Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foxtrot023

Alonso- Ferrari Or Bmw?

Alonso will stay at Renault for 2009-2010, then in 2011 when Kubica, Nando's Kimi, Massa's all the contracts are up int he air there will be a silly season coming up....

He will be called back to McLaren, as Ron will see that he rather has the imaginary 0.6 secs Nando will bring than the actual 25 seconds Lewis contributes with.

He will be called back to McLaren, as Ron will see that he rather has the imaginary 0.6 secs Nando will bring than the actual 25 seconds Lewis contributes with.

Unlikely, but very funny. James Allen's views can be found here;

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=Ja...en&id=43931

I found this very interesting;

It almost certainly means that Alonso will never drive for Ferrari, as he would have to fill in the next two years somewhere

Unlikely, but very funny. James Allen's views can be found here;

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=Ja...en&id=43931

I found this very interesting;

Seems like we're gonna have to get used to you carrying out your frustration on the boy God

Sorry, I am just enjoyng being a bit of a troll lately.

James Allen's point of view matches mine in a worrying way. I agree.

And no, I am not frustrated. I am enjoying myself thoroughly, actually :P

Sorry, I am just enjoyng being a bit of a troll lately.

James Allen's point of view matches mine in a worrying way. I agree.

And no, I am not frustrated. I am enjoying myself thoroughly, actually :P

Deeper into the said article, you will find James talking about Renault's financial position. Renault where unbeatable we they came out of F1 in '85 but the company was in trouble. It happened in a flash - I know, I was there. When Flavio starts talking about retiring, mumbling about cost-cutting and Renault start laying off workers at home, the millions of euros that are annually poured into Enstone will come under intense scrutiny - believe me. There are still people on the Renault board who think F1 is folly and it's not beyond reason to suspect they may bail as a constructor and continue as an engine supplier as they did from the late '80s through to the Benetton buy-out. Though I hate to say it - Honda is probably Nando's only option now.

Deeper into the said article, you will find James talking about Renault's financial position. Renault where unbeatable we they came out of F1 in '85 but the company was in trouble. It happened in a flash - I know, I was there. When Flavio starts talking about retiring, mumbling about cost-cutting and Renault start laying off workers at home, the millions of euros that are annually poured into Enstone will come under intense scrutiny - believe me. There are still people on the Renault board who think F1 is folly and it's not beyond reason to suspect they may bail as a constructor and continue as an engine supplier as they did from the late '80s through to the Benetton buy-out. Though I hate to say it - Honda is probably Nando's only option now.

I didn't read it but its the same old story. Renault pumps lots of money, make history with a winning car when nobody gave a penny for them, then they decide it is too expensive and pull out. In fact, everybody was expecting them to bail in 2007...Nando among them.

It hurts me to see such a great time so inconsistent in their commitment with F1.

If Renault pulls out (George forbid!) my vote goes to Honduh too. Not because I have that much faith in the team, but because there's glory in trying to make that team fulfill its promise. BMW? I don't think he can do much except clash with Dr.Mario, and get some podiums here and there. A single podium with a Honda is worth more than a WDC with BMW

Of course, I suck at predictions :D

I didn't read it but its the same old story. Renault pumps lots of money, make history with a winning car when nobody gave a penny for them, then they decide it is too expensive and pull out. In fact, everybody was expecting them to bail in 2007...Nando among them.

It hurts me to see such a great time so inconsistent in their commitment with F1.

If Renault pulls out (George forbid!) my vote goes to Honduh too. Not because I have that much faith in the team, but because there's glory in trying to make that team fulfill its promise. BMW? I don't think he can do much except clash with Dr.Mario, and get some podiums here and there. A single podium with a Honda is worth more than a WDC with BMW

Of course, I suck at predictions :D

Depends on the conditions... Like Barri on the podium this year, wasen't that awesome. Unless he repeats the podiums over teh year it means, he was lucky. I do think Alonso is a good driver but i would rather see him in BMW fighting for the championship and destroy his carrer in the Honda (WTF am i saying??? )

Allen has got it spot on.

I don't see Button at BMW either as there are better free candidates available.

That's to my predictions impossible. Sutil has a better chance in BMW than Button.... IMO

Alonso to stay at Renault.

Button to BMW!

IN your dreams.

Alonso will be driving with BMW next year. THe timing is right. A WDC is available and BMW looks like they can deliver the car. Marriage made in Heaven, with BMW progressing to the holy grail. A BMW seat is probably the hottest ticket in town. I seriously have them pegged for a title fight next year. If Alonso ends up there, then for sure they will be in it.

I suspect it was more Kimi deciding to take advantage of his contract option than Ferrari having any particular need to resolve whatever so far ahead. See what I mean?

And regardless of what Ferrari's gotten itself into, I also came to the conculsion a while back that Alonso should tell them all to bugger off and break the hegemony of the field once again. BMW is the intelligent choice... if, at thiis point, BMW is still willing to foot the bill.

After this worthless season, it would be very nice to at least have the next one to look forward to.

Just to say that you nailed that one on the head. Kimi executed that option on his contract.

IN your dreams.

Alonso will be driving with BMW next year. THe timing is right. A WDC is available and BMW looks like they can deliver the car. Marriage made in Heaven, with BMW progressing to the holy grail. A BMW seat is probably the hottest ticket in town. I seriously have them pegged for a title fight next year. If Alonso ends up there, then for sure they will be in it.

3 yr contract (2+1)?

That's to my predictions impossible. Sutil has a better chance in BMW than Button.... IMO

:rolleyes::blink:

I live on planet earth. Where do you live?

I really don't know why Jenson gets so much stick! He's probably the only consistent driver on the grid right now regardless of point scoring [or not] as the story goes.

Once Honda give him a decent enough car, he'll smash the championship to bits. You can stick that in your predictions book too.

:rolleyes::blink:

I live on planet earth. Where do you live?

I really don't know why Jenson gets so much stick! He's probably the only consistent driver on the grid right now regardless of point scoring [or not] as the story goes.

Once Honda give him a decent enough car, he'll smash the championship to bits. You can stick that in your predictions book too.

:lol: That's the same line i have for Sutil :P

:lol: That's the same line i have for Sutil :P

:lol:

Now I will clear up the matter for good: Sutil and Button will never be champs unless they get totally dominant cars and mediocre team-mates. Sorry but as 2Pac said 'that's just the way it is'.

I think the one thing that motivates Fernando Alonso in F1 is the desire to crush that imputent pretender to his throne. (You know the one)

If his motivation was making a lot of money, Honda's the ticket. Otherwise, he must go to Ferrari or BMW. I think BMW.

If he goes to any other team, it means he has given up -- no longer plans to be a WDC contender, wants to be David Coulthard for the rest of his career. Now does that sound like Alonso to you?

I will enjoy watching Kubica and Alonso go at it.. if Kubica is as good as I think he is, he's going to use Alonso's face as a stepping stone to a Ferrari seat...

I agree with pretty much all your points there. Especially as Heidfeld seems to be performing well as of late.

Just a rumour right now though and it was a surprise to me for Kimi to go into 2010.

Wasn't Santander moving to Ferrari in 2010 ? This is what made me think Alonso moving to the red cars was a done deal.

I hate to do this m8...argh.. but I did want to correct your spelling of 'lose'.

Why are so many people spelling this as 'loose' ?

My theory is that they see everyone else spelling it wrong and a spell checker will not correct it as loose is also a word to describe something totally different.

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve. If it's not 'breaking' instead of 'braking' then it's 'loosing' instead of 'losing'.

I feel if I can help just 1 person I've made the world a better place :D Nothing personal.

No, you are right. It's just that I write those posts late at night after working 13-14 hours, so I'm tired and pay no attention to spelling. I'll try harder... :wacko:

I think the one thing that motivates Fernando Alonso in F1 is the desire to crush that imputent pretender to his throne. (You know the one)

If his motivation was making a lot of money, Honda's the ticket. Otherwise, he must go to Ferrari or BMW. I think BMW.

If he goes to any other team, it means he has given up -- no longer plans to be a WDC contender, wants to be David Coulthard for the rest of his career. Now does that sound like Alonso to you?

I will enjoy watching Kubica and Alonso go at it.. if Kubica is as good as I think he is, he's going to use Alonso's face as a stepping stone to a Ferrari seat...

I have to disagree. I think that if they cooperate (within reason), the BMW suits both their driving styles so well that it will benefit both. I would not be surprised if we saw a lot 1-2 or 2-3 finishes from them.

I have to disagree. I think that if they cooperate (within reason), the BMW suits both their driving styles so well that it will benefit both. I would not be surprised if we saw a lot 1-2 or 2-3 finishes from them.

We might be saying the same thing Piotr. I think they will excel as teammates, and both push each other to perform better... I'm just being a bit cynical about it -- I guess what I mean to say is that if Kubica can keep up with Alonso in the same car, it will prove to everyone that he really is a WDC-class driver. He'll gain legitimacy in the eyes of Ferrari, who are going to be shopping in the next few years for a Hamilton-killer... who better to take the battle to McLaren than Lewis's oldest rival?

Heidfeld and Alonso are incredable talents but geez i wish that Vettel didnt sign for Red Bull for 2009 because wouldnt you love to see him in that BMW.

Alonso would fit the bill perfectally with his talent and his technical know how and experience at winning world championships, but if Kubica does beat him 2 the world title next year and on pace alone, how will Alonso handle it?

Thats the critical question and if he can handle it, he will be a world champion again soon.