Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bro.

Whats Wrong With James Allen

Ok let me clear it up for both of you.

Fed up says Hamilton had an advantage IF the rains came and he could pull off a one stop like Kubica but Hamilton chose the wrong tyre therby making him pit again for Inters. So Fed Up is just saying at first Hamilton had the advantage?(1 stop), but since it started drying Massa got back the advantage....(as both 2 stopped)

The track was not ready for inters when he pitted though, thus he did not make the wrong choice.

I guess... Also i think they were expecting rain to come which would have make his tyres the correct one...

Ok let me clear it up for both of you.

Fed up says Hamilton had an advantage IF the rains came and he could pull off a one stop like Kubica but Hamilton chose the wrong tyre therby making him pit again for Inters. So Fed Up is just saying at first Hamilton had the advantage?(1 stop), but since it started drying Massa got back the advantage....(as both 2 stopped)

I know what Fed Up is saying, he's talking about an alternative possibility that would have suited Hamilton(rain). I don't need it cleared up at all.

An alternative possibility that was ruled out on lap 33 when Massa pitted early for inters along with others. The pitstop made it clear wets were no longer the tyre to be on. Therefore the pitstop was not 'good' for Hamilton. It was bad. It meant his strategy wasn't going to pan out. That he was going to have to pit an extra time. Allen was too busy in shock that Massa was two stopping and not one (which was clear to most) to realise this.

I really don't see what's hard to see in all that.

I know what Fed Up is saying, he's talking about an alternative possibility that would have suited Hamilton(rain). I don't need it cleared up at all.

An alternative possibility that was ruled out on lap 33 when Massa pitted early for inters along with others. The pitstop made it clear wets were no longer the tyre to be on. Therefore the pitstop was not 'good' for Hamilton. It was bad. It meant his strategy wasn't going to pan out. That he was going to have to pit an extra time. Allen was too busy in shock that Massa was two stopping and not one (which was clear to most) to realise this.

I really don't see what's hard to see in all that.

Ohh Okay. Fair enough. Your just trying to diss out Allen's comments which were pretty stupid...

What's wrong with James Allen?

Everything :)

To be more specific - he cannot describe anything with inserting a superlative. Martin clearly is not a fan as there is often a silence following one of his "classic" comments. He goes on and on and on and on and on about how wonderful Hamilton is (before that is was Schui).

He makes stupid analogies: e.g. once described the effect of G-Force on a driver's helmet to be the same as if a labrador dog was tied to the helmet....

He gets over excited - e.g. comments from the last race where he wittered on about this being one of the most amazing things he had seen in 25 years.... (really? I could think of many better)

He often makes mistakes.

And most annoyingly of all - he never shuts up..... Its only when I go abroad and listen to foreign commentary that I realise that most do not insist on talking continuously, ad infinitum.

Murray may have been an old fart, but at least he some endearing qualities, James Allen just makes me want to punch him in the nose. :)

Apart from that he's a great guy :D

Yeah, Massa had the fastest car of everyone because he went into Q3 with enough fuel on board to do a one stop race, and still give his best to get on pole. Fed Up, I can see it, Marting Brundle could see it, the whole world except James Allen and Kay could see it - Massa was on a TWO stop strategy, which is why he stopped for 8secs on his first stop, and then got FUEL on his second stop.

One day she might get it. Unfortunately, there is no hope for James Allen.

And where did I say Massa was on a one stop?

Talk about going way over one's head. :lol:

Just as a little clue to help you out, I've been saying all along that Massa was two stopping, only he came in early for inters. ;)

To be more specific - he cannot describe anything with inserting a superlative. Martin clearly is not a fan as there is often a silence following one of his "classic" comments. He goes on and on and on and on and on about how wonderful Hamilton is (before that is was Schui).

He makes stupid analogies: e.g. once described the effect of G-Force on a driver's helmet to be the same as if a labrador dog was tied to the helmet....

He gets over excited - e.g. comments from the last race where he wittered on about this being one of the most amazing things he had seen in 25 years.... (really? I could think of many better)

He often makes mistakes.

And most annoyingly of all - he never shuts up..... Its only when I go abroad and listen to foreign commentary that I realise that most do not insist on talking continuously, ad infinitum.

Murray may have been an old fart, but at least he some endearing qualities, James Allen just makes me want to punch him in the nose. :)

Funnily enough, I just don't have these sort of problems anynore. My F1 commentary consists of -

Dad is it finished yet?

No

Dad is it nearly finished?

No

Dad how long til it's finished?

Paulllll, the cat needs feeding.

The last one puzzles me because we don't have a cat :eusa_think:

The thing that really annoys me with Allen is the Hamilton thing.

You could have Kimi qualify 20th and win but he would go on about Hamiltons amazing Senna Esque jump from 5th to 4th. And whenever someone wins he goes "And .... crosses the line in first place" very calmly. When Hamilton whens its "HAMILTON WINS!" And he screams it.

I can not wait for the BBC next year for three main reasons 1. No Adverts 2. No Allen 3. No Brundle

The thing that really annoys me with Allen is the Hamilton thing.

You could have Kimi qualify 20th and win but he would go on about Hamiltons amazing Senna Esque jump from 5th to 4th. And whenever someone wins he goes "And .... crosses the line in first place" very calmly. When Hamilton whens its "HAMILTON WINS!" And he screams it.

I can not wait for the BBC next year for three main reasons 1. No Adverts 2. No Allen 3. No Brundle

Are you serious. No adverts on your feed??

He often makes mistakes.

:lol: If he was soap, he'd be Simple soap. Murray was, and is Imperial Leather.

Paulllll, the cat needs feeding.

The last one puzzles me because we don't have a cat :eusa_think:

Maybe it's a euphemism. Does she say it whilst wearing skimpy clothing?

3. No Brundle

You need to check the strings on your banjo.

No i was saying thats what will be good about the BBC.

Whats wrong with Martin anyways, next year we will be saying how innoying is David Coulthard commentary.

I have a bad bad bad BAD feeling about the BBC coverage next year.

Yeah I think maybe next year will make us appreciate what we had with ITV :lol:

Stop the c#ck

:lol:

It seems such an alien conecept these days, but no they won't :lol:

Yeah. it too alien.

But's that sweet for the viewers... Though if i was them, i would create a pay channel without adverts and the free one with adverts...

Yeah. it too alien.

But's that sweet for the viewers... Though if i was them, i would create a pay channel without adverts and the free one with adverts...

The BBC is a pay channel in effect because anyone with a TV in the UK has to pay a TV licence, which is purely for the Beeb. It's alos why they can afford not to have adverts on their 2 main channels.