Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ayrton Senna

2008 Italian Gran Prix Thread

kimi=place=9=

kimi=fastest lap place=1 (by over 1 second)

Vettel=place=1

Vettel=fastest lap place=14th

[quote name='BradSpeedMan' post='267986' date='Sep 19 2008, 06:36 AM']and you just confused the s##t out of me...[/quote]
:lol:

kimi=place=9=

kimi=fastest lap place=1 (by over 1 second)

Vettel=place=1

Vettel=fastest lap place=14th

jackgarrett response=dribbler confused.

jackgarrett response=dribbler confused.

Vettel won but Kimi got fastest lap while Vettel's best lap was 14th fastest lap. Oh, and Kimi finished 9th.

:lol:

the thing i find interisting is Vettel got 14th fastest lap and kimi that got 9th got fastest lap by over 1 second.

I got ya :lol:

Yeah it's actually one of the slowest fastest race laps for a race winner in the history of F1. If you don't get that, read it again :lol:

In detail from Autosport:

The "slowest" winner ever

Vettel has notched up another interesting record in Monza last weekend: he also became the "slowest" winner in the history of Formula One.

The young German was 14th fastest in the race, according to the list of fastest laps. In fact, his fastest race lap was only 27th among all laps posted by all drivers during the 53-lap race.

This is the first time a driver with such a 'slow' lap wins that same race - but Vettel is following in the right footsteps: Until now, the driver who won a race with the slowest fastest lap was Michael Schumacher, in the 1997 Belgian Grand Prix.

Back then, the Ferrari driver struggled on a track that was drying up, and at the end of the race posted only the 12th fastest lap of the race.

Except for Vettel and Schumacher, there were only three more races where the winner had the 10th or worst fastest lap: Bruce McLaren, Argentina 1960 (11); Thierry Boutsen, Hungary 1990 (10); and Jody Scheckter, Argentina 1977 (10).

I'm surprised that that is even possible.

Yeah i know, it seems counter to common sense, but if you think about the race it had changing conditions... Some cars obviously work better than the other in different conditions. And also Kimi's lap was set right at the end of the race, when the track was drying....

Yeah i know, it seems counter to common sense, but if you think about the race it had changing conditions... Some cars obviously work better than the other in different conditions. And also Kimi's lap was set right at the end of the race, when the track was drying....

Yup it's just maths really. Eventually it's bound to happen, kinda like Kimi losing his mojo, you can't have that much mojo for so long, eventually you're gonna lose it. Or something.

There seems to be a thread of opinion that Kimi was too timid and Lewis too aggressive :blahblah1: hmmm. Agree with Rainmaster though.