Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

samfraser

F1 Fans To Boycott Monza

Question: Did Fangio cut a chicane to win at the Nurburgring in '57? I seem to remember reading a while back that he did.

Are you not Murray Walker? Or it is some kind of stupid F1 trivia...

:eusa_think:

I'd say I've posted about that before.

Muzza doesn't like Pot Noodle.

And how do you know such a private thing?

Why are we boycotting Russ? Unless it's a campaign against bald people, in which case I fully support it. Down with the baldies, particularly Alonso - Renault loving sexual perverts :angry:

Yeah! Down with them! Burn! Burn! Burn!

:unsure::whistling::eekout:

He talks in his sleep.

Oh, sorry about that, I see it's serious. :(

But it would be worse if he typed in his sleep. :eusa_think:

:lol: I think we're all in the same boat!

Tip: the way to impress me is to remember random things I say. ;)

Ok,let's have a go:

-You're half scottish,thus save a lot of money on underwear.

-You are not sexist.

-You don't like showers.

You're using l-o-t-s of dashes today. It's good. Btw I like your earrings. :)

thanks for telling me... ah... two days later. :lol:

Ok,let's have a go:

-You are not sexist.

-You don't like showers.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrgh!

Oh, sorry about that, I see it's serious. :(

But it would be worse if he typed in his sleep. :eusa_think:

Ouch! Maybe I'm nice when I'm asleep?

Ok,let's have a go:

-You are not sexist.

-You don't like showers.

:lol: That's good! But I don't really save much money because I spend a fortune on my lingerie.

thanks for telling me... ah... two days later. :lol:

Well, I was so close to telling you I liked your ears - they're so big and shiny. (It's slang for earrings, and much funnier.)

-You can roll your "r"s.

(yeah, for suuuuuure) :P

Any Scotsman can roll their Rs. No wonder Spanish comes so easily to me.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrgh!

Cute people don't sweat. :)

yea but cute people take showers for fun even though.

That's precisely what he doesn't like to do.

yea but cute people take showers for fun even though.

I can do that elsewhere! Oh wait, you mean just to wash. Yeah I just prefer baths, but Elgo forgot that detail so she loses marks.

Murray about the Ring '57

The other Ferrari was right there. It was coming nearer, swaying from side to side as Hawthorn really piled it on. I began to wonder if I was going to get through, but the opportunity came by itself just before Breidscheid, about halfway around the circuit. There were several bends, then a short straight in which we could breathe a bit, and then two bends, a 90-degree left and a sharp right. On the straight, with trees beside and in front of us, and a cliff to our left, Mike went right to take an ideal line when he came to the bend.

That was my chance. I hurled the car into the inside of the bend. I think I must have put two wheels on the grass verge because otherwise the two of us wouldn't have made it through. Mike did a double take when he saw me where he didn't expect me, and he lost the fine edge of his driving for a moment. Well, that's the way it goes. You should never let the other guy have the inside of your bend.

So I got into the lead and at this moment I really turned it on because I wanted to get clear away as soon as I could to avoid any surprises from the boys behind me.

Ok thanks people for your interesting comments. Best reply for me was Alan333

"Jeez what do you people want, one minute it's harder racing with more overtaking and the next it's boo hoo I don't want to play with the big boys. Ham clearly gave the place back so if Kimi wants the lead again he should go and get it. Let them race. It was great to see Ham and Kimi going toe to toe and Kimi lost, on other days he has won. Do we want cautious drivers fearful of dumb stewards or the best giving their all to beat each other."

I think Kimi is a good driver, I think Lewis is a good driver...in fact given his lack of experience he's an awesome driver! For me it's clear, there was no way Lewis could've had any advantage after giving Kimi back the lead. In fact Kimi would have more of an advantage due to him having a better run out of the corner and Lewis having to lift off.

It was good racing by both drivers and Lewis has been penalised for that, thanks FIA for killing racing! :angry:

We want clear, understandable and equal rules for all. And That's all. Hamilton wouldn't have done that if the rule had been clear and understandable.

I kind of agree with that but also have to say Ham would have been instructed to give the place back if Macca hadn't gotten two separate assurances that the move was ok

Ok thanks people for your interesting comments. Best reply for me was Alan333

"Jeez what do you people want, one minute it's harder racing with more overtaking and the next it's boo hoo I don't want to play with the big boys. Ham clearly gave the place back so if Kimi wants the lead again he should go and get it. Let them race. It was great to see Ham and Kimi going toe to toe and Kimi lost, on other days he has won. Do we want cautious drivers fearful of dumb stewards or the best giving their all to beat each other."

I think Kimi is a good driver, I think Lewis is a good driver...in fact given his lack of experience he's an awesome driver! For me it's clear, there was no way Lewis could've had any advantage after giving Kimi back the lead. In fact Kimi would have more of an advantage due to him having a better run out of the corner and Lewis having to lift off.

It was good racing by both drivers and Lewis has been penalised for that, thanks FIA for killing racing! :angry:

Thanks

:lol::lol:

I was more concerned with the overtaking after cutting the chicane than the action you're discussing, at the time I thought Hamilton had nowhere else to go, I think it's too debatable, and I'm not one to say if Hamilton could've just braked or not.

So I'll jusst agree with whatever George says in the thread xD :P

:lol: A very wise choice there, everybody take note (it'll be easier in the long run :P )

Ok we can argue until the cows come home about the penalty imposed on Lewis but the point I'm going to make here is what should the rule be to try and make this rule a little more clear cut. Here are a couple of suggestions:

1) The car in question allows the other car to regain the position and is unable to challenge / attempt pass again for a corner.

2) The car in question allows the other car to regain the position and has to drop back a certain distance (1 second)

3) The car in question allows the other car to regain the position and the driver issued a 5 second penalty which can be served at a pitstop or added to the overall time of the driver if no other pit stops are needed.

I'm not saying that I agree with any of the suggestions i've but forward, but just thought that I would try and put forward some suggestions which may make the whole situation a little clearer.

Thoughts????

What Murray says: No overtaking until the next braking zone.

I like option 1.

So errr now what do we do? :lol:

:lol:

Jeez what do you people want, one minute it's harder racing with more overtaking and the next it's boo hoo I don't want to play with the big boys. Ham clearly gave the place back so if Kimi wants the lead again he should go and get it. Let them race. It was great to see Ham and Kimi going toe to toe and Kimi lost, on other days he has won. Do we want cautious drivers fearful of dumb stewards or the best giving their all to beat each other.

Good post.

Hi George! :) Thanks for sharing, but Raikkonen Fans Anonymous meet down the road.

I like your thinking. It's quite hard to come up with a well defined rule. I like your option (1) best, or perhaps we could say 'no overtaking until after the next breaking zone' rather than corner because there are some sweeeping corners that serve more like straights. For chicanes that are likely to be controversial we could alternatively have specific rules agreed beforehand, so eg for the bus stop at spa: thou shalt not pass until after la source, should thou cutteth ye olde chicane.

:lol:

No, the issue you have is that you believe Lewis did it on purpose. That's fine, if that's your view. However, I don't think there's any evidence that he gunned it across the run off area or even did it deliberately, so we will have to agree to disagree.

Also, saying that Kimi should get a 25s penalty too, but it makes negligible difference, because he crashed, seems a bit absurd. By your interpretation of the rules, anyone who is not going to finish with many points, or no points, would be pretty much able to do what they want because the penalty would not really affect them.

Not sure why you find this absurd/ Kimi should have been penalized. I only stated that a 25 second penalty to a guy that crashes out is not gonna effect his race one bit. So Give Kimi the 25 second penalty, and see how much that changes the result.??? Hmmmm no effect. go figure.