Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Driver Of The Day-italian Gp

DOD Monza  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Driver of the Day?

• Vettel
    • Kovalainen
    • Kubica
    • Alonso
    • Heidfeld
    • Massa
    • Hamilton
    • Webber
    • Other

Indeed. The forum is just full of a bunch of sanitised pussies now.

Oh bollock me I just got a paper cut.

:lol: That's a shame you guys weren't here when Montoya was driving in F1. You should have heard the pussies complain about his driving style. :lol:

:lol: That's a shame you guys weren't here when Montoya was driving in F1. You should have heard the pussies complain about his driving style. :lol:

:lol:

I was here then, I think :eusa_think:

me misses Ide driving style. THAT was style.

Wow. I wonder what talking pussies look like. :lol::lol::lol:

(BTW, McMontoya was brilliant[ly fat])

I got to watch that style live at Indy in 06 when he took himself and his team mate , oh yeah Kimi out at turn one and two , I do have to admit when he stepped out of the garage with his wife and child the crowd went nutz , OKOK the Columbians went crazy , it was a fun day sitting in that crowd that day .

Vettel, Hamilton and Kubica. What a surprise you had for me here with the one-option poll, I had them all decided... hm. Alonso was good, and he looked happy on TV^^

I wanted to vote Vettel, but my vote goes to Lewis for his storm-trooping antics. Brilliant drive.

I got a white t-shirt to be sent to you from the church.

I always liked Montoya and Sato's driving.

I got a white t-shirt to be sent to you from the church.

:lol: Nah, you're ok. I'm an athiest. :lol:

Wow. I wonder what talking pussies look like. :lol::lol::lol:

(BTW, McMontoya was brilliant[ly fat])

:lol: The Brazilians are quite attractive. :lol:

For petes sake Kay - take the WHOLE race into account - who was it that drove from 15th to 2nd? Who was it that left Kimi in his literal wake? Who was it that could very well have won the race if the predicted rain came again?

And who was it that finished 8th? Because he COOKED HIS TIRES??? seems like a driver's mistake to me.

I wanted to vote Vettel, but my vote goes to Lewis for his storm-trooping antics. Brilliant drive.

Yup. Until he destroyed his tires.

:lol: Nah, you're ok. I'm an athiest. :lol:

But you could be a devil and get it wet. :P

And who was it that finished 8th? Because he COOKED HIS TIRES??? seems like a driver's mistake to me.

ummmmm...Webber....rather tall chap....hard to miss....

lessee now....Kubica pitted once, Lewis twice. Lewis was far far less than a pit stop behind bobby-mac, so hammy must've been driving the nuts off, which in that weather must've required some skill, and therefore, on the basis of the evidence, final placings notwithstanding, I think he drove better than bobby-mac in this particular race, and thus i granted him the privelage of my tick of approval.

Bobby-mac did a Heidi, stayed on track as best he could, and finished a credible third. However there was nothing overly stellar in his drive, just BMW has a bigger fuel tank apparently and allowed him only one visit to the pits, and hit the inters window just at the right moment.

And that's racing. Bit of luck, bit of skill, keep it on track, pass the guy infront.

Hammy lucked out on this particular occassion, as had it rained he may well have won, and what a drive that would have been. However it didn't rain, and Kubica/BMW were lucky enough to have their pit window at the time the track conditions changed. He did his job and got the car to the finish. But as I have said before, and no doubt will say again, the standings do not, and never will, tell the true story of the race.

Just like its f'ing great Vettel won, but we know that he did that through being able to see during the first ten or so laps and open up a half decent, manageable/defendable lead. I hardly ever vote for the winner of the race, or sometimes even someone that podiums as the driver of the day, because I look at not only their finishing spot, but also their entire race. Which is why in Monaco I voted Sutil - great drive till that amateur :P Kimi hit him. He DNF'd but he had the best race, IMHO.

Don't get so worked up piotr - its great you support you countryman - he's a great racer, there is no denying that. ANd when/if the day comes we see Rosberg, Hamilton, Massa, Raikonnen, Kubica, Vettel, Kovi all sitting in near equal machinery (i.e. more than two season-long competitive teams), then we are going to see some great racing. But until that day, I'll continue to dream.... :P

Seem to recall he kept it on track though...

lessee now....Kubica pitted once, Lewis twice. Lewis was far far less than a pit stop behind bobby-mac, so hammy must've been driving the nuts off, which in that weather must've required some skill, and therefore, on the basis of the evidence, final placings notwithstanding, I think he drove better than bobby-mac in this particular race, and thus i granted him the privelage of my tick of approval.

Bobby-mac did a Heidi, stayed on track as best he could, and finished a credible third. However there was nothing overly stellar in his drive, just BMW has a bigger fuel tank apparently and allowed him only one visit to the pits, and hit the inters window just at the right moment.

And that's racing. Bit of luck, bit of skill, keep it on track, pass the guy infront.

Hammy lucked out on this particular occassion, as had it rained he may well have won, and what a drive that would have been. However it didn't rain, and Kubica/BMW were lucky enough to have their pit window at the time the track conditions changed. He did his job and got the car to the finish. But as I have said before, and no doubt will say again, the standings do not, and never will, tell the true story of the race.

Just like its f'ing great Vettel won, but we know that he did that through being able to see during the first ten or so laps and open up a half decent, manageable/defendable lead. I hardly ever vote for the winner of the race, or sometimes even someone that podiums as the driver of the day, because I look at not only their finishing spot, but also their entire race. Which is why in Monaco I voted Sutil - great drive till that amateur :P Kimi hit him. He DNF'd but he had the best race, IMHO.

Don't get so worked up piotr - its great you support you countryman - he's a great racer, there is no denying that. ANd when/if the day comes we see Rosberg, Hamilton, Massa, Raikonnen, Kubica, Vettel, Kovi all sitting in near equal machinery (i.e. more than two season-long competitive teams), then we are going to see some great racing. But until that day, I'll continue to dream.... :P

Unlike a credible 7th (sorry, 8th, 7th, it's all the same to me...) by Hamilton, which earns him DOD. Sorry, at best thay had a very similar drive. I'll grant you that.

No, I guess I am biased against Hamilton because of his feeling of entitlement ("I am fighting for WDC, so all of you worse-than-me midfielders should move aside"), a superiority complex, and false pseudo-modesty. Brits and their press full of undeserved adoration is not helping either.

And Kubica had a hell of a race, gained 8 positions (albeit one was an unearned one), but somehow is not supposed to be in the same league with Hamilton. I guess I'm just too stupid to see it that way...Ya know, in the end I may actually go for Vettel - after all he did not screw up, he DID get on pole deservedly, and won. No way I will agree on "it's never my fault" Hamilton.

Sorry!

No offense.

Seem to recall he kept it on track though...

Yup. He did. But that's part of the problem, and that's part of the reason he ended up 3rd, while Kubixca ended up on podium. As I recall, Hamilton made the same exactly mistake last year.

Unlike a credible 7th (sorry, 8th, 7th, it's all the same to me...) by Hamilton, which earns him DOD. Sorry, at best thay had a very similar drive. I'll grant you that.

No, I guess I am biased against Hamilton because of his feeling of entitlement ("I am fighting for WDC, so all of you worse-than-me midfielders should move aside"), a superiority complex, and false pseudo-modesty. Brits and their press full of undeserved adoration is not helping either.

And Kubica had a hell of a race, gained 8 positions (albeit one was an unearned one), but somehow is not supposed to be in the same league with Hamilton. I guess I'm just too stupid to see it that way...Ya know, in the end I may actually go for Vettel - after all he did not screw up, he DID get on pole deservedly, and won. No way I will agree on "it's never my fault" Hamilton.

Sorry!

No offense.

None taken bud. The major difference in their respective drives is that the majority of Kubica's gains were made by only pitting once, and not from actually overtaking. Call me a fan of cars passing cars on track if you want, but thats what I prefer to see, and have never liked races where the only passes come from a pit strategy and there is no actual passes on track car on car.