Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foxtrot023

Alonso- Ferrari Or Bmw?

Aparently the rumours are flying fast and furious at Monza to wait for the announcement of next years line up. Everyone keeps asking, where will Alonso go next year?

Personally I think Ferrari are stalling to keep Alonso from signing with BMW

Aparently the rumours are flying fast and furious at Monza to wait for the announcement of next years line up. Everyone keeps asking, where will Alonso go next year?

Ferrari have an announced line up for next year...

Ferrari have an announced line up for next year...

No, he means for 2010. I think Theissen is waffling between Nick and Alonso. I think with Alonso BMW would get

1) A primadonna

2) a 2-time WDC with as much experience as Nick

3) Kubica's close friend

4) a driver with a driving style similar to Kubica's

5) would loose their stability

6) A Grman team driving German cars would loose their only German driver.

I think it's a no brainer - Alonso could make BMW a championship team next year, when paired up with KUbica.

I think it's a no brainer - Alonso could make BMW a championship team next year, when paired up with KUbica.

It's a fact.

And whether or not they succeed, real F1 fans would love to see it happen.

You bet. Either sign him or disable him. It is one of the reasons why RD didn't let go of Alonso until he knew he would be parked this season.

It makes sense for everyone to be posturing, though. For example, I read a few days back Briatore going off on Alonso's performance. Why now that Alonso is on with the team agenda? Evident, isn't it.

It's a fact.

And whether or not they succeed, real F1 fans would love to see it happen.

You bet. Either sign him or disable him. It is one of the reasons why RD didn't let go of Alonso until he knew he would be parked this season.

It makes sense for everyone to be posturing, though. For example, I read a few days back Briatore going off on Alonso's performance. Why now that Alonso is on with the team agenda? Evident, isn't it.

You're on the money. Personally, I don't see any changes coming at Ferrari for 2009. If Kimi goes after that, then the Scuderia will have a wider choice with perhaps, Webber, Kubica and even Rosberg entering the frame and a poor season elsewhere will not make Nando look so attractive. A good season elsewhere and Nando will probably stay put. So, their only objective as of now, is to neuter Nando as best they can. To an extent, BMW were under pressure. Kubica was giving them serious gob and attitude over the past four races, citing favouritism toward Heidfeld, their sole German driver, [and a damn fine one if you ask me] and might seek his fortune elsewhere if they didn't sign Nando. On Tuesday we hear,[from Kubica]: "The team has helped Nick a lot," France's sport24.com quotes Kubica as saying. Kubica has won just 12 points from the last 5 grands prix, and while he finished sixth at Spa-Francorchamps, Heidfeld was on the podium. "I hope that they will start to work a little for me, because these last four races, I think we have been asleep," the 23-year-old added. Yesterday, we hear, [from Nando]: "Robert and I drove together in karts. He is a very good friend of mine." So can the Spaniard see himself sharing a formula one team with the 23-year-old Pole? "Why not?" he smiled, according to the German news agency SID. There hasn't been a word from Kubica so far at Monza. Think what you will about that. Where would Heidfeld go? DRM?

You're on the money. Personally, I don't see any changes coming at Ferrari for 2009. If Kimi goes after that, then the Scuderia will have a wider choice with perhaps, Webber, Kubica and even Rosberg entering the frame and a poor season elsewhere will not make Nando look so attractive. A good season elsewhere and Nando will probably stay put. So, their only objective as of now, is to neuter Nando as best they can. To an extent, BMW were under pressure. Kubica was giving them serious gob and attitude over the past four races, citing favouritism toward Heidfeld, their sole German driver, [and a damn fine one if you ask me] and might seek his fortune elsewhere if they didn't sign Nando. On Tuesday we hear,[from Kubica]: "The team has helped Nick a lot," France's sport24.com quotes Kubica as saying. Kubica has won just 12 points from the last 5 grands prix, and while he finished sixth at Spa-Francorchamps, Heidfeld was on the podium. "I hope that they will start to work a little for me, because these last four races, I think we have been asleep," the 23-year-old added. Yesterday, we hear, [from Nando]: "Robert and I drove together in karts. He is a very good friend of mine." So can the Spaniard see himself sharing a formula one team with the 23-year-old Pole? "Why not?" he smiled, according to the German news agency SID. There hasn't been a word from Kubica so far at Monza. Think what you will about that. Where would Heidfeld go? DRM?

You've heard the talk. Heidfeld could move on to Renault if Alonso heads to BMW. Gotta wonder, of course.

IMO, part of the problem Kubica has been having lately has to do with the Hamilton effect. Kubica is very good and very cheap. He revolted once results were on his side and, well, he's been put in his place. Like all of us, Thiessen saw what happened at McLaren last year and the severe loss to the team due to mismanagement. He is not going to let this to happen in BMW.

The present nonsense running Ferrari and McLaren hurts Kubica far more than it does Alonso. Kubica has no choice but to take it.

Regarding Alonso, what applies to Ferrari and McLaren also applies to BMW. If not with me, better parked. The thing with BMW is that Renault may be all over them next season if Alonso stays so it is more important for BMW than the other teasm to get him on board.

Hmmmmm it seems as though the F1 government is kinda like the US government , always telling lie's and confusing the issues with things that don't really matter so while we are looking the other way they can go about their secret project without to much attention being paid , take this KERS and new areo stuff , while we fight and argue they are pushing what isn't a money saving thing but , rather making the cars more of a spec series then ever before . Think about what has happen with Silverstone and all the other great tracks who have fallen victim to Bernie but , if you create enough diversions everyone will forget the really important stuff .

BMW looks more likely. Probably Alonso gave Ferrari, or Ferrari gave Alonso some sort of ultimatum, and the result is Kimi till 2010. BMW is looking like a serious contender to have Alonso

You've heard the talk. Heidfeld could move on to Renault if Alonso heads to BMW. Gotta wonder, of course.

IMO, part of the problem Kubica has been having lately has to do with the Hamilton effect. Kubica is very good and very cheap. He revolted once results were on his side and, well, he's been put in his place. Like all of us, Thiessen saw what happened at McLaren last year and the severe loss to the team due to mismanagement. He is not going to let this to happen in BMW.

The present nonsense running Ferrari and McLaren hurts Kubica far more than it does Alonso. Kubica has no choice but to take it.

Regarding Alonso, what applies to Ferrari and McLaren also applies to BMW. If not with me, better parked. The thing with BMW is that Renault may be all over them next season if Alonso stays so it is more important for BMW than the other teasm to get him on board.

Great answer. You may be right.

5) would loose their stability

6) A Grman team driving German cars would loose their only German driver.

I agree with pretty much all your points there. Especially as Heidfeld seems to be performing well as of late.

Just a rumour right now though and it was a surprise to me for Kimi to go into 2010.

Wasn't Santander moving to Ferrari in 2010 ? This is what made me think Alonso moving to the red cars was a done deal.

I hate to do this m8...argh.. but I did want to correct your spelling of 'lose'.

Why are so many people spelling this as 'loose' ?

My theory is that they see everyone else spelling it wrong and a spell checker will not correct it as loose is also a word to describe something totally different.

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve. If it's not 'breaking' instead of 'braking' then it's 'loosing' instead of 'losing'.

I feel if I can help just 1 person I've made the world a better place :D Nothing personal.

Here is a bit of news that, while quite satisfying for me personally, will make Alonso fans shudder:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/9/8365.html

Someone has been selling vacuum cleaners...

It was expected (by me at least). It was a case of Ferrari stalling Alonso, or the Spa rumours of Alonso having signed with BMW for 3 yrs being correct after all. Personally it will be BMW or Renault, hopefully BMW

I hate to do this m8...argh.. but I did want to correct your spelling of 'lose'.

Why are so many people spelling this as 'loose' ?

My theory is that they see everyone else spelling it wrong and a spell checker will not correct it as loose is also a word to describe something totally different.

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve. If it's not 'breaking' instead of 'braking' then it's 'loosing' instead of 'losing'.

I feel if I can help just 1 person I've made the world a better place :D Nothing personal.

Sea? That's just what wee knead around hear, someone too teach these young whippersnappers how two spell. As if heteronym's weren't a pane in the a## :P

Alonso to stay at Renault.

Button to BMW!

Are you living in hope or do you have concrete info?

It was expected (by me at least). It was a case of Ferrari stalling Alonso, or the Spa rumours of Alonso having signed with BMW for 3 yrs being correct after all. Personally it will be BMW or Renault, hopefully BMW

I suspect it was more Kimi deciding to take advantage of his contract option than Ferrari having any particular need to resolve whatever so far ahead. See what I mean?

And regardless of what Ferrari's gotten itself into, I also came to the conculsion a while back that Alonso should tell them all to bugger off and break the hegemony of the field once again. BMW is the intelligent choice... if, at thiis point, BMW is still willing to foot the bill.

After this worthless season, it would be very nice to at least have the next one to look forward to.

I suspect it was more Kimi deciding to take advantage of his contract option than Ferrari having any particular need to resolve whatever so far ahead. See what I mean?

And regardless of what Ferrari's gotten itself into, I also came to the conculsion a while back that Alonso should tell them all to bugger off and break the hegemony of the field once again. BMW is the intelligent choice... if, at thiis point, BMW is still willing to foot the bill.

After this worthless season, it would be very nice to at least have the next one to look forward to.

yeah, I agree that can be it too. The reporter I read from, the same that said Ferrari where jsut stalling, wrote today in his blog, that this might well be the death of any Alonso-Ferrari relationship now or in the future.

Once again I agree, BMW would be THE choice and would make the next 3 years even more enjoyable

For 2009 it's Renault, Honda or BMW for Fernando. I don't know which.

Honda he can help develop and hope to gain from the 'Brawn effect', and him and Jenson would be well suited as team-mates I think.

Renault would be good for stability, but they probably won't be making a big leap forward like Honda/BMW might do.

BMW would be a great option if not for one small thing, goes by the name of Robert Kubica (I think suggestions that Alonso could make a massive difference to BMW in terms of leading them forward, are wide of the mark when the team already has Kubica). I know Alonso is a double WDC but I seriously think any driver on the grid is going to struggle to beat Kubi who is already settled into that team.