it to Mark Webber (Gods gift to formula one full stop.) Nuff said.

Klien was very young when he started in F1 and i expect him now to be mature and smart when setting up a car and his still young, but experienced and i think with that he will be a future Alexander Wurz...

someone BMW need in their race seat and not in their test driver role, his a talent being wasted for following his dreams and that is so sad.

But Button has done absolutely nothing in the Honda this year, aye and Barrichello has scored 11 points, should have been 14 including Melbourne compared to Buttons 3 in a attriction filled to the max Spanish Grand Prix.

They are extremely close on the track usually but with Honda choosing Riccardo Patrese to test the Honda, it must mean they are looking for some kind of record by racing 2 drivers who have raced in over 500 gp's.

Button better watch his back, not Rubens if he wants to be retained for next year cos he has got Alonso, Kubica and Patrese all interested in that Honda seat.

After his horrendous performance this year and hsi prima donnaish rantings?

I think he deserves to be spanked by Max and Ron.

Yeah but the main thing with Button is his whole fiasco of signing with Williams and cancelling that to go to Honda....

Point taken, but even with the Williams incident, he's still proved his loyalty to a team that hasn't given him a championship winning car.

I'm sure somewhere in his contract there must be a clause to say something along the lines of Button is free to leave if he doesn't score X amount of points or has X many podiums/wins.... and still he stays.

Besides it was the CRB that recognised Honda's claim, he bought himself out of the retainer by Williams.... Kay and I have had this debate several times, nobody wins! :lol:

The boy would accept such a penalty if they guarantee a competitive car for him next year. :(

I agree, it can only be good for F1 having Alonso wrestling for the championship with Kimi and Lewis, the way it should be.... whoever can provide him with the best car to be able too.....

Agreed, dont forget Vettel and Kubi!

But he won't be an equal standing driver, and certainly not a number 2, and thats his problem.

He ruined his pitlane stock comprehensively last year, and it will take some time to repay that debt. Only a midfield team will give in to his demands.

So if Kubi is at Beemer for next year, then there is no option for The Monobrow but Renault for 2009. At least Reanult KNOW how to win. Toyota, Red Bull, Honda, etc have yet to do that.

For all we know, BMW could be having one of those "sublime-Sauber-years" where they finish best of the rest, then hardly score a point the following year.

But can't win.

Alonso and Kubica are friends though, so it may work them both being in the same team.

I wonder how long they'd stay friends though, they're both so competitive and naturally gifted racers, it's difficult for guys like them to be beaten by a team-mate.

Agreed, dont forget Vettel and Kubi!

Yep there are a good number of drivers (at least 4) who should be in a top car yet there are usually only two teams capable of delivering.

About time we could go back to our old animosity! It's boring to agree with you :P

Ok, I was wondering what happened to all the "Nando is a whiner" around here. He took very calmly Nakajima's crash on him (that b#####d!!!!), he keeps saying that "the team" (yes, "the team", take notice, Mr.Fedup) is doing a great job, took his 4th place which could have been a podium with a smile...

So, what's all that ranting noise then you may ask? Who is the arrogant prick who said he is number 2 to no one, even Schumacher? Who is tearing his clothes and pulling at his hair yelling "Injustice"!!! Oh, it doesn't come from Nando's field, this time... ;)

About time we could go back to our old animosity! It's boring to agree with you :P

Ok, I was wondering what happened to all the "Nando is a whiner" around here. He took very calmly Nakajima's crash on him (that b#####d!!!!), he keeps saying that "the team" (yes, "the team", take notice, Mr.Fedup) is doing a great job, took his 4th place which could have been a podium with a smile...

So, what's all that ranting noise then you may ask? Who is the arrogant prick who said he is number 2 to no one, even Schumacher? Who is tearing his clothes and pulling at his hair yelling "Injustice"!!! Oh, it doesn't come from Nando's field, this time... ;)

Why? Because he's already signed his soul away for next year so he doesn't give a damn anymore. Or maybe he found Kimi's mojo :eusa_think::lol:

I must say I'm extremely puzzled by the British media's reaction.I didn't know they were so stupid and I must say,seriously,that they're worse than Marca.Far worse.(In general)(There must be exceptions,I hope.)

As long as not he's not TF1 member cavallino's list of the divine (who lost the title crashing a wall, ramming Heidfeld and doing a parking job) then he deserves a BMW or Ferrari seat.

Prima donna, this coming from you ...

Name one world champion since Jackie Stewart that wasn't a prima donna and/or an a*****e and/or cheater ?!

Come on, I dare you pussy boy !!!

Alonso and Kubica are friends though, so it may work them both being in the same team.

Yeah Friendship is all good, until it gets down to Business... Alonso needs a number 2 in the team and if there is any threat he feels threatened and starts a drama show....

Point taken, but even with the Williams incident, he's still proved his loyalty to a team that hasn't given him a championship winning car.

I'm sure somewhere in his contract there must be a clause to say something along the lines of Button is free to leave if he doesn't score X amount of points or has X many podiums/wins.... and still he stays.

Besides it was the CRB that recognised Honda's claim, he bought himself out of the retainer by Williams.... Kay and I have had this debate several times, nobody wins! :lol:

Sorry to say, But he never had a chance/option to go anywhere.....

Why? Because he's already signed his soul away for next year so he doesn't give a damn anymore. Or maybe he found Kimi's mojo :eusa_think::lol:

:lol: Kimi needs to put a tracker on his mojo to see who has been using it...

I must say I'm extremely puzzled by the British media's reaction.I didn't know they were so stupid and I must say,seriously,that they're worse than Marca.Far worse.(In general)(There must be exceptions,I hope.)

Yeah the British media are really baised. I can't remember of any newspaper not calling Hamilton God....

Alonso in BMW is only going create trouble & instability .. just IMO!

Yup, he has certainly created that opinion in peoples mind.

I agree. But all must remember what exactly he did in a competitive car last year. It wasn't all that great.

And with the abundance of talented drivers at the moment, finding a team who is willing to give Fernando exactly what he wants is going to prove to be very differcult indeed.

It will certainly help to a degree.

As long as not he's not TF1 member cavallino's list of the divine (who lost the title crashing a wall, ramming Heidfeld and doing a parking job) then he deserves a BMW or Ferrari seat.

Prima donna, this coming from you ...

Name one world champion since Jackie Stewart that wasn't a prima donna and/or an a*****e and/or cheater ?!

Come on, I dare you pussy boy !!!

I love you too B)

Yeah Friendship is all good, until it gets down to Business... Alonso needs a number 2 in the team and if there is any threat he feels threatened and starts a drama show....

Sorry to say, But he never had a chance/option to go anywhere.....

last week when Alonso was in Warsaw he said in the interview that if he drove alongside Robert in one team and Robert would have a better chance to become a champion at the end of the season, he would play supporting role for him. He also said that he hopes to drive with him in one team very soon.

Oh Lewis, maybe because of his inexperience and brashness, big head or maybe as they say it he is a bit fick, but yeah, it's painful to read Lewis' interviews.

Anyway.

My opinion is Alonso is nowhere near the driver he was in 2006 (car? attitude? age? I don't know), and he has been quite amateurish this year, even relative to the field, which is the worst we have had in ages. So I just found Mr. Doh's post funny when he says he deserves a Ferrari drive. Interestingly enough, I think Alonso feels the same, which is where a lot of his issues come from. He has to get used to the fact that any driver who sticks around in F1, however good, will spend time pottering around the midfield, and if he is very lucky, will have a car to challenge for the championship for about half his career.

Oh Lewis, maybe because of his inexperience and brashness, big head or maybe as they say it he is a bit fick, but yeah, it's painful to read Lewis' interviews.

Anyway.

My opinion is Alonso is nowhere near the driver he was in 2006 (car? attitude? age? I don't know), and he has been quite amateurish this year, even relative to the field, which is the worst we have had in ages. So I just found Mr. Doh's post funny when he says he deserves a Ferrari drive. Interestingly enough, I think Alonso feels the same, which is where a lot of his issues come from. He has to get used to the fact that any driver who sticks around in F1, however good, will spend time pottering around the midfield, and if he is very lucky, will have a car to challenge for the championship for about half his career.

Let's not forget he started at Minardi and had to struggle with a midfield Renault from 2002 to 2004. Nobody gave him nothing for free.

Is he a worst driver than before? Hard to tell. The car is certainly awful. Besides looking worryingly unstable, the engine is as fast as a donkey with arthritis. At Spa, it wasn't even on the 8 fastest lap records, yet he managed a not too shabby 4th place, so I still give him credit.

last week when Alonso was in Warsaw he said in the interview that if he drove alongside Robert in one team and Robert would have a better chance to become a champion at the end of the season, he would play supporting role for him. He also said that he hopes to drive with him in one team very soon.

Saying is a lot different than actually doing... I will wait till then... If he does, i would be quite happy with him. I mainly hated him for his attitude, but looking at this year, he much more calm and controlled which is why i am shifting my opinion of him....

Very interesting.

Thank you.