Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boily

Hd

Here in the USA we are now getting more and more HDTV but so far F1 is still shown here in low definition , I was wondering if in Europe do youse guys have HD or something similar to the USA version , sports looks so much better and is more fun to watch in HDTV , hell even American football is more interesting , OKOK not that much more .

Here in the USA we are now getting more and more HDTV but so far F1 is still shown here in low definition , I was wondering if in Europe do youse guys have HD or something similar to the USA version , sports looks so much better and is more fun to watch in HDTV , hell even American football is more interesting , OKOK not that much more .

There is in the UK, but I don't have it. I am not actually sure if ITV show F1 in HD yet, never checked :eusa_think:

Don't think they do but they were supposed to be.

Mind you, the BBC turned up at that point so why bother.

That's true. The beeb do quite a few HD progs, so maybe F1 will be 1 of them. Mind you, a lot of it is down to the country hosting the race and broadcasting the feed, I think.

F1 set for HD TV coverage

8 March 2007 by Keith Collantine

Formula One television could be about to catch up with the high definition broadcasting revolution.

SISLink, a global satellite broadcasting company, has won a contract to supply ITV Sport with HD-ready satellite facilities for F1 coverage, starting with next week

Is HD the same as the TDT quality we get here? If so, our local channel does broadcast F1 in HD, and it looks sooo much better than the Spanish channel! Yesterday at Monza you could only see grey(all the water flying around) on the LD and the track and cars on the HD :lol:

Is HD the same as the TDT quality we get here? If so, our local channel does broadcast F1 in HD, and it looks sooo much better than the Spanish channel! Yesterday at Monza you could only see grey(all the water flying around) on the LD and the track and cars on the HD :lol:

I had no idea what TDT was, so I googled it. It sounds like what we would call freeview here, so I don't think it's HD that yu are watching. HD should be even better again than your TDT :lol: