Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bro.

Whats Wrong With James Allen

I read everywhere about James Allen about people not liking him at all, and i just dont know why, he seems like a good bloke and his a very good commentator in my opinion and i just feel sorry for him that there is always a big black cloud covering him, in this forum who here likes him and who would like to see him contuine in his role for next season and why?

Okay well he's sort of the Murray replacement for a start so nobody's gonna love him. Then of course there's the crappy examples/metaphors he uses to talk about racing (someone with a better memory will bring up the 'small dog').

But basically he seems alright, and he does know a lot about Formula One, I just think he struggles to communicate it that well.

yeah do you think, i dont think so i believe that he is a articulate commentator whenever he speaks, he reminds me of Jonathon Palmer, a very physicated commentator.

yeah do you think, i dont think so i believe that he is a articulate commentator whenever he speaks, he reminds me of Jonathon Palmer, a very physicated commentator.

Yeah he's a decent commentator most of the time but every now and then he misses something obvious or makes himself look like an idiot by using some ridiculous metaphor. Like I said he does have a wealth of knowledge and understanding I'm sure, but Brundle or Ben Edwards communicate better.

What about for the BBC for next year, Brundle and Coulthard?

together with James louise and Mark Blundell in the pits.

And the host being Ted Steve and Mark

What about for the BBC for next year, Brundle and Coulthard?

Hmm I'm not sure I don't think Brundle is going there though, I heard they were bringing some Radio commentator in. Coulthard would be good though...

would we be able to understand him though?lol

Whats RIGHT with James Allen, would be more to the point :P he has a bad case of verbal diaorhea in most instances, and he is CEO Hamilton Fanny Boi extraordinairre! And no-one cand vote him out of that position, more to the point!

So whats Brundle gonna do?

Whats RIGHT with James Allen, would be more to the point :P he has a bad case of verbal diaorhea in most instances, and he is CEO Hamilton Fanny Boi extraordinairre! And no-one cand vote him out of that position, more to the point!

I dont know, i have watched every grand prix he has commentated on and i do see the hamilton thing in general i seriously dont mind him. And i am a normal bloke

Clicky

That should give you a lot of insight as to why James Allen is a complete and utter waste of space. You will need to refer to the "Stop the c#ck" campaigns...

He's been alright recently, he was quite good today. But last season, he kept going on about hamilton, he was awful then!!

The trouble with James Allen is that he verbalized about how great every British driver is. As soon as possible he was talking about what a great victory for Lewis Hamilton, Monza would be. Thank God it didn't rain.

He's terrible. Doesn't correct many of his mistakes and goes off on tangents.

Today he was going on about Massa pitting and it being good for Hamilton; not even thinking about having to put inters on rather than fuelling.

Today he was going on about Massa pitting and it being good for Hamilton; not even thinking about having to put inters on rather than fuelling.

Well yes but pitting for Hamilton would have meant the race was lost. He just couldn't imagine that!

It was good for Hamilton because he had already pitted and was effectively ahead of Massa. Massa was a 2 stop strategy Lewis on a 1 stop, so Lewis was effectively ahead. That he had to make an unscheduled stop for Inters handed the advantage back to Massa.

It was good for Hamilton because he had already pitted and was effectively ahead of Massa. Massa was a 2 stop strategy Lewis on a 1 stop, so Lewis was effectively ahead. That he had to make an unscheduled stop for Inters handed the advantage back to Massa.

*hits head*

They were pitting then because it was the perfect time for inters, not because Massa necessarily had to pit then. That's the whole point Allen and clearly you missed.

*hits head*

They were pitting then because it was the perfect time for inters, not because Massa necessarily had to pit then. That's the whole point Allen and clearly you missed.

Regardless Kay, Massa still to pit because he was on a 2 stop strategy while lewis was on a one stop strategy. If the rain had continued Massa would have pitted for both fuel and wets - lewis would not have had to pit because he already had taken on wets during his one and only stop and would therefore have been ahead of Massa on he track.

You'll get it in the end.

Regardless Kay, Massa still to pit because he was on a 2 stop strategy while lewis was on a one stop strategy. If the rain had continued Massa would have pitted for both fuel and wets - lewis would not have had to pit because he already had taken on wets during his one and only stop and would therefore have been ahead of Massa on he track.

You'll get it in the end.

No dear. It's lost on you not me (YHR managed to get it).

No dear. It's lost on you not me (YHR managed to get it).

:clap3: Well not really. You are both right!!!!! :clap3:

"I think today I wasn't really lucky," he said.

"I think I drove a really good race.

"I took it easy at the beginning, and then started to close everyone down, and pulled off some good moves when I needed to.

"I was coming through the field, I think I was up to second at one stage, and if it had rained, I would've won.

"But it didn't happen."

After his additional pit stop, Hamilton rejoined behind Massa, but dropped back after over-using his intermediate tyres as he charged onto the Ferrari's tail.