Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

banjo7

Sebastian Vettel

All this talk of Alonso too Ferrari and some talk of Kubica to Ferrari made me think.

Why not Vettel?

He is young,Talented and his wages will be a lot less than the other two.

I believe that if given the chance in a good car he will be one of the best ever. He has proved his talent in the dry aswell as the wet. When you consider he has got 23 points in that car it is amazing. He is within 5 points of Trulli and Alonso in a Renault and Toyota which over the course of the season have clearly been stronger. Even Sebastian Bourdais is 19 points behind and he is a decent enough driver. Just looking at the people he has beat he is beating Webber,Glock,Rosberg alot of good drivers in decent cars.

So does anyone else see Vettel in a Ferrari in 2010/2011?

\o_ i dont care where seb goes cus he can win anywhere :lol: i truly wanted him in a bmw, but if he likes ferrari *as he does* its gon be as awesome as.

I predict that a yet to enter GP2 driver will end up at Ferrari. Or how about Vettel's unborn son from his yet to meet wife? Apparently Domenicali has been seen near Vettel's testicles,interviewing his sperm.

The question is....

Will Ferrari still be as dominant in 2010?

I would have to say with the new rules taking affect this coming season , new "areo" and other such rule changes , we will have to see how everyone makes out in the 09 season before making predictions about the 2010 season . With Honda giving up the 08 season to work on the 09 car they just may be the team to beat in 09 ?

Vettel deserves a top seat, if he carries on driving like he is, he'll get one, and then whoever he has as a team mate will be in trouble, then he will become champion. Simple as.

But first he has to beat Webber, that's his next challenge. I think he will beat him.

But first he has to beat Webber, that's his next challenge. I think he will beat him.

Blindfolded. Bit difficult, but still possible. :lol:

I like Mark, he's just way over-rated as a driver. Yeah, he's unlucky at times... but he is a nice guy. But still over-rated. Sorry Webber fans, if its any consolation - I'm a Button fan. ;):P

I don't see much of a shake up with the new rules to be honest so I think it

Ah. But there's the word. Front-ish.

Can we be absolutely certain, as we were in the days of MS that Ferrari will be completely dominant as they were? Who's to say that it won't be BMW locking out the front row each race, or (bit of a wish here...) Honda won't be?

I don't feel that Stefano Domenblahblahbigarsedname is as much use as Nick Fry really. He seems to be a bit of a bulls##tter. I may be wrong though.

We can't be certain of anything, that's for certain. Especially as Ferrari did stumble whilst Michael was with them in 2005. But patterns do follow and i believe that the conventional wisdom lies with backing Ferrari and McLaren, even with such radical rule change. Or maybe precisely because of such radical rule change; their resources are huge, of course.

As for Fry versus Domenicali? Stefano was groomed. He has been a Ferrari man for his entire working life. He eats and breaths Ferrari. If The same can be said of Fry then maybe i'm wrong too but as it is, i would rate Domenicali significantly higher than Nick Fry.

My Dad was talking about Vettel moving to Ferrari, ten he said next season but that's going a bit too far! 1 season with Red Bull will have him begging for a slot in Ferrari unless they get a new engine insteead of that crap Renault engine!

Vettel is sitting very pretty.

Everyone's sat up and taken note and if he continues with a few more decent performances then he'll have good options available to him in '10. He can wait until the '09 season has started and put his money on a good horse.

A lot of decent drivers never end up making the right career moves, I think Vettel will.

My Dad was talking about Vettel moving to Ferrari, ten he said next season but that's going a bit too far! 1 season with Red Bull will have him begging for a slot in Ferrari unless they get a new engine insteead of that crap Renault engine!

But Ferrari don't have an opening till 2011 season.....

All this talk of Alonso too Ferrari and some talk of Kubica to Ferrari made me think.

Why not Vettel?

He is young,Talented and his wages will be a lot less than the other two.

I believe that if given the chance in a good car he will be one of the best ever. He has proved his talent in the dry aswell as the wet. When you consider he has got 23 points in that car it is amazing. He is within 5 points of Trulli and Alonso in a Renault and Toyota which over the course of the season have clearly been stronger. Even Sebastian Bourdais is 19 points behind and he is a decent enough driver. Just looking at the people he has beat he is beating Webber,Glock,Rosberg alot of good drivers in decent cars.

So does anyone else see Vettel in a Ferrari in 2010/2011?

Because he needs another year or two to get that raw talent in check.

But Ferrari don't have an opening till 2011 season.....

Yeah but realistically what do contracts mean?

Say Felipe does crap in 09 and 2010 i can not see Ferrari sticking with him.

But the likelyhood is an all new Ferrari in 2011 with Vettel and i reckon Kubica.

We can't be certain of anything, that's for certain. Especially as Ferrari did stumble whilst Michael was with them in 2005. But patterns do follow and i believe that the conventional wisdom lies with backing Ferrari and McLaren, even with such radical rule change. Or maybe precisely because of such radical rule change; their resources are huge, of course.

As for Fry versus Domenicali? Stefano was groomed. He has been a Ferrari man for his entire working life. He eats and breaths Ferrari. If The same can be said of Fry then maybe i'm wrong too but as it is, i would rate Domenicali significantly higher than Nick Fry.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Indeed I can't be certain, hence my use of the word frontish.

Sorry if I seemed a bit aggressive, but I think you caught my drift - and I catch yours! :lol:

Vettel deserves a top seat, if he carries on driving like he is, he'll get one, and then whoever he has as a team mate will be in trouble, then he will become champion. Simple as.

Bah...what a boring post.

You must ask your dad to join this forum.

I predict that a yet to enter GP2 driver will end up at Ferrari. Or how about Vettel's unborn son from his yet to meet wife? Apparently Domenicali has been seen near Vettel's testicles,interviewing his sperm.

:lol::roll::rofl::grouplaugh:

shhhhh we already signed a deal for baby sebi... but u didnt anything about it from me ;)

Vettel is sitting very pretty.

Everyone's sat up and taken note and if he continues with a few more decent performances then he'll have good options available to him in '10. He can wait until the '09 season has started and put his money on a good horse.

A lot of decent drivers never end up making the right career moves, I think Vettel will.

Timing is everything. Just ask Button or Massa.

Looking ahead I think Vettel is well positioned to make the most of his career, and do very well. I think it does a driver good to simmer in the backmarker teams for a couple of years. Helps get your head straight, so when you arrive at the Big Team, you can handle it all. You remember how lucky you are to be at a top team, and realize without them you are nothing, but another driver in the field.

I rate the boy highly, but I'll reserve judgement until after next season.

Webber will be a formidable team mate in a team that Webber would have spent 2 years (i'm not sure whther this team was the old Jaguar so maybe more) getting to know his way around. If he beats Webber or at least matches him his future will be very rosy. If Webber destroys him he'll become 'just' another driver with potential, but not able to step up to the plate when it really counts.

We will see.