Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

banjo7

Sebastian Vettel

All this talk of Alonso too Ferrari and some talk of Kubica to Ferrari made me think.

Why not Vettel?

He is young,Talented and his wages will be a lot less than the other two.

I believe that if given the chance in a good car he will be one of the best ever. He has proved his talent in the dry aswell as the wet. When you consider he has got 23 points in that car it is amazing. He is within 5 points of Trulli and Alonso in a Renault and Toyota which over the course of the season have clearly been stronger. Even Sebastian Bourdais is 19 points behind and he is a decent enough driver. Just looking at the people he has beat he is beating Webber,Glock,Rosberg alot of good drivers in decent cars.

So does anyone else see Vettel in a Ferrari in 2010/2011?

What applies to Alonso and Kubica applies to Vettel too. We, F1 fans, need these drivers to put mid-field teams ahead of Ferrari and McLaren as, in any case, these two teams are compromised and won't have them to begin with.

The sooner teams like BMW, Reanult, or Toyota start to become truly competitive, the sooner will McLaren and Ferrari be forced to clean house and stop making fools of themselves with performances as we've seen this season.

The way things are, mediocre roulette seasons will continue to be the norm... and this year's is the second in a row. I, for one, have had enough.

The chassis-aero of RBR is the only one in the top team league. What they need to do to fight for the championships is to dump the Renault piece of s##t and get themselves a Ferrari engine.

What applies to Alonso and Kubica applies to Vettel too. We, F1 fans, need these drivers to put mid-field teams ahead of Ferrari and McLaren as, in any case, these two teams are compromised and won't have them to begin with.

The sooner teams like BMW, Reanult, or Toyota start to become truly competitive, the sooner will McLaren and Ferrari be forced to clean house and stop making fools of themselves with performances as we've seen this season.

The way things are, mediocre roulette seasons will continue to be the norm... and this year's is the second in a row. I, for one, have had enough.

Yes i agree that there have been too many mistakes made but if it was a choice between the roulette seasons 2007 and 2008 or 2004 where Michael won by over 30 points and Ferrari won by over 140 points i would choose 2007 and 2008.

I dont know about that....

I quite like the roulette unpredictablity aspect of F1 at the moment. We've had too many years of one man and team dominating the sport. So im glad its gone a bit crazy and Ferrari and Mclaren have began to make silly errors. I mean what do you expect?

Jean Todt and Ross Brawn has left Ferrari, its obvious that their new boys are going to make errors. Give them a few years and theyll be on top with Massa/Vettel.

And Mclaren look to me in a bit of trouble. Their long overdue a World Championship, and if they dont win it this season. Their gonna have trouble when BMW are up there and maybe Honda (depends if they dont mess up) fight with Ferrari. So I think the pressure of winning is getting to them.

To me Mclaren need to get rid of Heikki, he's a solid driver and a great guy, but Mclaren need TWO drivers that can win world championships if they wanna compete. I mean the standard of drivers in Ferrari are high (Massa's quick and Kimi can be unbeatable if he tryed hard enough) and BMW have Kubica and Heidfeld (though they'll be stronger if they have Kubica and Vettel or Alonso) next season.

shhhhh we already signed a deal for baby sebi... but u didnt anything about it from me ;)

He won his first F1 race and impregnated you? Man, he's having a good week.

I quite like the roulette unpredictablity aspect of F1 at the moment. We've had too many years of one man and team dominating the sport. So im glad its gone a bit crazy and Ferrari and Mclaren have began to make silly errors. I mean what do you expect?

Jean Todt and Ross Brawn has left Ferrari, its obvious that their new boys are going to make errors. Give them a few years and theyll be on top with Massa/Vettel.

And Mclaren look to me in a bit of trouble. Their long overdue a World Championship, and if they dont win it this season. Their gonna have trouble when BMW are up there and maybe Honda (depends if they dont mess up) fight with Ferrari. So I think the pressure of winning is getting to them.

To me Mclaren need to get rid of Heikki, he's a solid driver and a great guy, but Mclaren need TWO drivers that can win world championships if they wanna compete. I mean the standard of drivers in Ferrari are high (Massa's quick and Kimi can be unbeatable if he tryed hard enough) and BMW have Kubica and Heidfeld (though they'll be stronger if they have Kubica and Vettel or Alonso) next season.

Good post.

You must ask your dad to join this forum.
Like I said before, he could'nt be arsed & neither could I on talking about his opinions on Ferrari now!

Bah...what a boring post.

:lol: So I didn't make you cry again? Damn. Oh wait a minute your doing that thing Andres does where he refers to his own post! :P Phew.

One of the top teams will pick him up after next season, that's for sure. Could be any of the trio BMW, Ferrari or Macca. The RB visit may end up shortly if the engine doesn't perform like it should.

Yes i agree that there have been too many mistakes made but if it was a choice between the roulette seasons 2007 and 2008 or 2004 where Michael won by over 30 points and Ferrari won by over 140 points i would choose 2007 and 2008.

I have no problem with a guy and/or team beating the field by 200 points if their performance deserves it. To me, F1 is about that, performance, and to see a bunch of clowns goofing around while demanding to be awarded the WC because they "morally deserve" it, is a fcking joke.

Same as above. The problem, as I see it, is that for whatever reasons the top two teams have been compromissed. I don't see them going at each other with all their might. As you say, why the heck does McLaren give up on their second drive? Are there not good drivers in the field? How about Vettel, for example? Can anyone possibly argue that Kova is better than Vettel? Decisions such as this, lower the quality of the competition and, yes, result in this roulette of incompetence.

As I've said before, Ferrari, McLaren, and BMW are ahead of the rest. These three teams amount to 6 drivers, SIX. For Vettel to score a win, SIX drivers must fck up. SIX. On more time, SIX drivers must fckup. Look back over the season and see how many times up to FOUR drivers in top teams fcked up in any given race so that even Piquet could score a podium. You will be surprised how consistently awful the performances of the drivers in top teams are.

For the sake of the sport, replace them.

But first he has to beat Webber, that's his next challenge. I think he will beat him.

The battle between Sebastian and mark next year is something I

Most likely he will be closely followed by Ferrari, and snapped up by 2011, unless he is outperformed by Webber in RBR. He is a protege of Schumi, Berger (both with obvious Ferrari links). At the moment it will be a wait and see for the next couple of years while he matures.

I have no problem with a guy and/or team beating the field by 200 points if their performance deserves it. To me, F1 is about that, performance, and to see a bunch of clowns goofing around while demanding to be awarded the WC because they "morally deserve" it, is a fcking joke.

Same as above. The problem, as I see it, is that for whatever reasons the top two teams have been compromissed. I don't see them going at each other with all their might. As you say, why the heck does McLaren give up on their second drive? Are there not good drivers in the field? How about Vettel, for example? Can anyone possibly argue that Kova is better than Vettel? Decisions such as this, lower the quality of the competition and, yes, result in this roulette of incompetence.

As I've said before, Ferrari, McLaren, and BMW are ahead of the rest. These three teams amount to 6 drivers, SIX. For Vettel to score a win, SIX drivers must fck up. SIX. On more time, SIX drivers must fckup. Look back over the season and see how many times up to FOUR drivers in top teams fcked up in any given race so that even Piquet could score a podium. You will be surprised how consistently awful the performances of the drivers in top teams are.

For the sake of the sport, replace them.

That's got to do with strategy and safety car kicking in and randomizing things.