Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

The Actual Incident Between Lewis And Kimi

So I was bored enough to look at the video.

Of course he got an advantage. Is everyone blind? The difference in speed down the straight means nothing, Ferrari has had faster straight line speeds in any case.

I don't get the whining, you go off the track, you should be thanking your luck for still being in the race. I don't care if it means not overtaking for the next 3 corners. And going for it on the very next corner is moronic.

Trulli agrees, and unlike Lauda, he has actually driven an F1 car this century.

Sorry to say you're wrong but you don't have the actual telemetry and Mclaren have theirs and they showed that there was a throttle lift from Lewis after he was back on the straight(6.7kphs slower than kimi to be exact) and Mclaren sought conformation TWICE from Race control that what Lewis did was okay....Also Ferrari were slower than Mclaren at Spa in terms of straight line speed AND going for it at the next corner is not moronic but proper 'balls of fire' motor racing.(something Gilles,Ayrton and your "Idol" MS would be proud of).

Sorry to say you're wrong but you don't have the actual telemetry and Mclaren have theirs and they showed that there was a throttle lift from Lewis after he was back on the straight(6.7kphs slower than kimi to be exact) and Mclaren sought conformation TWICE from Race control that what Lewis did was okay....Also Ferrari were slower than Mclaren at Spa in terms of straight line speed AND going for it at the next corner is not moronic but proper 'balls of fire' motor racing.(something Gilles,Ayrton and your "Idol" MS would be proud of).

What can you say about the time he gained in that move? he was suppose to be behind Kimi at the Chicane en he was suppose to start his acceleration later than Kimi giving Kimi a gap but he made that gap disappear by cutting the chicane, at that point were he let Kimi pass he was suppose to be several cars behind but he was just inches behind using the advantage he gained by cutting the chicane, if you don't see this you should be supporting FA.

I am sure there is more to the race control story, I don't see why that took 24 hours to come out.

Unlike you, I have limited faith in a team that repeatedly lied to the world all of last year.

Straightlining a chicane and using that momentum to pass a car is 'racing'?

Saying it was okay and then punishing him for breaching the rules is the most moronic thing FIA has ever done.

I guess that saying it was ok was moronic but retracting from that isn't moronic at all.

Saying it was okay and then punishing him for breaching the rules is the most moronic thing FIA has ever done.

Are you seriously saying that after all that has happened, you will take a Mclaren press release at face value?????

You Mclaren fans are something else..

My problem with the whole thing is:

Apparently, McLaren were told that the position return to Ferrari was Ok'd by race officials at the time.

My problem with the whole thing is:

Apparently, McLaren were told that the position return to Ferrari was Ok'd by race officials at the time.

it was just CW who said it was ok, I don't know if he was paying attention to this fight or he was looking at another part of the circuit and he was not among thoses who took the decision to penalized LH.

LH didnt let kimi in front right away and was accelerating almost at full throttle. And here is the problem imho. LH gained more speed from the last corner than Kimi, and was able to pass him.

I am sure there is more to the race control story, I don't see why that took 24 hours to come out.

Unlike you, I have limited faith in a team that repeatedly lied to the world all of last year.

Straightlining a chicane and using that momentum to pass a car is 'racing'?

Actually the Race contol story came out soon after the Race.

I was first a Mika Hakkinen fan and after his retirement an ardent Rubens Barichello fan and after seeing what they did to him during his time at Ferrari i lost all love for Ferrari.

Unlike you ,I have enormous Respect in a team who've been continually harassed by a governing body who've been on the payroll of the most unsporting team in all kinds of sport.

Straightlining a chicane because you've been forced off the road and slowing the momentum by lifting the throttle letting him by no less....and out braking him in the next corner to pass him is 'Racing'. Yes.

So I was bored enough to look at the video.

Of course he got an advantage. Is everyone blind? The difference in speed down the straight means nothing, Ferrari has had faster straight line speeds in any case.

I don't get the whining, you go off the track, you should be thanking your luck for still being in the race. I don't care if it means not overtaking for the next 3 corners. And going for it on the very next corner is moronic.

Trulli agrees, and unlike Lauda, he has actually driven an F1 car this century.

Y'know, when I first joined this place - the first person I argued with was you. Since then, old wounds have healed and I must say - WELL SAID! Thank you Cav.

LH didnt let kimi in front right away and was accelerating almost at full throttle. And here is the problem imho. LH gained more speed from the last corner than Kimi, and was able to pass him.

OKOK theres two laps left you just had to cut a corner short (for whatever reason) and you are ahead of the race leader talk about gettin a rush , you mash the accelerator and then your team comes on the radio let him pass so you take control of you right foot and let him by , being a competitor LH wanted to win as does everyone else on the track .

I was first a Mika Hakkinen fan and after his retirement an ardent Rubens Barichello fan and after seeing what they did to him during his time at Ferrari i lost all love for Ferrari.

Unlike you ,I have enormous Respect in a team who've been continually harassed by a governing body who've been on the payroll of the most unsporting team in all kinds of sport.

Straightlining a chicane because you've been forced off the road and slowing the momentum by lifting the throttle letting him by no less....and out braking him in the next corner to pass him is 'Racing'. Yes.

On the payroll? :laughing:

How many times does it need to be said to budding conspiracy theorists that Ferrari did not push for the penalty so it has no weight with this incident? Mclaren are lucky they weren't punished more severely last year, just look at the scale of what they were doing compared to Honda a few years back and the comparative punishments.

I'm sceptical about the incident itself, but more so because the rules are so vague, but I think the appeal should clarify that rather than overturn the decision.

Did it? In any case if Ron isn't lying (more likely he is misrepresenting facts), they will have their appeal upheld.

:lol: After seeing what Rubens did with his Ferrari I lose all love for him.

Awwwwwwww ^_^ So you view your interest in the sport as a sort of fight against injustice? Ever taken a stand against a real issue, affecting real life people? Bleh

Forced off the road? Outraced rather. Watch the video for heaven's sake instead of reading Mclaren press releases. He came in too hot and had to cut the chicane. His fault.

If this was Monaco and he went and hit the barrier with a wonderful move like that, I presume you would be here asking for Kimi to be penalized?

I'm sceptical about the incident itself, but more so because the rules are so vague, but I think the appeal should clarify that rather than overturn the decision.

That's true Kay that the rules are vague. However, when was the last time a driver cut a chicane and then proceeded to overtake on the very next corner? The FIA can't have rules for everything. Controversial rulings like this happen all the time in contact sports like football. People move on. Or maybe their forums are the same too?

Sure, the FIA have been less than clear with the rules, but I am not sure how far they can define them.

At last a RACING fan it doesn't seem like there's many of us left.

At last a RACING fan it doesn't seem like there's many of us left.

You call that racing?

:whistling:

You call that racing?

:whistling:

Yes I do and all race fans KNOW who won the race. Forget rules for a second and look to your excitement about racing and you too will Know Lewis Hamilton won that race. This is a service I provide for free you know.

That's true Kay that the rules are vague. However, when was the last time a driver cut a chicane and then proceeded to overtake on the very next corner? The FIA can't have rules for everything. Controversial rulings like this happen all the time in contact sports like football. People move on. Or maybe their forums are the same too?

Sure, the FIA have been less than clear with the rules, but I am not sure how far they can define them.

I agree that rules can't define all the possibilities as they are endless, but there is certainly an ability to clarify the rules better. Their current form:

Article 30.3(a)

During practice and the race, drivers may use only the track and at all times must observe the provisions of the Code relating to driver behaviour on circuits.

And Appendix L Chapter 4 Article 2(g):

The race track alone shall be used by the drivers during the race.

I'm yet to find anything about gaining an advantage in either the regulations or the code and it really should be there.

The other issue this brings up is drivers talking about what they have 'agreed' to outside of the rules (behaviour while under the safety car etc), but these agreements if broken can't be punished, so it seems a rather problematic process.