Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

samfraser

F1 Fans To Boycott Monza

Just had a thought. Suppose ALL the drivers decided to boycott Monza. I am sure they all agree Lewis won fair and square - even KR and PM.

Wow.

The dilusion it takes to write something like that.

Rain - not crane!!!!!!!!

It is funnier because you didn't get the joke.

Well, if anybody has tickets and is going to boycott, send them to me, I would be very willing to give myself to the cause and attend in your stead.

I second that.

Just had a thought. Suppose ALL the drivers decided to boycott Monza. I am sure they all agree Lewis won fair and square - even KR and PM.

Wow, gather around people, look what we have here - a proper real genuine re-vo-loo-shu-nai-ree :o They haven't been seen since the 60s and were presumed extinct.

thats not happening. simply because it wouldnt work if ALL of them didn't agree. and we know Ferrari wont. And Nick wont. And STR wont. So... No one's gon ruin his race just cus lil Lewis is crying.

There is a point that we are taking into consideration here, it's true that LH let Kimi pass after he cut the chicane but what he didn't do was to let Kimi take the gap that he was suppose to have had LH not cut the chicane, he got a time advantage by cutting the chicane and he gave up the position but not the time he won, maybe this penalty was not that unfear as many here think.

you mean people that bought tickets, not going? good for bernie, he can 'overbook' then.

:lol:

I don't get all this fuss about the sanction!?It has happened always!And if a lifelong f1 fan quits seeing f1 because of this sanction!?then he hasn't seen as much as he thinks!!cause this FIA s##t is been there for ages!!

No one's gon ruin his race just cus lil Lewis is crying.

You know, to be honest, I haven't yet heard Hamilton whine. He probably has to the Bristish press and we'll get the full of it in a few hours but, still, it would be nice to have the guy behave like an adult... for once.

And more so since, in my opinion, he got screwed over.

:lol:

I don't get all this fuss about the sanction!?It has happened always!And if a lifelong f1 fan quits seeing f1 because of this sanction!?then he hasn't seen as much as he thinks!!cause this FIA s##t is been there for ages!!

You are right I rememeber that FIA penalized Schumi for that Monaco qualifying incident when it ws clear that MS lost control and did an wonderful job saving his car from crashing but all we can do is just live with these sanction there are going to continue hanging around for a long time.

There is a point that we are taking into consideration here, it's true that LH let Kimi pass after he cut the chicane but what he didn't do was to let Kimi take the gap that he was suppose to have had LH not cut the chicane, he got a time advantage by cutting the chicane and he gave up the position but not the time he won, maybe this penalty was not that unfear as many here think.

yes it wasnt unfair. at all.

After a brilliant win by Hamilton yesterday, and subsequent demotion due to being too fast for Ferrari, it's now pretty much official that the FIA will penalise Mclaren to the point of inventing incidents to penalise for!

The only way to stops this is for all the F1 fans that agree, which from the posts I've read are most non-Ferrari supporters, that we boycott the next race at Monza. If we don't stand together this fantastic sport is dead.

May I say your definition of F1 fan does not make any sense. I'm only seeing Hamilton/McLaren fans not agreeing with the penalty imposed.

I'm neither a Ferrari or McLaren fan, and I still agree with the penalty. So, I will not be joining in with any future boycott or petition you may have planned. I will not stand with people that openly condone cheating!! All this FIA are on Ferrari's side is absolute crap nonsense.

There is bound to be incidents in the future where Ferrari/A N Other team are wrong. Would you complain then?

IF THE FIA WERE REALLY ON FERRARI'S SIDE - LAST YEARS CHEAT SCANDAL WOULD HAVE SEEN THEM TOTALLY DQ FROM THE WDC AND WCC, WITH NO OPTION TO RACE THIS YEAR EITHER.

Think about it...

May I say your definition of F1 fan does not make any sense. I'm only seeing Hamilton/McLaren fans not agreeing with the penalty imposed.

I'm neither a Ferrari or McLaren fan, and I still agree with the penalty. So, I will not be joining in with any future boycott or petition you may have planned. I will not stand with people that openly condone cheating!! All this FIA are on Ferrari's side is absolute crap nonsense.

There is bound to be incidents in the future where Ferrari/A N Other team are wrong. Would you complain then?

IF THE FIA WERE REALLY ON FERRARI'S SIDE - LAST YEARS CHEAT SCANDAL WOULD HAVE SEEN THEM TOTALLY DQ FROM THE WDC AND WCC, WITH NO OPTION TO RACE THIS YEAR EITHER.

Think about it...

Hi I'm George and I'm a Raikkonen fan, the penalty was a little harsh imo. But it's a judgement call, at least with this penalty I can see reasons why they gave it (I can see reasons, even though they haven't produced any ;) ).

Hi I'm George and I'm a Raikkonen fan, the penalty was a little harsh imo. But it's a judgement call, at least with this penalty I can see reasons why they gave it (I can see reasons, even though they haven't produced any ;) ).

Hi George!!!

Lewis Onboard Shot

He clearly had enough room behind Kimi to take the corner behind him, it was a clear thought out move by Lewis to cut the chicane - I really don't know why anybody is bothering to argue!

Believe it or not - I really like Lewis! ;)

And, as usual, I agree with him. 25 secs is too much for that, and if it had happened some years before it would have resulted in no penalty probably, but Hamilton's had bad luck.

Also, I haven't read anything but I'm sure he hasn't complained for now, because if he had it would be all over the forums, so well done to him, this time.

And, as usual, I agree with him. 25 secs is too much for that, and if it had happened some years before it would have resulted in no penalty probably, but Hamilton's had bad luck.

Also, I haven't read anything but I'm sure he hasn't complained for now, because if he had it would be all over the forums, so well done to him, this time.

No!! He hasn't!! If anything he was very lucky not to be black flagged. He still leads the championship and if the boy is as good as he claims to be, he will have no problem with getting on with it. Anyhow, to resolve the issue, please see above posted link.

Hi George!!!

Lewis Onboard Shot

He clearly had enough room behind Kimi to take the corner behind him, it was a clear thought out move by Lewis to cut the chicane - I really don't know why anybody is bothering to argue!

Believe it or not - I really like Lewis! ;)

The video you posted doesn't prove anything. How do you mean 'planned'? At what point did Lewis 'plan' to cut the chicane? Raikkonen rightly squeezed him and he had nowhere to go, so he really has to take the shortcut, as Massa says the move was 'optimistic'. What happens after that is the problem, I agree he doesn't let Kimi through properly and probably wouldn't have been able to pass him if he hadn't cut the chicane. But the point is that the rules should look at the situation as a whole*, and the penalty should be consistent and should fit the crime.

*As far as I'm concerned Hamilton had the legs on Kimi in difficult conditions, caught him, passed him and Kimi crashed. That's the end of it. The silly thing is that even if Hamilton is totally guilty of this minor crime of planning to cut a chicane, he still deserves the win more than a cruising Massa. Anyway another example of the FIA interfering with the racing.

The video you posted doesn't prove anything. How do you mean 'planned'?

Watching that video I think Hamilton didn't want to lift and drive behind Kimi through the chicane. He could have easily avoided cutting the chicane or he could have given Kimi some more room after that but he got behind his slipstream straight away. This penalty is still debatable but I think now I see much clearer why the stewards penalised him.

The video you posted doesn't prove anything. How do you mean 'planned'? At what point did Lewis 'plan' to cut the chicane? Raikkonen rightly squeezed him and he had nowhere to go, so he really has to take the shortcut, as Massa says the move was 'optimistic'. What happens after that is the problem, I agree he doesn't let Kimi through properly and probably wouldn't have been able to pass him if he hadn't cut the chicane. But the point is that the rules should look at the situation as a whole*, and the penalty should be consistent and should fit the crime.

*As far as I'm concerned Hamilton had the legs on Kimi in difficult conditions, caught him, passed him and Kimi crashed. That's the end of it. The silly thing is that even if Hamilton is totally guilty of this minor crime of planning to cut a chicane, he still deserves the win more than a cruising Massa. Anyway another example of the FIA interfering with the racing.

Of course it proves it George!! And by planned, I mean he knew the moment he committed to the turn.

Hamilton knew he could have easily passed Kimi standing up in the car waving his boxershorts in the air at the next turn - which is why this p**ses me off so much! And I don't like Massa as much as the next non-Massa-fan person (couldn't think of anything better to say!!!) but have you ever thought he was over-cautious after what happened when his engine blew on the final few laps a couple of races ago? Or that he was just clever enough to stay out of it.

Yeah, I want real action too, but not by silly actions - Lewis could have easily took the lead from Kimi.... easily.

Of course it proves it George!! And by planned, I mean he knew the moment he committed to the turn.

Hamilton knew he could have easily passed Kimi standing up in the car waving his boxershorts in the air at the next turn - which is why this p**ses me off so much! And I don't like Massa as much as the next non-Massa-fan person (couldn't think of anything better to say!!!) but have you ever thought he was over-cautious after what happened when his engine blew on the final few laps a couple of races ago? Or that he was just clever enough to stay out of it.

Yeah, I want real action too, but not by silly actions - Lewis could have easily took the lead from Kimi.... easily.

Well I at least agree that Hamiton is still dumb when it comes to overtaking, he should have waited. He's too arrogant and sometimes it really hurts him. Massa was clever in this one but that doesn't mean he deserves to 'win' this race, I think Lewis should have got a grid penalty at Monza if anything.

Well I at least agree that Hamiton is still dumb when it comes to overtaking, he should have waited. He's too arrogant and sometimes it really hurts him. Massa was clever in this one but that doesn't mean he deserves to 'win' this race, I think Lewis should have got a grid penalty at Monza if anything.

Agreed!!!

Watching that video I think Hamilton didn't want to lift and drive behind Kimi through the chicane. He could have easily avoided cutting the chicane or he could have given Kimi some more room after that but he got behind his slipstream straight away. This penalty is still debatable but I think now I see much clearer why the stewards penalised him.

The penalty is just. Hamilton made no attempt to use his brakes and fall in behind Kimi. He went for it, cutting across the parking lot keeping all the momentum he had. I think this was the right gutsy call to make, and to be honest I was absolutely floored when they announced the penalty. I never thought they had the balls to do it. I personally thought it was an incident that deserved to be looked at, but figured they would never take away the victory.

Again those two clowns should have just kept there station, and both of them would have been in better shape then they are today. Mindless, and although entertaining, was not very professional.

Kimi is just as guilty as Hamilton. When Kimi was hunting down Hamilton he went way far wide on the apron and kept up his speed and momuntum rather then stay within the boundries of the track. that my friends is the issue here. You are supposed to drive between the lines the same way you are not supposed to cross the merger line on the pit exit. That is the rule.

No point penalizing Kimi, he crashed out, but if he hadn't then I would be in favor of punishing him as well

So to Boycott F1 for this call is very leweristic .

Well, I am glad we agree that Lewis was much faster than Kimi at that time :-

CHAPTER IV - CODE OF DRIVING CONDUCT ON CIRCUITS

2. Overtaking

a) During a race, a car alone on the track may use the full width of

the said track. However, as soon as it is caught up on a straight

by a car which is either temporarily or constantly faster, the driver

shall give the other vehicle the right of way by pulling over to one

side in order to allow for passing on the other side.

Note that it doesn't say lapped car, by the way. So Kimi should have been penalised :whistling:

As for the onboard footage from Lewis' car, the only thing you could say from that is that it looks as though Lewis was ahead going into the corner, which we know not to be true. It's a wideangle lens, it does not give a true perspective and you cannot see anything else that is happening. For example, if you check out the speedtv footage on youtube, if it's still there, they have a good replay showing both Kimi and Lewis locking up into the corner, so they both had no more to give.

The penalty is just. Hamilton made no attempt to use his brakes and fall in behind Kimi. He went for it, cutting across the parking lot keeping all the momentum he had. I think this was the right gutsy call to make, and to be honest I was absolutely floored when they announced the penalty. I never thought they had the balls to do it. I personally thought it was an incident that deserved to be looked at, but figured they would never take away the victory.

Again those two clowns should have just kept there station, and both of them would have been in better shape then they are today. Mindless, and although entertaining, was not very professional.

Kimi is just as guilty as Hamilton. When Kimi was hunting down Hamilton he went way far wide on the apron and kept up his speed and momuntum rather then stay within the boundries of the track. that my friends is the issue here. You are supposed to drive between the lines the same way you are not supposed to cross the merger line on the pit exit. That is the rule.

No point penalizing Kimi, he crashed out, but if he hadn't then I would be in favor of punishing him as well

So to Boycott F1 for this call is very leweristic .

As I say in t'other post, check out the sppedtv footage that shows both Kimi and Lewis locking up going into the bus stop chicane.

Also, are you saying that because Kimi crashed out he should escape penalty?

Not sure if Raikkonen should be given a penalty.

A penalty usually means little or no points scored.

Raikkonen scored little or no points.

Ermmm, wouldn't that mean anybody who was going to finish out the points or 7th or 8th, would be able to get away with doing anything?? :lol: