Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Null

Why Has Nick Heidfeld Never Won A Gp?

Yar-yar-yar. Banging post there, well I liked it. I agree, in terms of heaps, Nick probably has more than Kova, and Lewis who is a proper driver has more than either of the pair. Lewis has many heaps. However it has to be said, that Raikkonen is the new Hakkinen (Mika had heaps of heaps), and one day Kova will be the new Raikkonen. Which means one day Kova will be giving Hamilton something to worry about, in the meantime he will take much criticism of course - due to his current lack of heaps.

Welcome to the forum. Excuse my post, I am well aware it was full of crazy talk.

3. Yeah, she is too Catholic to leave me ( I'm Polish, she is Irish/German/Polish/second generation American :wacko: ) and besides we have an agreement - the one who leaves takes the kid - this basically assured that this marriage will last until 2018 (or the end of the World, if it in fact happens in 2012).

Although MY family is somewhat stunned that she didn't kill me yet...

:lol: That's funny.

Heidfield is not a number-one driver - he is solid, reasonably fast and he's always there fighting for the points, but he is not #1 material. He's probably one of the best #2 driver in the grid though. Heaps better than Kovalainnen at least, who is VERY lucky to be sitting on a McClaren if you ask me.

Welcome Pepper. I seem to remember a rather attractive woman on Neighbours called Pepper. Or was it Pippa in Oz-speak? Who cares...

The real question to ask is why so many many many Grand Prix drivers have not won a Grand Prix. The answer is simple : they are rubbish and/or their car/team is rubbish OR they are good and their car/team is rubbish OR in Chris Amon's case - JUST TOO DAMN UNLUCKY.

somehow I understand your family.

aaaww, admit it, you just LOVE to hate me...

Or, I'm like an achy tooth - you just can't stop playing with it with your tongue... no, wait, that came out just a bit too tawdry... or lewd, depending on a point of view. errr.. now I feel like a dirty old man.

There you go - another thread into the gutter! :unsure:

Thanks, Katy - it's all YOUR fault! :huh:

:lol: That's funny.

Well, it's the truth! Of course, it worked better for my in-laws, but they had 7 kids...And if my wife is a fair example of them, no wonder THAT marriage lasted 52 years...

Well, it's the truth! Of course, it worked better for my in-laws, but they had 7 kids...And if my wife is a fair example of them, no wonder THAT marriage lasted 52 years...

:lol: So moral of the story is to have more kids if you want your marriage to work?? :P

I suppose it has been said, but the reality is that Heidfeld has never had a car that was truly able to win. He did beat Kimi and Massa when he was their partner but it mattered naught. Kimi got the seat at McLaren that was meant to be his and Massa eventually landed in Ferrari. Oddly, Heiidfled was dumped in 2004 in favor of Massa.

All in all, I would say he has been unlucky more than anything else. He probably would've done better than Massa has at Ferrari but we will never know. As I have pointed out elsewhere the current fcked up situation in the top teams means that a lot of talent does not have a place to go and if Alonso moves to BMW, it may be the end of Heidfeld.

Ultimately, Heidfeld's lack of luck is not that uncommon. One could argue that Webber or Button are in the same predicament as many other drivers in the past have. The way things look now, Kubica and Vettel may get screwed over the very same way...

The lesson to learn is Hamilton's and Massa's. It doesn't matter what you do or say, positive or negative, as long as you have important people behind you (i.e. relevant contacts in the top teams). If you don't have godfathers, you will get nowhere fast.

Well, the fact is that Heidfeld did beat Massa when they were teammates. We could disagree as to whether Massa would be quicker now but the point is moot. Massa's got friends in places that Heidfeld will never have. A showdown is next to impossible.

:lol: So moral of the story is to have more kids if you want your marriage to work?? :P

...so it appears... :blink:

Because eventually you will get a driver who is quite good like Nick, but he won't win a race or it will take him ages, it's just maths.

The reason he hasn't is because he isn't good enough to be put in a Ferrari/Mclaren and because he hasn't been lucky, and when he has been lucky others have been luckier.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Probability favours the top cars, when they all have a bad day, it could be any mid fielder who get's the benefit. Nick just hasn't had that fortune as yet.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Probability favours the top cars, when they all have a bad day, it could be any mid fielder who get's the benefit. Nick just hasn't had that fortune as yet.

Well, he has been lucky that way (he's got a few podiums)... just not Button lucky.