Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Negative Ions

Live Timing

Yeah thats the one, it asks for my username and password. Then it tries to connect to secure.formula1.com and then gives me an error. Cannot display the webpage.

Just tried it now and it's still ok for me.

Are you connecting through broadband, or thorugh a school or work network?

Just tried it now and it's still ok for me.

Are you connecting through broadband, or thorugh a school or work network?

Hey, Im connecting from home through a linksys router. I havent changed anything and its been working up until last weekend where I couldnt get it going for Spa. :eusa_think:

Hey, Im connecting from home through a linksys router. I havent changed anything and its been working up until last weekend where I couldnt get it going for Spa. :eusa_think:

I had to ask :lol:

What have you tried so far - I mean like deleting cache, etc, etc. ?

I had to ask :lol:

What have you tried so far - I mean like deleting cache, etc, etc. ?

Ive tried the following:

Used two browsers Firefox and IE

Cleared all temp files, cookies, history, settings stored by addons

Checked Java version

Lowered IE security settings to minimum and removed Internet Protected mode

Tried it on four different PCs running XP or Vista.

Ive tried the following:

Used two browsers Firefox and IE

Cleared all temp files, cookies, history, settings stored by addons

Checked Java version

Lowered IE security settings to minimum and removed Internet Protected mode

Tried it on four different PCs running XP or Vista.

Are all the PCs on the same router?

Yes they are. Do I need to port forward it? Its never been an issue in the past.

Ok Ive just connected to the neighbours wireless, (they leave it unprotected lol) and its still buggered. Is it asking you for your registration? Its just the secure page thats not loading.

Yes they are. Do I need to port forward it? Its never been an issue in the past.

I wouldn't have thought so, to be honest, but I am not overly familiar with Linksys routers, sorry. I suppose, as a really quick temporary measure, you could put the IP address of your PC in the dmz zone to see if it makes a difference, but I don't really like recommending that.

Sorry to ask stupid question all the time, but do you leave the router swtiched on, or will it have been rebooted since the timing stopped working?

I wouldn't have thought so, to be honest, but I am not overly familiar with Linksys routers, sorry. I suppose, as a really quick temporary measure, you could put the IP address of your PC in the dmz zone to see if it makes a difference, but I don't really like recommending that.

Sorry to ask stupid question all the time, but do you leave the router swtiched on, or will it have been rebooted since the timing stopped working?

Thats cool, I unplugged both the router and cable modem from the wall for 5 seconds then plugged them back in. The fact its not working on the neighbours IP (which is a different ISP) is weird.

Thats cool, I unplugged both the router and cable modem from the wall for 5 seconds then plugged them back in. The fact its not working on the neighbours IP (which is a different ISP) is weird.

Im that close to formatting a PC its not funny

That is strange :eusa_think:

Is it possible to try network cable direct from cable modem into your pc? That would take any problems with the router out of the equation if it still wasn't working.

I would normally say uninstall/reinstall java as well, but I don't think that would be the case for you because you have used 4 different pcs and it's unlikely they would all go wrong. However...................................

Just remembered that my live timing wasn't working on this laptop for spa, but when I checked on pc at home it was ok, but then the version of java I am using at home is a later beta version. I uninstalled all instances of java on the laptop then reinstalled it. I know you checked your versions of java, but are thay all the same and if so, that could be an indication.

It's scraping the barrel, I know, but it's what I do best!! :lol:

PC thats funny why on earth wood anyone own a PC when there are Apples in this world .

PC thats funny why on earth wood anyone own a PC when there are Apples in this world .

Because a lot on this earth are simply suckers for punishment.

BTW I have a 17" MacBook Pro ...and loving it!

Because a lot on this earth are simply suckers for punishment.

BTW I have a 17" MacBook Pro ...and loving it!

Are you loving it because it's easier to cut & paste on a MacBook?? :whistling:

Oh, I'm sorry, I couldn't resist :lol:

I don't see anything worthy at the supposed MacIntelighensia.

We, well some of us, want hardware and software compatibility, hardware open-ness and free open-source software.

Besides some are still PC gamers.

We, well some of us, want hardware and software compatibility, hardware open-ness and free open-source software.

Ok, SO I decided to fire up my mediapc which doesnt have Java, hell it doesnt even have IE 7. Went to the site, signed in, and it worked.

Now, where'd I put my gun....

Are you loving it because it's easier to cut & paste on a MacBook?? :whistling:

Oh, I'm sorry, I couldn't resist :lol:

Yes, this computer's telepathic. Cuts & paste before I c;v.

Sh!t! Did it again :wacko:

Ok, SO I decided to fire up my mediapc which doesnt have Java, hell it doesnt even have IE 7. Went to the site, signed in, and it worked.

Now, where'd I put my gun....

Hey Pabloh, thanks mate, I removed and re-installed Java and it worked. Maybe a Vista update killed something, who knows. Cheers Mate.

With an Intel-based mac, we have the best of both worlds. :naughty:

Yes, this computer's telepathic. Cuts & paste before I c;v.

Sh!t! Did it again :wacko:

:lol:

Hey Pabloh, thanks mate, I removed and re-installed Java and it worked. Maybe a Vista update killed something, who knows. Cheers Mate.

No probs.