Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

samfraser

F1 Fans To Boycott Monza

After a brilliant win by Hamilton yesterday, and subsequent demotion due to being too fast for Ferrari, it's now pretty much official that the FIA will penalise Mclaren to the point of inventing incidents to penalise for!

The only way to stops this is for all the F1 fans that agree, which from the posts I've read are most non-Ferrari supporters, that we boycott the next race at Monza. If we don't stand together this fantastic sport is dead.

Yeah but theres one major flaw in this boycott plan...

Most of the fans that go to monza are Ferrari fans, nearly 80%+ are Ferrari fans. No one would even notice the boycott!? ;) (if it indeed went ahead). Im pretty sure Ferrari fans wont be bothered by the penalty either.

To be honest I do feel the penalty was very harsh but, Ill wait for Mclarens appeal and see the outcome. The FIA do have a fair point as he didnt really let Kimi pass for long enough and Hammy did gain an advantage from cutting the track, but its still a very harsh penalty.

Too late now.

It should have been started in Monza 2006.

indeed.if hamilton's penalty is supposed to be unfair,then what should fernando say about his penalty in monza!? :P

indeed.if hamilton's penalty is supposed to be unfair,then what should fernando say about his penalty in monza!? :P

:clap3:

That's my angie... Errr, Alonso's angie. :lol:

The naughty little Spaniard should apologise and promise never to be in front of Massa again. That should do it. :whistling:

Sorry but this next race should be a dany with all the drama from the week before , the action should be heated , now if there and official drivers UNION and they had called a "Strike" or a "Boycott" then as a long standing union member I would have no choice but to switch channels but , since there is none of that business going on , I and my sweetie are looking forward to Monza . That rat b#####d Bernie took the USA off the calendar so to get our F1 fix we gotta watch the Tellie .

We don't agree with the stewards call but that isn't something we as fans can change , we as fans shouldn't dictate the out come of a race after the fact and neither should the race stewards and the stewards are under the control of bigger bosses who should come down from their throne and take back the sport we all love and admire . As a Ferrari fan I think it was wrong and the race should stand as it had ended or they could declare Kimi the winner and really make some waves .

The naughty little Spaniard should apologise and promise never to be in front of Massa again. That should do it. :whistling:

He is doing it this season I think. :P

Here's an interesting point...

Im not sure if this has any relevence to the penalty but if Hamilton got a penalty for supposible cutting the track and gaining an advantage surely Raikonnen gained an advantage when driving on the run off area in pouhon?! Even the crazy commentator said "Kimi lost NO time" while Hamilton tryed making the corner even though he went off? If Kimi tryed making the corner he wouldnt have been to close in fagnes?

Video, look at 2:20

Surely Raikonnen should then get a penalty surely too? If not then Hamilton doesnt deserve one.

:lol::lol::lol:

The ruling FIA is a Joke. Lots of us have been saying it for years. Alonso has been screwed more then once. Funny when it is your favorite driver involved, your perception is different. Fact is it is no worse this year then any of the previous years. So no, sorry, but I will not boycott. :lol:

Bring back the gravel traps and we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Hamilton would have been pushed into the beach, and that is where he woiuld have stayed.

Remember last year, where they lifted Hamilton's car our of the Gravel and then let him to continue to race. That was a horrible FIA decision as well. :D

Here's an interesting point...

Im not sure if this has any relevence to the penalty but if Hamilton got a penalty for supposible cutting the track and gaining an advantage surely Raikonnen gained an advantage when driving on the run off area in pouhon?! Even the crazy commentator said "Kimi lost NO time" while Hamilton tryed making the corner even though he went off? If Kimi tryed making the corner he wouldnt have been to close in fagnes?

Video, look at 2:20

Surely Raikonnen should then get a penalty surely too? If not then Hamilton doesnt deserve one.

How do you plan to apply a drive-through penalty to a guy that crashed?

Rabid lewisterics, the most amusing bunch nowadays...

Well wont Raikonnen be at the next race?

Is there no such thing as grid penalties anymore?

Im sorry have the FIA changed the rules once again?

I am surprised they didn't retroactively red flag the race so that KR got the win :thbdn:

I am surprised they didn't retroactively red flag the race so that KR got the win :thbdn:

On account of what crane?

After a brilliant win by Hamilton yesterday, and subsequent demotion due to being too fast for Ferrari, it's now pretty much official that the FIA will penalise Mclaren to the point of inventing incidents to penalise for!

The only way to stops this is for all the F1 fans that agree, which from the posts I've read are most non-Ferrari supporters, that we boycott the next race at Monza. If we don't stand together this fantastic sport is dead.

Just had a thought. Suppose ALL the drivers decided to boycott Monza. I am sure they all agree Lewis won fair and square - even KR and PM.

Well, if anybody has tickets and is going to boycott, send them to me, I would be very willing to give myself to the cause and attend in your stead.

you mean people that bought tickets, not going? good for bernie, he can 'overbook' then.

Just had a thought. Suppose ALL the drivers decided to boycott Monza. I am sure they all agree Lewis won fair and square - even KR and PM.

thats not happening. simply because it wouldnt work if ALL of them didn't agree. and we know Ferrari wont. And Nick wont. And STR wont. So... No one's gon ruin his race just cus lil Lewis is crying.