Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ayrton Senna

2008 Italian Gran Prix Thread

I didn't watch it so can't make judegements on who did well and who did badly - suffice to say Vettel did great the bag pole position in a Minardi, sorry STR :clap3:

I can see Lewis crashing out tomorrow or getting another penalty. Massa is looking strong for the WDC now - i think the Spa result will have a destabilsiing effect...mentally.

Oh well

Missed most of it due to the fact that Liverpool KICKED Scum Utd's arse!

Well done to Vettel. Though I can't see Webber making it past the first two laps, it should be a good race.

Missed most of it due to the fact that Liverpool KICKED Scum Utd's arse!

Well done to Vettel. Though I can't see Webber making it past the first two laps, it should be a good race.

If it dried up it would be a great race.

what a bummer that i missed the quali. after returning home ,i was able to snatch dying moments of the repeat telecast. seems it was a russian roulette out there.

did the top qualifiers set their times in relativel drier conditions?

what a bummer that i missed the quali. after returning home ,i was able to snatch dying moments of the repeat telecast. seems it was a russian roulette out there.

did the top qualifiers set their times in relativel drier conditions?

Not really, 2-4 all set their times in the dying seconds when the rain was pouring.

[quote name='Girl Racer' post='266841' date='Sep 13 2008, 07:52 PM']Missed most of it due to the fact that Liverpool KICKED Scum Utd's arse!

Well done to Vettel. Though I can't see Webber making it past the first two laps, it should be a good race.[/quote]
Same here :lol:

Well, it was only qualifying :whistling:

Ron Dennis was "qouted" as saying if theres no rain tomorrow STR will not be as good because of the amount of down force they had during Qualifying in the rain , sounds like sour grapes but we will find out tomorrow .

Ron Dennis was "qouted" as saying if theres no rain tomorrow STR will not be as good because of the amount of down force they had during Qualifying in the rain , sounds like sour grapes but we will find out tomorrow .

Berger said different. I guess he would, but he said Vettel didn't have a fully wet setup.

Im am sooo happy about the qualfying results,

Hopefully Vettel will now head to one of the top teams :D

BMW or Ferrari would be a good home for him.

Unless Red Bull get a brilliant Newey designed car with Ferrari engines next season.

Cant wait for the race!

(which unfortunately ill be missing cos of work :(

good old tape recorder!)

OK, I had to wait for the last post for SOMEONE to get it - At the time of quali the forecast for the race was DRY. All of the back-markers and mid-fielders went for the wet setup to get a better field position, so OBVIOUSLY they ended up up front . All of the front runners (don't know about Massa) went for the DRY set up because they know that in the dry they'll be whole seconds per lap faster than the guys with wet setup (Yes, even Vettel). Note that no. 1, 3, and 4 in the WDC ended up almost next to each other. It doesn't indicate balls or lack of them - it simply shows how different tactic from the rest they chose. Now, if tomorrow is dry or just dry, I think it will take 5-6 laps for Raikkonen, Hamilton, and Kubica to end up in the top 5 - it will not even be a contest. HOWEVER, if it rains, these guys will be screwed. But, note, they will be screwed together, i.e. not much change to the WDC standings. So, again, unless all of you know more than the guys paid hundreds of thousands of euros to make those decisions-correctly-it will all be determined on the first few laps (watch for crashes and SC periods).

Now, since the p-2 guys can put as much fuel as they want, I expect a lot of pit stops from the front runners early on, and the top 3 to be rather heavy to catch up the guys up front in the pits. also, I think the McLarens, Ferraris, and BMW will be doing a LOT of passing - again, it will be an exciting race.

OK, I had to wait for the last post for SOMEONE to get it - At the time of quali the forecast for the race was DRY. All of the back-markers and mid-fielders went for the wet setup to get a better field position, so OBVIOUSLY they ended up up front . All of the front runners (don't know about Massa) went for the DRY set up because they know that in the dry they'll be whole seconds per lap faster than the guys with wet setup (Yes, even Vettel). Note that no. 1, 3, and 4 in the WDC ended up almost next to each other. It doesn't indicate balls or lack of them - it simply shows how different tactic from the rest they chose. Now, if tomorrow is dry or just dry, I think it will take 5-6 laps for Raikkonen, Hamilton, and Kubica to end up in the top 5 - it will not even be a contest. HOWEVER, if it rains, these guys will be screwed. But, note, they will be screwed together, i.e. not much change to the WDC standings. So, again, unless all of you know more than the guys paid hundreds of thousands of euros to make those decisions-correctly-it will all be determined on the first few laps (watch for crashes and SC periods).

Now, since the p-2 guys can put as much fuel as they want, I expect a lot of pit stops from the front runners early on, and the top 3 to be rather heavy to catch up the guys up front in the pits. also, I think the McLarens, Ferraris, and BMW will be doing a LOT of passing - again, it will be an exciting race.

Well the forecast I saw yesterday predicted 70-80% chance of rain on race day.

Did'nt watch quali cos Liverpool-v-Man. United match was on so went onto wikipedia only to see Vettel on pole position!!!!!!!! Massa is the only title contender who did any good in 6th!! What the heck is up with McLaren & Ferrari??

Bourdais is a polished racer. He just needed time to adjust to F1 and the cars. I hope they don't give up on him too early.

Agreed Bourdais should retain his seat.

:( it's raining, that's not what I wanted and the race may start with the SC, this is not looking good :( Kimi is going to get wet.

Oh, poor lil baby gona be all alone in the rain, send him a bottle of milk and raincoat.

After watching the GP2 race this should be an interesting one and starting the race behind the safety car should make things that much more interesting .

Oh, poor lil baby gona be all alone in the rain, send him a bottle of milk and raincoat.

I'll wait until LH crash and the I'll ask him to take it to Kimi. :naughty: