Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

banjo7

Hamilton's Popularity Grows In The Pit Lane.

Absolutely. His comments to the on track reporters are hilarious. I laughed whe he said he was going to talk to Massa and beat the crap out of the little b#####d.

:lol::lol:

Ah yes! Crazy Dave Coulthard!! I remember now! :lol:;)

With all the bumping and banging DC has been doing as of late one would think he is getting ready for his switch to NASCAR next yr .

With all the bumping and banging DC has been doing as of late one would think he is getting ready for his switch to NASCAR next yr .

I wonder what his girl thinks of all the bumping and banging.

I wonder what his girl thinks of all the bumping and banging.

Depends on how long it lasts for! :lol:

Depends on how long it lasts for! :lol:

What's below gutter but above sewer??? Because that's where we are heading right now. Hey, DC stopped by about 20 minutes from my house in Delaware during a Dover race (before the Montreal GP) to support Red Bull effort in NASCAR, so I expect him to start bumping and grinding Montoya any year now...

I for one am glad to see a thread on Hamilton talk about what he does on track rather than abuse of his personality. When Hamilton arrives behind another car you KNOW he is going to make the attempt to pass, not sit there until the perfect chance arrives, and then we can have a good argument about whether it was fair or not. I would be interested to know which of the front runners have made the most overtaking moves this year and whoever it is good on them.

I for one am glad to see a thread on Hamilton talk about what he does on track rather than abuse of his personality. When Hamilton arrives behind another car you KNOW he is going to make the attempt to pass, not sit there until the perfect chance arrives, and then we can have a good argument about whether it was fair or not. I would be interested to know which of the front runners have made the most overtaking moves this year and whoever it is good on them.

You are behind the topic. Hamilton stopped bumping and grinding after Montreal even though he tried at Monza (Kimi got away). Of course, in bumping and grinding Montoya still wins, and he isn't even in F1! Of course, Eddie Cheever never stopped, so he should get a life achievement award...

for my money - the thing that doesn't sit right is that Lewis wants to drive agressively, but want's to be seen as an unagressive character at the same time.

I think that's why people are finding it hard to deal with / assess what they actually think of him, and that in itself can get annoying.

Either he should flip the bird to everyone a la senna, let his driving do the talking, lamp anyone who gets in his way and stop trying to be such a little darling OR become as much of a nancy on the track is he is off it.

Personally I'd like to see the former since pussies never last in racing. Saying that, their seems to be quite a lot of whining buggers in the pit lane at the moment - including Hamilton.

Shut up and race like b#####ds I say. Take each other off if it means winning the championship. The greatest of former champions all treated the track like they owned it, why not these guys?

We give too much leeway to these guys, to be honest. Needing a superlicense to compete is not license to be a jerk.

A colleague (an african felow) was talking the other day about the image of blacks on account of the US election and Obama's persona. At some point, he went on to talk about the dignity of some sportsmen and cited Woods and Jordan. I mentioned Hamilton's dignity. The friendly chap burt out laughing and soon we both had tears in ours eyes.

Still, Hamilton is the best driver in F1 history, has more "balls" than WCs, and is the best at what he does. Is he justified to forfeit dignity? It must be that it slows him down.

Anyway, Hamilton' racing is fun to watch and it should get even more fun now that his FIA sponsorship has expired. It is only a matter of time before other drivers start to pay him back...