Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ayrton Senna

2008 Italian Gran Prix Thread

wow! nice that vettel has broken one of Alonso's 3 records. he's definitely the DOD. Kubica is just a whit behind him. alonso & heidfeld also did well. hammy did 3/4th of a good job. and massa, well congrats to him for *finishing* the wet race.

The darn kid already broke 2 of Alonso's records, actually :(

Seems like I missed many of the controversial moves by Lewis this time. From what I've seen, he did a good job. His strategy didn't pay off but then again, it was a gamble.

I did saw him pushing Glock aside which was rude, arrogant and unnecessary, but it wasn't that much of an issue, except a good way to get punched in the face one of this days.

Now...if he really did anything wrong then to hell with arrogant b#####d! :lol:

BTW, what the hell happened to Rosberg?? I know he tried to leave the pits while his car was being re-fuelled & finished well down the grid!

Kubica 14 points away from Hamilton...

Kimi 21 points away from Hamilton...

With 4 races to go can we see Kubica joining in the title hunt??

Well I actually welled up watching Vettel win his first Grand Prix. He and his Team were flawless. I hope we see more of him. Here is a Kid I can respect.

Hamilton drove a stellar race, but the guy is a prick. Plain and simple. With his latest comments and his behaviour on the track, the verdict is in. I will now offically claim to smile at all the misfortune he may incure his career. He's the kind of guy you just want to see get beat.

KR He is no match for Massa, sorry KR fans

Massa. Drove a pretty boring race, but considering his wet weather abilities, I think he drove a smart race.. He drove a race the would have had him leading the championship except that Hamilton was stellar on his second stint.

DOD Vettel without question

Heartbreak SB. So sad for his failed start.

Best race of the year. Lots of passing lot of strategy, some wonderful performance from guys you love to do well, and A new Villian in F1 is firmly established.

we're celebrating vettel's win....as for LH....he drove great when the track started to dry...so 10-15 laps and made some great overtakings during that time...but again he made 2 moves that could easily be investigated by the stevards...

i would just give him drive through penalty!

Fair enough, but these guys are fighting for a WDC. Once upon a time drivers that were not involved in winning a WDC kept out of the way of the protagonists. In those days Webber wouldn't have even attempted the pass as there would have been a danger of taking out a driver challenging for the WDC. If the move had been between Massa/Lewis/Kimi/Kubica it would more than likely have been investigated.

Yes it's racing, but common sense should prevail - it wont for some I fear

would be need to see the Kubica as WDC :) ), massa 2nd and Kimi 3rd...but hey, we're allowed to dream ;)

BTW, what the hell happened to Rosberg?? I know he tried to leave the pits while his car was being re-fuelled & finished well down the grid!

First that.. then he had to pit agaiin, maybe for changing tyres or something..

I think we can... kubica has been consistently quick; if people are still talking about kimi being in with a chance, surely kubica is. I would love it!!

Once upon a time drivers that were not involved in winning a WDC kept out of the way of the protagonists.

thank god times have changed ;) ...

I think we can... kubica has been consistently quick; if people are still talking about kimi being in with a chance, surely kubica is. I would love it!!

Look at the standings i posted?(on the previous page)... All 6 drivers from BMW, Ferrari and Mclaren technicall have a chance and are not that far away....

Massa. Drove a pretty boring race, but considering his wet weather abilities, I think he drove a smart race.. He drove a race the would have had him leading the championship except that Hamilton was stellar on his second stint.

Heatbreak SB. So sad for his failed start.

Best race of the year. Lots of passing lot of strategy, some wonderful performance from guys you love to do well,.

+1

Look at the standings i posted?(on the previous page)... All 6 drivers from BMW, Ferrari and Mclaren technicall have a chance and are not that far away....

yeah but lol, I don't think heidfeld is gonna haha

Am the only one shcked with the standing??

01 Lewis Hamilton 78

02 Felipe Massa 77

03 Robert Kubica 64

04 Kimi R

the Race director never reported it. Whiting is the RD he thought the move was ok. But the Stewards have the power to investigate any incident they deem fit. They RD helps to indentify them, but they can also pick the one they think false....

How come the stewards said themselves it was reported to them?

From a personality point of view, I think massa would be the best wdc. From my view, I'd love it to be Kubica. I think realistically, only the top 4 are in with a substantial chance.

From what i read and heard they investigated themselves... Otherwise, WTF is Whiting saying it's ok and then reporting it???

From a personality point of view, I think massa would be the best wdc. From my view, I'd love it to be Kubica. I think realistically, only the top 4 are in with a substantial chance.

Yeah, i agree...

Hamiltons Move on Glock, he could claim the spray prevented him from seeing in his mirror. THe move on Webber has no defence.. Why even bother putting Mirrors on his car. He never uses them.

But Whatever. Vettel is the story. HE won Pole and followed it up with a stellar drive to take his first Grand Prix. Maybe the new kid will take some shine off the media spotlight on Hamilton, and we can hear about somebody else for a change

Hamiltons Move on Glock, he could claim the spray prevented him from seeing in his mirror. THe move on Webber has no defence.. Why even bother putting Mirrors on his car. He never uses them.

But Whatever. Vettel is the story. HE won Pole and followed it up with a stellar drive to take his first Grand Prix. Maybe the new kid will take some shine off the media spotlight on Hamilton, and we can hear about somebody else for a change

Actually, he uses them better than anyone else, don't get me wrong I'm not defending him, but he uses his mirrors oh so well to place his car when defending. Of course I agree that his moves were a little much today.

From what i read and heard they investigated themselves... Otherwise, WTF is Whiting saying it's ok and then reporting it???

Read the stewards notes, it's on ITV somewhere. Says it was reported, but not what exactly was said (whether Whiting thought it was okay / rectified or not).

Vettel winning is brilliant for F1. :clap3:

Actually, he uses them better than anyone else, don't get me wrong I'm not defending him, but he uses his mirrors oh so well to place his car when defending. Of course I agree that his moves were a little much today.

:lol: Oh you think he is a bigger prick then I do then. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he chose not to use them, you are saying the things he did were intentional :lol: