Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

banjo7

Hamilton's Popularity Grows In The Pit Lane.

Hamilton's Driving Slammed by fellow drivers.

Aweek after the Spa-Francorchamps penalty controversy, championship leader Lewis Hamilton's on-track antics are back in the spotlight. The McLaren driver got involved in some close encounters during Sunday's Italian grand prix, including with his old foe and former teammate, Fernando Alonso.

He has a point, but this is racing. Kimi squeezed Lewis at Spa (and they touched) but Lewis got the penalty. I really don't understand what is going on F1 at the moment. It seems to me that the whole world wants Lewis to fail. Why is Glock complaining? Lewis is fighting for a WDC, qulaified down the grid and is trying he best to get as many points as possible - These guys need to get out of the way of both Massa and Lewis and let them race..a WDC is at stake here.

Aweek after the Spa-Francorchamps penalty controversy, championship leader Lewis Hamilton's on-track antics are back in the spotlight. The McLaren driver got involved in some close encounters during Sunday's Italian grand prix, including with his old foe and former teammate, Fernando Alonso.

He has a point, but this is racing. Kimi squeezed Lewis at Spa (and they touched) but Lewis got the penalty. I really don't understand what is going on F1 at the moment. It seems to me that the whole world wants Lewis to fail. Why is Glock complaining? Lewis is fighting for a WDC, qulaified down the grid and is trying he best to get as many points as possible - These guys need to get out of the way of both Massa and Lewis and let them race..a WDC is at stake here.

Fells like i

He has a point, but this is racing. These guys need to get out of the way of both Massa and Lewis and let them race..a WDC is at stake here.

Talk about contradicting yourself.

You claim this is racing and then say the drivers should pull out of the way and lose points themselves?

Let them race fairly is what i say if Lewis can not get past without running drivers off the road he does not deserve it.

Well, it ain't a popularity contest :lol:

Timo doesn't say he will take Lewis out, he says he will behave exactly the same way. That's fair enough and Lewis can have absolutely no complaints whatsoever if he does.

Yeah but hopefully in running Lewis off the road he will take him out.

Yeah i know its not a popularity contest but i certainly do not think this will help Lewis though because Timo is likely to be lapped by Lewis at one point in the last 4 races i can't see Timo making it easy for him now.

Welcome Banjo! Interesting posts. Lewis bends the rules but imho he should keep doing it as long as he can get away with it - that's pretty much how I see F1 working. Clearly he has to be careful with cutting chicanes from now on. :lol:

Thanks Murray.

Yeah it was good to see everyone hand back the position in Monza after chicane cutting. I do think that the only reason that Lewis was not punished again is due to the uproar by British Media and British Fans complaining about the clear FIA Bias towards Ferrari, people seem to forget that last year McLaren were lucky as hell to not get kicked out of the 2007 And 2008 Season all together.

It is a shame that people see it that way but most of them could not care for F1 until Lewis came about.

Thanks Murray.

people seem to forget that last year McLaren were lucky as hell to not get kicked out of the 2007 And 2008 Season all together.

They did!

That they were competiting was only for the 'show'

That didn't win anything and lost all their earnings from the year so, for all intents and purposes they were kicked out last year.

They did!

That they were competiting was only for the 'show'

That didn't win anything and lost all their earnings from the year so, for all intents and purposes they were kicked out last year.

How? They were kicked out of the constructors and Lewis bottled it how is that being kicked out?

Its like saying Reading were kicked out of the Premiership by the FA last year when they were relegated.

How? They were kicked out of the constructors and Lewis bottled it how is that being kicked out?

Its like saying Reading were kicked out of the Premiership by the FA last year when they were relegated.

Flip the question on it's head, did they achieve the desired result? Did a Ferrari cloned Mclaren win the WDC?

The desired result (fair result) was to ensure that Mclaren didn't benefit from stealing Ferrari IP.

it seemed i was watching myself playing f1 on playstation w 'no damage' option on...

Yeah but hopefully in running Lewis off the road he will take him out.

Yeah i know its not a popularity contest but i certainly do not think this will help Lewis though because Timo is likely to be lapped by Lewis at one point in the last 4 races i can't see Timo making it easy for him now.

Actually, it won't really make much difference, because if he is lapping Timo then the blue flag rule comes into play. If they are racing for position, then it may be a different story :lol:

Mind you it never seemed to hurt Senna, Schumi and the like :eusa_think:

it seemed i was watching myself playing f1 on playstation w 'no damage' option on...

Yeah, Vettel drives like a girl. :P

Thanks Murray.

Yeah it was good to see everyone hand back the position in Monza after chicane cutting. I do think that the only reason that Lewis was not punished again is due to the uproar by British Media and British Fans complaining about the clear FIA Bias towards Ferrari, people seem to forget that last year McLaren were lucky as hell to not get kicked out of the 2007 And 2008 Season all together.

It is a shame that people see it that way but most of them could not care for F1 until Lewis came about.

You're welcome mate.

i meant lewis way of driving. u read thread name, honey?

:lol: Nope. I just like winding you up, to be honest, and it seemed like an open goal. :)

:lol: Oh btw did I ever tell you he runs like a girl? It was so cute!

Indeed. It's true, it cannot be denied

And he kicks like a girl too, not very German like at all. Must be the English influence :whistling:

Actually, it won't really make much difference, because if he is lapping Timo then the blue flag rule comes into play. If they are racing for position, then it may be a different story :lol:

Mind you it never seemed to hurt Senna, Schumi and the like :eusa_think:

Yeah but even if Timo obeys the blue flag rule he could easily hold Lewis up for a couple of corners and cost him a good 10 seconds and not get penalised.