Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

samfraser

F1 Fans To Boycott Monza

No, no, no. We don't have enough mountains/cliffs down here in southern-softie land and I think it was you that told me that the best place to shag a sheep was on the edge of a cliff....

...'cos they push back harder :D

I would never tell you something like that, it would require a level of thought process that I just don't posses. That's come from somebody who doesn't shag sheep on a regular basis so has time to plan the best strategy. No, wait............. :eusa_think:

Jeez what do you people want, one minute it's harder racing with more overtaking and the next it's boo hoo I don't want to play with the big boys. Ham clearly gave the place back so if Kimi wants the lead again he should go and get it. Let them race. It was great to see Ham and Kimi going toe to toe and Kimi lost, on other days he has won. Do we want cautious drivers fearful of dumb stewards or the best giving their all to beat each other.

You know, Alan, I am just going to chalk it up as 'one of those'. As many have said, hindsight is a wonderful thing and if he hadn't had overtaken Kimi the very next corner then he wouldn't have given the stewards an excuse to investigate. I accept that as a valid view, though I don't necessarily agree with it.

My gut instinct, at the time, was that he had to let Kimi back past him and I couldn't see anything wrong with then passing him into la source. I didn't imagine for 1 minute that there would be a penalty for it. I am going to stick with my gut instinct, but accept the view as per above.

At least there's only a few more days before the next controversial bollock up race :whistling::lol:

Jeez what do you people want, one minute it's harder racing with more overtaking and the next it's boo hoo I don't want to play with the big boys. Ham clearly gave the place back so if Kimi wants the lead again he should go and get it. Let them race. It was great to see Ham and Kimi going toe to toe and Kimi lost, on other days he has won. Do we want cautious drivers fearful of dumb stewards or the best giving their all to beat each other.

We want clear, understandable and equal rules for all. And That's all. Hamilton wouldn't have done that if the rule had been clear and understandable.

Hi I'm George and I'm a Raikkonen fan

Hi George! :) Thanks for sharing, but Raikkonen Fans Anonymous meet down the road.

Once he was on the run off area he could have easliy applied the brakes and pulled back on to the track, Instead he gunned it across the run off area and raced to catch KR. That is the problem.

I strongly suspect he did break because Kimi was faster on the straight. The question is did he break enough, and to me that seems unclear.

Thoughts????

I like your thinking. It's quite hard to come up with a well defined rule. I like your option (1) best, or perhaps we could say 'no overtaking until after the next breaking zone' rather than corner because there are some sweeeping corners that serve more like straights. For chicanes that are likely to be controversial we could alternatively have specific rules agreed beforehand, so eg for the bus stop at spa: thou shalt not pass until after la source, should thou cutteth ye olde chicane.

Question: Did Fangio cut a chicane to win at the Nurburgring in '57? I seem to remember reading a while back that he did.

We scousers never put our bollocks on a horse, we leave that to you desperate Argies! :lol:

:lol: They put their bollocks on cows, mince them up, tin them up, and sell them to us.

I believe you'll find that's the welsh or southern softies :lol:

I've never read such a load of southern softies.

I tend to agree. is it any wonder no one bothers trying to overtake in today's F1. Fernando tries it when he has nothing to lose and goes backwards for his troubles, same with Lewis, while Kova and Massa win races slow and steady.

:lol: They put their bollocks on cows, mince them up, tin them up, and sell them to us.

Tin them?? Not anymore, Muzza. Incidently, if anyone wants to buy this scouse delicacy, it's called Pot Noodle in the shops.

:lol: Haha no I meant the Argies' finest export: corned bollocks. Do you know, I've never tried Pot Noodle.

Surprisingly yes, I did know that. You have mentioned it before. And obviously my brain, being sufficently mixed up, decided it would remember that useless nugget of information, probably until the day I die :lol:

Bollocks to your bollocks! It's a chuffin wideangle lens, it makes closer objects appear further away! :lol:

What does the onboard footage prove - that Lewis deliberately drove into the run off area to gain an advantage? The camera doesn't even show him & Kimi locking up and that is quite important in the context of this incident.

And I think you'll find that the rule states quite clearly that Kimi should have moved over :whistling::lol:

Yes!! Thats what it proves, exactly.

Well - if that is the rule, which quite clearly is screwed as EVERYBODY knows you're allowed to defend against a faster car once. Plus, he had the line. Kimi did nothing wrong, except for screwing up his race by taking a few twirls.

Kimi fan here that thinks the penalty was unfair.

Thats bollocks too! :lol:

Wow! I love being tucked in, with a hot water bottle and a dummy, but you remember that too.

Ahhhhh, shoite. There goes remembering Mandy's, Jack's and Chloe's birthdays.......................I still remember that you don't like pot noodle, though. Weird :eusa_think:

Question: Did Fangio cut a chicane to win at the Nurburgring in '57? I seem to remember reading a while back that he did.

Who's this question for? :angry:

Pablo? Andres? :whistling:

Ahhhhh, shoite. There goes remembering Mandy's, Jack's and Chloe's birthdays.......................I still remember that you don't like pot noodle, though. Weird :eusa_think:

Yeah it is funny. Are you having your lunch break atm? I'm just putting off work while you're around. :P

:lol: Are they old enough to remember? I don't mind who answers honestly. Just thought it was interesting because if I remember rightly, back in the day they just ignored it because he deserved the win.

:lol: Are they old enough to remember?

Well, there's a period of time in life where you forget things easily... :(

I can't remember. :eusa_think:

:lol:

Yeah it is funny. Are you having your lunch break atm? I'm just putting off work while you're around. :P

Awww :wub:

Yes!! Thats what it proves, exactly.

Well - if that is the rule, which quite clearly is screwed as EVERYBODY knows you're allowed to defend against a faster car once. Plus, he had the line. Kimi did nothing wrong, except for screwing up his race by taking a few twirls.

Bollocks! :lol:

It is actually an FIA rule, no joke. I presume you are referring to the change direction once to defend rule? If so, then yep, it's right there under the same overtaking section. Good these FIA rules aren't they?? :lol:

Well, there's a period of time in life where you forget things easily... :(

I can't remember. :eusa_think:

:lol: I think we're all in the same boat!

Awww :wub:

Tip: the way to impress me is to remember random things I say. ;)

Muzza doesn't like Pot Noodle.

I am. I didn't have a pot noodle though :lol:

Bollocks! :lol:

It is actually an FIA rule, no joke. I presume you are referring to the change direction once to defend rule? If so, then yep, it's right there under the same overtaking section. Good these FIA rules aren't they?? :lol:

Oi, you scouse bollocking b#####d! We're both right then. Looks like the FIA need to clear that bit of nonsense up! :lol::lol:

Anyone remembers Kimi re-ti-red? Let's give him a drive through even though... Just for fun.

Why are we boycotting Russ? Unless it's a campaign against bald people, in which case I fully support it. Down with the baldies, particularly Alonso - Renault loving sexual perverts :angry:

Oi, you scouse bollocking b#####d! We're both right then. Looks like the FIA need to clear that bit of nonsense up! :lol::lol:

You didn't think I was serious when I said Kimi should be penalised did you??? Living away from this great city has dulled your senses :lol:

I knew about the change direction once to defend rule, I just didn't imagine there would be the 'thou shalt let anyone pass who is quicker than you' rule. No actually that's a lie, I thought there would be a rule like that, but only applicable to lapped cars.

Why are we boycotting Russ? Unless it's a campaign against bald people, in which case I fully support it. Down with the baldies, particularly Alonso - Renault loving sexual perverts :angry:

Because he abondoned us and it hurts. Ok???

I am. I didn't have a pot noodle though :lol:

Just the alcopop, today?

Anyone remembers Kimi re-ti-red? Let's give him a drive through even though... Just for fun.

You're using l-o-t-s of dashes today. It's good. Btw I like your earrings. :)

:lol: Indeed! I'll second that campaign. At least for the next few years...